Which team HAD the best Canadians players?

since it's pointless to debate starters at different spots.

lets discuss Canadian talent, period.

I rank in my opinion which teams had the best Canadian talent from 1 to 8

1. Saskatchewan
  2. Calgary
  3. Montreal
  4. Hamilton
  5. B.C.
  6. Winnipeg
  7. Toronto
  8. Edmonton

ottawa.

starting with Russ Jackson.

i'm talking in 2010.. not ever.

How is this different from your comments in the other Canadian starters thread? What does it mean to have the 'best Canadian talent'? Do you mean the team that has the best player at his position league-wide? The team with the most Canadian starters? Or is this just an excuse to fete your team for starting mostly Canadian receivers?

Honestly, you should just come out and say that the team with the 'best Canadians players' (sic) is the team that starts the most Canadian receivers. Clearly, that is your opinion and you're sticking to it. Just don't p*ss in my ear and tell me it's raining.

uh no! cause that's not what I'm doing..

I'm saying what team has the best Canadian Talent! it's pretty clear and up front.. no hidden meanings here.

quit digging a hole.

LOL. It's not clear at all. Every time I ask you to define what you mean by 'best Canadian talent,' you fail to offer a reply.

So I'll ask you again: how do we judge which team has the best Canadian talent? What are the criteria? Do you go position by position? Do you privilege certain positions over others? Or is it just about how many Canadian starters each team has?

no, you base it on every player they have.

you look at all positions. you compare it like player by player.. and if that teams ratio of Canadians are better over all then another teams.. then.. well.

Okay it's the offseason, so the moratorium is over, I can do this now. . . it's THAN not "then." I'll let someone else slag you over the lack of appropriate apostrophes ! :smiley:

Seriously now. . . i'm still not clear on the criteria. Let's say, just for argument, that each team is required to dress only 3 Canadian starters. Say that team A has three really super Canadian offensive linemen, far superior to any Canadian offensive linemen on any of the other teams. And let's say that team B has three terrific Canadian receivers, far superior to any other Canadian receivers elsewhere in the league.

Which team, A or B, would then qualify as having the "best" Canadian players ??

I don't see how it's so complicated.

you compare the canadians ..

for example,

Look at B.C. Canadian o-Lineman vs Montreal's Canadian O-Lineman.

then B.C.s receivers vs Montreals receivers.

DB's.. Linebackers, D-Lineman, kickers.. RB's.

who's better?

Again. . . let's narrow it down to two teams; A has better Canadian offensive linemen, B has better Canadian receivers; let's say they are even at all other positions; so which of A and B have the 'best Canadian players"? There's no way to answer that.

This thread is the exact same as the other one with the exact same response. Its comparing apples to oranges trying to compare recievers to olinemen etc. Obviously as a fan you are going to see recievers as more of a prestigeous position than an olinemen. However, ask any coach and they will tell you a strong offensive line is key to success on offense. Its impossible to compare all positions and come out with who has the best Canadian players.

...okay yeah sure, that makes sense and all, but who had the best?...

I have agree that sask has the best Canadian talent by position. I noticed the signed some more lineman. I feel Calgary would have better Canadian talent if the ere able to draft higher. In the last 20 yearsish they gave the most western first place finishes. I guess in a way sask can thank barret for being a crappy coach and getting them high draft picks. I thought the stamps trade for a pick for Newman was good since they had to give up a pick to get forzanni. I am not as happy with that suplimental pick as I was at the beginning. But at least we get a first rounder now cause of the Newman trade. Much like the flames and the sutters I think the forzani thing was a family thing. If memory serves the huff is his god parent. Montreal is good a picking up Canadian free agents for sure. Seems Like Winnipeg just wants to trade away Canadian content and draft picks. I feel toronto got the better end of the trade for the first round pick this year. Some of my fav Canadian players this year were cornish, Bertrand, Koch,
maver... I hope Calgary does a better job in the comming years of drafting/using canadians. Especially more Alberta talent like they dis with Bret Ralph. It's a lot better since cortez left. He was notorious for just wanting to hide canadians in non Esential roles(whatever that is in football). If cortez was still in cowtown Cornish would not face got signifinant playing time. Sorry I was talking most about stamps. Hard to follow all teams

I think you can say this team has better Canadians than that team.

i don't see how you guys cannot grasp this, seriously?

:|

.....Not anymore my friend....you won't pry any draft pics off of Mack...those days are over...As for trades...you better have a quality player(s) that'll benefit both teams or forget it, if you're dealing with the Peg.......You might want to try sask. nowadays....you know the team with all of that Canadian talent and see who's holding the reins there...Taman was the guy who put Wpg. in a deficit as far as NI'S go...So if you're a rider fan ,you better keep a close eye on the ol trademaster Taman...He might be going over that great sask. talent as we speak, seeing who he can deal away :lol:

Well I don’t see how you cannot answer this simple question:

You are failing to provide any sort of measuring tool to determine who has the best Canadian talent, and is based solely on a personal bias IMO. Calgary had a very good Canadian running back, something that, for arguments sake, both Saskatchewan and Montreal were lacking. Cornish played a key role in their success. Montreal had a far better offensive line this past season than Saskatchewan, and their line was made up of primarily Canadians. Saskatchewan had 3 starting Canadian olinemen (I beleive), and they crapped the bed at times this season. Saskatchewan had very good Canadian recievers this season in Getzlaf (over 900 yards), Bagg, and Fantuz (Most outstanding Canadian and leader in recieving yards). Hamilton had some good Canadian talent as well at reciever and other positions. How are you measuring this?
Like I pointed out, you cannot say Saskatchewan has better Canadian talent, because, although their Canadian recievers were tops, Montreal had a far better oline than Saskatchewan this season. Calgary had a better Canadian running back than Sask. and Montreal.
Provide some sort of criteria of measurement, or your topic makes absolutely no sense.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Montreal had a far better offensive line this past season than Saskatchewan, and their line was made up of primarily Canadians.
Actually, our starting O-line is [i]all[/i]-Canadian. Bourke, Woodruff, Brodeur-Jourdain (or Lambert before his season-ending injury), Flory, and Perrett are all Canadians.
Saskatchewan had 3 starting Canadian olinemen (I beleive), and they crapped the bed at times this season. Saskatchewan had very good Canadian recievers this season in Getzlaf (over 900 yards), Bagg, and Fantuz (Most outstanding Canadian and leader in recieving yards). Hamilton had some good Canadian talent as well at reciever and other positions. How are you measuring this? Like I pointed out, you cannot say Saskatchewan has better Canadian talent, because, although their Canadian recievers were tops, Montreal had a far better oline than Saskatchewan this season. Calgary had a better Canadian running back than Sask. and Montreal. Provide some sort of criteria of measurement, or your topic makes absolutely no sense.
Exactly. I could argue that we relied on our Canadian starting MLB (Shea Emry) to power our league-best run defense. Until and unless the OP defines his criteria for assessing each team's Canadian talent, this thread remains nonsensical.

You've got Winnipeg ahead of Toronto in Canadian talent? Other than Doug Brown, who are the stand-out Canadians for the Bombers?

Seems very straight forward to me the question. Which team on the whole have the best collection of Canadian talent. Why is that so difficult with that? Will bias be part of peoples answer. Yes?

Ok, to make you happy, who is the best Canadian receiver that is between 6' and 6'4", left handed, born in a barn within 100 yards of a sour gas well?