Who is # 89 where did he come from?

where did they get him from ? do you think he is going to have a good year?

He is Scott Mitchell. He is a rookie brought in by Obie. And yes, he will have one hell of a year.

I was hard on him in the first quarter on the game thread after he dropped a pass and fumbled his second reception, but he won me over. He's got the size and the hands to be a great receiver. Definitely a hot prospect. He is one of the things I am pleased with and excited about after last night's game.

Watch for Eddie Cohen too. When this recieveing corps comes into its own we'll be begging to re-sign these guys to new contracts.

You can see their upside ..
Growning Pains are really going hurt us..

Oh brother. Someone makes a positive post and ALWAYS someone else has stick their negative nose into it. There's plenty of doom and gloom. This guy IS one of the upsides but he's not infallible. Just let it be!

They will get i got a chance to talk to scott he is a good guy and has soft hand and has good size.He will be a shock to the entire leauge this year. Trust me

He is great kid...
all new WR are but We still going Growing Pains.
But once they catch on look out CFL..

the best thing i can say about him is that on a poorly thrown pass from Casey, he came back to the ball and made a positive play on something that could have been nothing or worse and INT

Not negative, just realistic.

No, it is negative. The guy asked who this receiver is because the kid showed alot of promise. That is the topic. Can we not have one thread to discuss something positive about the team?

I thought Mitchell had some spark. Looks like the kind of gamer that will improve. I say build this guy, it should pay off.

I am positive...that if he drops two more balls (that would have first downs) and fumbles again...he will be the first victim of the new season.

After teams have seasons like last year, you can't let these "growing pains" extend...promise or not.

The poster asked "Do you think he will have a good year" opinions vary. You say he will have a "hell of a year" that is your opinion but He did some good things and he did some poor things. The fumble gave the Als defense confidence and the momentum turned. YAC's are nice but you have to protect the football and he didn't.

So don't attack other members and distort the original post. He asked, people give their opinions

Are we to expect perfection from a receiver
playing in his first game of pro football, hendy77?

Name me an established receiver
who has never dropped a pass,

and I will eat my hat.

P.S.

Besides, I think his 5 first game catchs
is one of the better first game totals

of any player who ever played in the CFL.

If that's not a positive, what is?

He is ranked 7th in the league after week one. A very good start.

Are we to expect perfection from a receiver playing in his first game of pro football, hendy77?

Name me an established receiver
who has never dropped a pass,

and I will eat my hat.

When a team has struggled to get yards/first downs/points for three seasons and brings in SEVERAL first year receivers and releases a couple of proven receivers....you better be damn close to perfection and for sure in your first few games. You don't get paid to make easy catches (as a professional, you do those for free). You get paid to make the difficult ones.

Established receivers who never drop balls??? Ben Cahoon, Geroy Simon, Milt Stegall.

Hungry yet? :wink:

Mitchell is a freak. He is going to be a great addition to the Cats. Anyone who thinks he is not didn't watch the entire game. He has Casey's eye and that is a good sign, for him and for the team.

When a team has struggled to get yards/first downs/points for three seasons and brings in SEVERAL first year receivers

and releases a couple of proven receivers....

you better be damn close to perfection
and for sure in your first few games.

You don't get paid to make easy catches
(as a professional, you do those for free).

You get paid to make the difficult ones.

Established receivers who never drop balls???

Ben Cahoon, Geroy Simon, Milt Stegall.

Hungry yet? :wink:

In your mind, the players you named
have never dropped a ball, eh, hendy77? :roll:

Perceptions and facts are two different things.

You will have to do better than this
to get me to eat my hat, hendy77, :slight_smile:

besides, your standards are too high.

Who else would expect us to be damn close to perfection
the first game after we have struggled to get
yards/first downs/points for three seasons? :?

Get a grip on your imagination. :wink:

Established receivers who never drop balls??? Ben Cahoon, Geroy Simon, Milt Stegall
8) NEVER drop balls !!!! Hardly !!! :roll:

Take your own advise there Bengal (just let it be). There was nothing negative in that post to warranty YOU jumping all over him.

Where did Onknight actually say anything negative about Mitchell, I didn't see that anywhere.

I think you are the one who should calm down Bengal, this post wasn't negative until you sounded off.

Thanks Godslave ..
All I said was he going to take Time to get Point of where Tony Miles is now.
He have some Growing Pains
1st Year WR always do..