Whitehead quickly finds his comfort zone w/ the Lions

Through four games of his Lions career, he has demonstrated the ability to be sneaky and strike fast. These are the characteristics any offence would welcome when in need of a big play. For Lucky Whitehead, it’s not any different than some of his favourite wild animals. Ever since childhood, he has had a thing for snakes.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/09/09/whitehead-quickly-finds-comfort-zone-w-lions/

I am very surprised that the Winnipeg Blue Bombers failed to resign Lucky Whitehead. However the Bombers loss, is the Lions huge gain, if Lucky can stay healthy this 2021 season, he will get over 1K in receiving yards. :star_struck: :monkey:

2 Likes

I'm not surprised. We used him in wide variety of rolls trying (I guess) to figure out where he'd best fit in. At the beginning of the season he was a kick returner who made some appearances on offence catching passes out of the backfield and running sweeps. As 2019 progressed he got kinda beat up and we never really got to see him perform at a high level at his best position which turned out to be 'receiver'.
Had we started him in the slot or at wide reciever from the start he'd probably still be here. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

ya I thought he was the best signing of FA.

1 Like

When Grant is healthy, he's our Whitehead. KR and PR receiver, that must either be less money, or he still has term on his contract with the Blue

1 Like

I'm a big fan of this guy. He has hints of Earl Winfield type talent.

1 Like

Hope so. If Grant makes an impact later in the season I'll be all right with that. Our biggest impact player at the very end of 2019 was recently aquired Zach Collaros. Late to the party is sometimes a 'good thing' around here. :smiley: :+1: