Who can down the Bombers?

Um, overconfidence maybe? Remember the 15-3 TiCats the last time?
(better winning percentage than this years Bombers)

Some kind of super robots with ray guns?

1 Like

like these

2 Likes

Not overconfident. Just looking at the facts. Tell me where they are weak? The players certainly are not overconfident as O’Shea ensures they don’t get a big head and look beyond the game they are playing. And the 15-3 Ticats aren’t in the same stratosphere as this years Bombers. They didn’t have a generational defence. They didn’t have the dominant lines and tried to rely on skill and we know how that worked out when the Bombers took them to their tool shed. In my opinion the team that dominates the lines almost always wins the football game.

1 Like

Bombers are excellent this year across the board. But generational defence? I think you are getting a little over the top. Offence is way down all across the league. Bomber defence would still be very good but not look as dominant in other years.

Now can anyone take them down? Not likely but we’ve seen the first place team get toppled time and again over the years. I’d think it would be more likely in the West final, as none of the eastern teams have played consistently well and I wouldn’t trust Masoli, Harris, or MacBeth to put together multiple playoff wins.

2 Likes

The Baltimore CFL Colts/Mustangs regularly beat this year's Winnipeg Blue Bombers in Strat-O-Matic simulations.

s-l1600

2 Likes

Anything could happen. One bad hit on Collaros and the Bombers have problems. I thought they'd go after an experienced QB before the trade deadline.

2 Likes

Yes, but that was cowtown, they choke a lot

2 Likes

Don’t disagree with most of what you said but remain of the opinion that their defence is generational. That is certainly open for debate as to the overall defence, but not really open for debate as far as a 4th quarter defence is concerned. And isn’t that the most important quarter for the defence to perform? Not counting last game or the upcoming game when both Winnipeg and Calgary are sure to be playing a boatload of subs, no team in CFL history has defended better in the 4th quarter. So I’m not seeing how generational is over the top when “best ever” is accurate for the 4th quarter.

lol.

I'd be careful tagging someone else with the choker label being as you are a Rider fan whose record last time I looked in the Grey Cup is 4 wins and 15 losses . :eyes: :grimacing:

Not that I'm one to talk being a Cats fan and our recent history at the Cup. :weary: :woozy_face:

1 Like

I would say none of the above this year.

The only issue is that 1st place in the west has not been close to a guarantee to be in the Grey Cup.

1 Like

yes we have chokes .... a lot... but so fun getting the goats of the very few but outspoken stampeder fans... I had no idea just how fantastic the red and white team has always been or how when they lose it is conspiracies against them or that all other teams win by luck and or collusion from refs... it was comical to a point with some of them but those few are on ignore status

1 Like

Only two teams have been in fewer Grey Cups, thus won their division, than Calgary. Stamps have 17, Ottawa 15 and B.C. 10. Yet on another thread in another team site some Stamp fan had a comment flagged when he referenced Calgary having the most sustained success in the history of the league. I think his handle was Mrs Tallion or Jack Knife or something.

1 Like

And don’t forget that on the rare occasion they win it all, unlike everyone else, they do it the ”right way”, by allegedly recruiting more “homegrown” (read American) talent than any other team. It says so on the Grey Cup.

1 Like

I think his handle was Mrs Tallion or Jack Knife or something.

Non binary?

1 Like

Well in todays world with all the parades going on I think both could be acceptable.

If Winnipeg wins the cup , they can have a "Santapridecup" parade, all inclusive.

It’s an interesting debate for sure. That dline is one of the best I’ve seen with Jeffcoat and Jefferson off the edge and guys like Zach Thomas and Richardson getting a push up the middle. Certainly helps the secondary with all the pressure but I’ve been impressed at how the new d- backs like Alford and Deatrick have stepped in. And of course Bighill anchoring the middle.

If Argos get in, you would have this going against you - as a Hamilton fan I have personally witnessed them win all three Eastern Grey Cups that they’ve been in (‘96, 2012, 2017) that I’ve attended. All as underdogs. Meanwhile I have went out west twice to watch the Ticats lose in person. Just one of those things where life flips you the middle finger. So if Argos are in, I seem to be their good luck charm and I do have a ticket for this year’s game. Now if Hamilton gets in against the Bombers, you can almost rest assured the Cup travels back to Manitoba.

2 Likes

You are certainly correct about the historical analysis. Perhaps it will be different this year and the rarely favoured Argos won’t get past the EF to win as underdogs in the Grey Cup. Winnipeg and Hamilton do seem to meet in the GC a lot. Anyway, this years teams are of course different than last years teams and the fun is in seeing how it will play out.

3 Likes

Of all the teams, I think Montreal. Don't know why I feel this but there you have it.

But I can't recall a playoff year with a team that is so far ahead of the others like Winnipeg is. It's truly exceptional. Maybe a combination of having a Grey Cup under their belt and the rest of the league having less continuity, mixed with the COVID situation and a lost season.

1 Like