Whistle Blower

Well, it can't. The only thing that would be bad (and why the rule exists in the first place) would be to force people to attend these unofficial camps, because that might force players with a winter job to let their other employer in limbo.

As for injuries, during the winter, some Alouettes players participate in a basketball community program were they go play with kids in poorer areas and use that occasion to encourage those kids to set goals and stay in school. It may not be highly competitive, but I guess players could also get injured while doing that. It is not mandatory but its still promoted by the team.

Piggy sounds scared already. Its a free world pig, if players want
to get together and do some workouts, sorry to burst your bubble,
but its all good. Its got nothing to do with the the stamps organization.

New turf, new attitude, new outcome.

Deal with it!!

why is everyone after piggy about this..........all I did was post what was being reported.......I really dont care when players start working out together......what Brown is reporting is that the entire coaching staffs were present at these "player organized workouts".......putting them through 2 a days.......and coercing players into attending.......if that is the case, then that is wrong.........but whatever, no skin off my snout.......

........I'm not down on ya bud, good reporting, keep it up..........here's something else for Deepthroat: Howell and Brown were good buddies when Howell played for the Bombers, and, Calgary brings in four new receivers with NFL experience on the 5th and Howell's howling on the 8th, hmmmm..........what does it all mean?......

not only was it brown & howell but the cflpa rep was flemming............sounded more like a b1tching session then anything else........but I guess they feel the cflpa is being given the shaft by the league yet again by ignoring this........maybe the union will be talking strike next.........

It has nothing to do with the report. The fact is that you were making statments that were not true. Again why would they show these guys working out together on TV if it was something against the rules. To me they have nothing to hide. I think we are picking on you because you do not read other peoples posts.
Howell is crapping the bed because he has to earn a job. He see's his potential team mates working out and he feels left out so he complains. I guess Howell will probably have to work that much harder at camp or find some way to get into shape. Because of these accusations he may have earned an early exit at TC. With this accusation he is not hurting the team but showing to his potential team mates he is an A$$. Team players only please!

05..........I am not making this stuff up..........this is what is reported in Doug Browns column in the Free Press today.......I am only repeating what he has said........I dont give a crap what posters on here think is right or wrong......I am giving you the straight goods from Brown........not what I think or what people on here think.......so get off it......this is not my opinion........Brown is reporting this stuff........NOT PIGSEYE.........

OKay and sevral of us has seen the good on TV here and are telling you that the info by Brown is wrong. Have you heard of gossip Piggy? I am sure your intent was to inform everyone but the information provided is totally false. Just maybe you should phone up and tell Mr. Brown.

I apologize pig.

I'm sorry but i have to disagree with this. There are plenty of community places in Calgary that would be more than glad to let the Stampeders use as a conditioning area. For them to have to pay for it, just doesn't make sense. There has to be some kind of a hidden agreement here with the Stamps management. the stamps are known to throw money around, how do you think they got burris out of saskatchewan anyways, and i'm not talking just pure salary funds. i'm talking like a job for him and his wife in the offseason, cars for the both of them. was that included in Burris' contract? i don't think so. There has to be some kind of involvement by the Stamps. And you would think the stamps would have something to say in their players conditioning programs. Why would you want your 3 best players whom all have lucrative contracts, whom all probably have an injury clause in their contracts. and if it was soley for to get to know each other, then why are they doing it again this year? i can see why hamilton would be to get the players adjusted to maas, but burris already had a year with copeland and lewis

The league needs to step in here, and tell teams that in no way can they sanction or make hidden agreements for players to do any kind of hidden team workouts during the offseason . If the players want to do that, it is entirely up to them, and to do so at their own risk. If they want to get a head start, then they can report to TC early.

What the cartoons are over? Get real these guys get together in Texas as well during January. Players do these things to stay in condition. The Stamps have nothing to do with this practise and if they did why would they have this on TV for everyone to see. Come on now! I find you absoluely hilarious! Yes the sky is falling!

If they do that, then it is entirely up to them.

They've been training indoors. You know like throwing a ball around,
doing some stretching, running, etc.

New turf, new attitude, new outcome. Get use to it!!!

no coaches involved, oh sure we might accidently slip them a new
play or 10. LOL You big whiners, complain after the whipping your
teams deserve. Just remember this.......new turf, new attitude, new
outcome.

Another thing, players will come in early and work out with their personal trainers.

Two Lions showd up to my Grandsons football registration. While mingleling and signing autographs, they told the players that one quarter of the team were back in town back in April, working out, throwing the ball around and getting in shape. I'm sure every team have players that get together informally.

Poor Piggy was just the messenger....Where's Drummingod when you need him! :wink:

Well the whole point of the thread is that teams are paying for facilities for the players to practice in. Its a violation of the clfpa agreement, but it seems the CFL is doing what is always does..... bury its head in the sand... remember when the Eskimos used "taxi squads" on special teams?? They did it for yrs and yrs , it was against the rules, but they still did it... now it a given that every team has one, and is now a CFL fixture.... thats why the leauge needs to police this and make sure teams arent holding "free agent camps" like the one mentioned.

Well I doubt that this is done by the teams they would not show it on TV if this was done illegally! Get over it!

If it was then it was, all im saying is for the CFL brass to make sure everything is on the level

Sambo Howell is worried he is not going to have a job and he can see that several players have been working out. So he mouths off that this is happening but the problem is that it is the players working on their conditioning. Just maybe if he was smart he would go and work out with is new team mates. Just maybe the writing is on the wall for him.