Whitaker to play?

November 7
Roster
MTL ADD IMP Scott PAXSON (DL) Penn State
MTL ADD IMP Ben WELLS (DB) Stephen F. Austin State
MTL TRF TO INJURED NIP Eric DESLAURIERS (WR) Eastern Michigan - to Saturday , November 16
MTL TRF TO INJURED IMP Byron PARKER (CB) Tulane - to Saturday , November 16

Non-Active
MTL ADD IMP Roberto WALLACE (WR) San Diego State
MTL ADD IMP Tenarius WRIGHT (DE) Arkansas
MTL REM SGD IMP Scott PAXSON (DL) Penn State
MTL REM SGD IMP Ben WELLS (DB) Stephen F. Austin State

November 9
Roster
MTL ADD NIP Kyle GRAVES (WR) Acadia
MTL ADD FROM INJURED IMP Brandon WHITAKER (RB) Baylor
MTL EXT ON INJURED IMP Tyron CARRIER (WR) Houston - to Saturday , November 16
MTL EXT ON INJURED NIP Jamahl KNOWLES (DB) Calgary - to Saturday , November 16
MTL EXT ON INJURED NIP Brian RIDGEWAY (LB) Simon Fraser - to Saturday , November 16
MTL EXT ON INJURED NIP Bryn ROY (LB) Texas A&M Commerce - to Saturday , November 16
MTL TRF TO INJURED IMP Noel DEVINE (RB) West Virginia - to Saturday , November 16
MTL TRF TO INJURED IMP Anwar STEWART (DE) Kentucky - to Saturday , November 16

Non-Active
MTL REM SGD NIP Kyle GRAVES (WR) Acadia

Some interesting stuff going on here. Could be just so Whitaker makes his playoff money by being on the 46. Could be that he'll be playing some slotback for us ? One thing is for sure. We aren't going to find out till game time.

He hasn't played in weeks. If he had been taking first-team reps, we'd have heard about it already. I doubt he dresses. At most, he's a backup to Sutton and an ST body.

Would be pretty insane to dress him if he can't play just so he can pad his wallet. That would be very unfair to the rest of the team. I've very interested to see how this pans out.

I didn't mean that he wasn't healthy. I meant that he's been out of the lineup and not practicing for a long time; it would be ridiculous to suddenly make him the starting RB for a playoff game. So if he dresses, it won't be as a starter IMO.

So we would dress Sutton,Messam,Whitaker and 2 kickers... That would leave us pretty thin on defense and at the receiver position.

I didn't say it would happen (in fact, I don't think it will), but in the event that it does happen, it's not inconceivable to scratch Messam, since Brouillette is replacing Hebert at Will so we have the NI wiggle room...

I'm not saying you are , just thinking out loud... I have no idea what's up :smiley: