Who Do You People Want?

I am willing to coach this team. I played highschool football 25yrs ago so that must qualify me as a candidate. If I do get this job, I will be looking for as.coaches on this forum so get your resumes ready.
Now it’s just wait and see if caretaker will come and seek. I am ready for my interview.
Thank you
New head coach maybe

Thanks, Crash, for the update about the recent signing of Charlie Taaffe as an offensive assistant at University of Pittsburgh on an interim basis.

A thread started by ronfromtigertown on Aug 21/06 entitled "Here Is What Bob Said" quotes an entire post made by Bob Young on Aug 14/06 at 11:31 p.m. Here is a brief but important excerpt from Bob Young's post:

"The good news is that we have a great head start on fixing the failed gamble we made back in 2004. We have remarkably talented GMs and Coaches calling us."

As it is unlikely that employed GMs or coaches would have called the Ticats, it follows that the Ticat organization has compiled a list of well qualified GM and coaching candidates who are available now. There is no reason why the selection process cannot begin right away.

Jeena Elfman for head coach

Jeena Elfman for head coach

I think you hit the nail on the head or better kicked the football through the uprights.
In other words I agree.

Keep Leslie Stewart - the CHeerleaders have been the best at showing heart, committment & consisteency all seasson.

GM RIGHT NOW Mike McCarthy - Bring in for the Long-Term Marcel Desjardins (the current Assistant to Montreal GM, Jim Popp - whom Montreal would never let go of)
HC Charlie Taafe
Picks his own staff

Move Katz into the role Chris Dean had.

My suggestion of Desjrdins long-term for GM is because in talking to Mike McCarthy personally, he prefers to focus on finding talent,scouting games, going to tryouts, and camps. Desjardins & Taafe would bring the winning football culture from Montreal.

In other words basically fix it after the season.

Eric Tillman would have looked good here;and i;d love to see Matt Dunnigan as our OC.

Eric Tillman would have looked good here;and i;d love to see Matt Dunnigan as our OC.

I’m sorry to hear that Charlie was hired! I thought, at least we had a shot at him! Particularly if it had been done back when we lost our 4th game! Didn’t happen…can’t cry over spilled milk!

I really don’t have any fault with Katz performance so far…after all he was only doing what the coaching and scouting staff instructed him to sign!

Having said that…at this point in time I’d do this if I was Bob!

I’d move Katz to another position on the business side!

I’d make Mike McCarthey GM and let him continue the search for a coaching staff! I’ll not question one thing the guy does from here on till next year, if this is done!

I would hope the first thing the GM would do is trade Maas to whoever! Try to trade for D’mac and let him come back and mentor Eakin and Williams as he is doing in Calgary!

I’d sign Joe Montford ASAP! His fire and desire would help the team! Let him retire a Ticat! One other thing…anybody who thinks that Hitchcock and Morealle are too old and washed up…can go jump in the lake! They at least were warriors right to the end as usuall! :thup: :thup:

We need to get something going now to show our free-agents and our fans that we are serious about turning this around!

Yes, I’m renewing my 4 season’s tickets! :wink: Anything from this day on will be an improvement over what we have witnessed so far this year! Next year people will be disapointed when they can’t get their seats, when we are winning and the place is full! I have faith in the Ticats! :rockin:

I think maybe Joe Paopao should be signed as QB and show all those other guys how this offense works. When Joe wakes up after seeing stars he is going to figure out that he needs an O Line.

Build for next year. Lancaster has been around through more than one owner and from my viewpoint has totally lost control of the team and its players. He is never going to learn how to teach, and motivate players. The old style of "do as I say" just does not cut it in todays world.

The Raps comparison is a decent one. But the
Colangelo situation was a rare one, and the Raps had a heck of a lot more to offer than Mr. Young does. Bryan C was finished in Pheonix at the end of last year -for his entire career there, his dad owned the team so he was a GM with owner power. His dad recently sold the team and both Bryan and the new owners realized that a page had to be turned and a new chapter started. MSLE could offer this brilliant, ambitious young exec not only the Raps job but also a senior role in MLSE, one of the wealthiest sports entertainment businesses in the world.

