Who has the best chance to beat Calgary?

Well obviously whichever one of the Ontario teams gets 'em in Toronto has the best chance, as the Stamps will be hosting the West Division Final.

1 The RiderGadeBlacks have already proven that they can hang with the Stamps on Ontario soil with a Tie.

2 The TiCats played them tougher in Alberta than they did at home, but their fans have the shortest trip to the Grey Cup.

3 BC has beaten them at home, albeit barely, so that gives them the best chance out of the West Division teams to knock them off I suppose.

4 Edmonton is the only team that beat the Stamps in Calgary, but that was a pre-season game. So that hardly counts. :smiley:

5 Winterpeg played them pretty tough in Calgary Week 14, but didn't fare very well in the other two games, going 0-3 against the Stamps for the season. So I'd say they are least likely to be able to hang with The Stamps.

The team that beats Calgary is ... wait for it ... Calgary.

Als up 7 to 5 . Thick Nick fighting hard against his old team .

I don’t think what happened back in July has any bearing on what a team can do now. Yes Ottawa tied Calgary, I was at that game and Ottawa had that sure INT in the end zone in OT and should have won.
Ottawa has been inconsistent since then.

But it looks like once again Ottawa is getting consistent play and I see them having the best chance of beating the Stamps. But I think it’s going to be a tough East final, they are going to have to beat the Esks at home first

The Esks ??? Getting a little ahead of yerself aren’t ya Jimbo ??? The way it’s looking right now the odds on favourite team to crossover would be the Bombers not the Esks. Final week of the season sees the Eskimos getting a freebie at home against the hopeless Boat Anchors of Toronto. So the only way the Esks will crossover is if the BB’s can beat the RB’s in Ottawa because there’s no way the Esks are losing to Toronto next week. The Eskimos have the season series against the Bombers and are playing better ball then they are at the moment plus they have the easier game of the two to close out the season. My crystal ball and instincts are telling me that the visiting team at THF for the ESF will be the Bombers not the Eskimos.

Als get closer big stop one yd third and one 14-5 4th quarter .

Well , well , well if the question was asked as of right now the answer would be the Alouettes . Start of the 4th and the Dirty Birds have a 14-5 lead on those Stamps..........Uh nope , correction make that 17-5 as the Birds just got a fg to pad their lead. Actually though a loss might just be what the doctor ordered for these Stamps with the playoffs looming , better to lose now then to lose when it matters in the West final.

Okay corrected that, but it doesn’t really matter.

Mike O’shea back in Hamilton for a playoff game should be interesting.

My crystal ball is a little hazy but the way Calgary played today, maybe it could be a BC - Bombers Grey Cup in Toronto.
But also other scenarios, Esks/Stamps or even Esks/Bombers, Lions/Esks, Lions/Bombers or Ottawa/Bombers, Ottawa/Calgary, Ottawa/BC, Ottawa/Esks, Ticats/Calgary, Ticats/Bombers, Ticats/Lions, Ticats/Esks ???

Montreal wins and is your trivia answer for 2016 .

This is a good thing. :thup:

I would not have chosen to get beat by the Johnny Larks. :thdn:
However, I stated before after they clinched first , a defeat would be a good wake up call. :slight_smile:

The bad thing, the 3 week break scares me more and more. :frowning:

I well remember the Flutie charged Stamps that had the best record 15 - 3 , 3 years (93-94-95) in a row and came away with nothing. :thdn: :frowning:
Then there was the 89 Eskimos :thup: :smiley:

Yup, when the regular season is over everybody starts over at 0-0.

The crazy thing about if the B.B's do indeed crossover and win the ESF and go on to face the RB's in the EF is the fact that it would mean that the TWOCOLOURS would finish off the season with 3 consecutive games against the same team .Only in the CFL could ya see such a scenario as this... a possible back to back to back series for Ottawa against Winnipeg with the winner going on to represent the East in this years Grey Cup. Personally I honestly can't see any of the three (Ott , Ham , Wnp ) defeating the Stamps if they do indeed go to the Cup against them. On the other hand I can see either the Eskimos or Lions upsetting the Stamps in the West final.

Tate hasn't started a game all season and looked pretty rough in that game to say the least. With Mitchell starting I think it's close but the Stamps win by 4-7 points.

I still see Edmonton as the best bet to upset them in the west finals.

If the Stamps play that way again it will be a disappointing west final for Stamp fans. I was hoping Bo was going to start and provide some confidence and momentum by setting that record and heading in to a very long layoff with a win.

Instead they looked terrible behind Tate leaving a bad taste in their mouths and showing everyone they are beatable.
Rolling over for the last game seems to have backfired.

The score was relatively close so I wouldn't call that rolling over at all. The Stamps did the right thing IMHO resting Bo and not risking a dumb injury by an Als player looking to make a name for himself.

Yes, see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=102702

And that’s exactly what happened last season, Ottawa played the Ticats three games in a row and won all three.
Their last two games of the season against the Ticats and then played the Ticats again in the East final.