Who do we protect?

When it comes to the ottawa draft? Porter and LefeVour. I hope to god if burris is still with us we would not protect him, would we?

I also wouldn’t want to protect a QB whose leading the league in virtually every category. :cowboy:

Burris is the only one of the three who is a lock to still be a Ticat by the time the dispersal draft rolls around.

In June 2014, Burris will turn 39. Calvillo is still playing well at 40, and Damon Allen played well up to 44.

Most importantly, I don't think the team will have a replacement for Burris ready by the start of 2014.

And who do you suggest will be the starter? Do you suggest bringing Glenn back? I remember all too well the years when we didn’t have a bona fide starter…anyone remember the pre-Danny McManus era? Do you want to go back to a time when our team was led by the likes of Richie Williams or future hall of famer Timmy Chang?

And your only seasoned QB.

LeFevour really?

Only played a few downs of preseason football?

funny topic i must say were worring about who we protect 2 yrs from now i believe it was only 2 weeks ago that ppl on the forums were blowing up the whole team

When is Ottawa getting a team (if ever)?

In response to the question, there’s an interesting post on the Ottawa board today. They are still planning for 2014, same time IWS2 is to be open. Looks like they have an important date with city council there tomorrow.

You’re right. We don’t even know who’ll still be on our roster by then.

So we lose our young QB and we are stuck with a 40 yr old QB and no one being groomed behind him. Real smart move.

No, we protect our first string QB (whoever that is at the time), and if Ottawa happens to pick one of our other QBs in the first round, we protect the other one in the second round. (I can’t remember offhand whether the rules would even allow Ottawa to pick two QBs from the same team.)

EDIT: I just checked, and the entry draft rules prevent Ottawa from taking more than one QB/punter/kicker from any one team. So no need to protect our second backup QB if Ottawa selects the other one in the first round.

No, we protect our first string QB (whoever that is at the time), and if Ottawa happens to pick one of our other QBs in the first round, we protect the other one in the second round. (I can’t remember offhand whether the rules would even allow Ottawa to pick two QBs from the same team.)

EDIT: I just checked, and the entry draft rules prevent Ottawa from taking more than one QB/punter/kicker from any one team. So no need to protect our second backup QB if Ottawa selects the other one in the first round.

EDIT #2: Never mind. Imports can only be selected in the first round; the other two rounds are limited to non-imports. As all of our QBs are imports, they’d only be able to draft one anyways. Bottom line, we’re guaranteed to keep at least two QBs, whichever one we protect (starter?) and at least one of the ones we are grooming.

It sounds like Ottawa city council doesn’t want a CFL team at all by this quote, am I mistaken? My dad was a HUGE O-R-R fan (Gabriel) so of course I had to go opposite and take the Cats (I was young, and their uniforms were cool).

Is there fan support for a team, or will it go the way of the renegades?