Are the Ticat fans that are ripping up their tickets going to support a new GM, even a high profile guy, if all he does is come in and start planning for next year. I could be wrong but I sense that a lot of fans are looking to punish someone. The next guy’s almost better not to be stuck with even a whiff of the stink of this year.

Of course, if there really is a top 3 prospect out there looking to move, hire him and let him get started. But if not, don’t accept anything less just to be seen to be doing something.

bring it ralph wiggum for special teeams because he's special.

al bundy and his polk high offence.

sudsy back on the defence

sry didnt see the "right now"
In that case, bring in Dave Hack as Oline coach for starters.

Good challenge Crash...

We plainly need an OLine coach...of the immediate candidates, whats Carl Coulter doing? He, at least, got it done...maybe he could groom a new guy?

(And I don't think he is "footballemployed" at present?)

Same notes, Receiver/ST coach, Earl Winfield, don't believe he is football employed either. Maybe, in a fantasy coaching meeting, he could knock heads and bring home the concept that WR's are hired to produce, not just for looks, and that Brock Ralph is a natural, if he could be coached to run the right route on the correct timing, and hold on to the ball...

Joe Faraghelli comes to mind as a HC that turned around a medium performing RR team with a lot of talent in '89 and stolethe Grey Cup from us...

I'd agree with getting Sudsy back, but he's probably thoroughly retired by now, but "guesting" him would hardly hurt, excepting Kavis's personal feelings, that hardly matter at this point...

Katz retained at the top, no matter how you shuffle "titles", and McCarthy would be interesting as GM.

Okay, beat up on that...

The bottom line is that the Head Coach for next year will pick his assistants, so bringing in assistants (Dunigan, Coulter, Winfield) would mean that they will probably be fired at season's end as the new head coach will have no ties to them whatsoever.

just hire a new GM now. As for the coaching staff, we need experienced guys who know what steeltown is all about, no more soft, kind guys like paopao, marshall, reed. They need drill sergeants with an old-school military approach.

Joining a little late ... good challenge, indeed.

Okay, theoretically, I would say this challenge ENDS at picking the NEXT GM ... because after that ... it matters not, a grain of sand in Africa, what I say - it will all rest on the shoulders of the GM.

With any LUCK, said GM will actually have KNOWLEDGE of potential coaches. With any luck the NEXT GM will have tighter connections than I to the professional football NETWORK and will be better able to name a suitable candidate, or four.

So, THEORETICALLY - I would offer ROY SHIVERS the job. I know all the so-called 'arguments' against bringing him here ... but the FACT REMAINS, before wearing out his welcome in Saskatchewan, he produced some CONSISTENTLY COMPETITIVE Football squads. Say whatever about NOT WINNING a Grey Cup, ANYONE who followed the Green Riders know that a couple of the 7 seasons Sask was a LEGITIMATE contender for the GC. INCLUDING this season ...

Again, not that I would take a bullet for the guy, but I do believe there are worse people one could hire.

Peace.

P.S - Just to play the FANTASY game - I kind of like the idea of MAtt Dunnigan acting as both OC and HC. At the very least it would give him a few moore weeks to hone is craft. Who knows - he may even prove more than competent.

DC - perhaps as has been suggeted - 'Sudsy' or McPhee ...

In THEORY - it is POSSIBLE to "BLOW IT UP" ... but one must always be careful what hey WISH for.

I take your challenge Crash, regarding a Head Coach
who we can install THIS week before Labour Day.

A championship calibre coach just sitting around
doing nothing, waiting for a call from our beloved Ticats.

You may have to insert a certain forbidden word in the URL below.
Three guesses as to the word...the first 2 don't count.

click here

P.S.

I think Ron Lancaster lost a bet

and this exalted football mind has been pulling the strings
behind the scenes for the Tiger Cats for 4 years now.

We might as well put him out front and centre.

Head Coach Ron Lancasters:
Steel the TSN Panel
OC Matt Dungan
OL Chis Schultz
WR J. Climey
DC Same
ST Same.

GM Mike McCarthy(Interm)
Rob Katz (Front Office Somewhere)