Whitlock for Rookie?

HUGE, HUGE game by Whitlock. With 15 minutes still left to play, he has 166 yards and 2 TDs. This is his fourth 100-yard game of the season. He should finish with around 1,300 yards and a dozen TDs.

Anyone else think this kid should get the Rookie award?

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR IN THE ENTIRE CFL THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!

His only competition is Mallett, and I was just looking at the numbers, and Whitlock leads Mallett in total rushing yards, total rushing tds, 100-yard rushing games, and average yards/carry.

It should go to Whitlock hands down.

Man, what a huge turnaround this guy has made!

He's got my vote. Nothing against Mallett, but Whitlock is electric. He does more with the ball in that he doesn't need a gaping hole to be able to rip off a huge gain. He cuts real quick and just explodes with speed at the perfect time. When Mallett had that 200+ game earlier, he could have walked- that's how good his blocking was that night, and that one game accounted for 1/5 of his season's yardage.

I agree. Whitlock has definitely been more consistent over the last month or so. He's rushed for more than 70 yards in 8 of the last 9 games, and more importantly, he's had 3 100-yard games in his last 4 games.

Another stat that stands out for me is TDs. Whitlock has 12 to Mallett's 6. That's huge! Whitlock has proven to be more productive than Mallett.

I'll be honest, I had my doubts about this kid early on, but he's certainly made a believer out of me. One of the few bright spots this season. I hope he gets the award.