Which League Has the Better Quarterbacks? AFL or CFL?

If you can play QB in the CFL, you can play anywhere

really?

Why didnt DD make it in the NFL

DD didn’t make it? You can’t say he was given a fair shot with, 0 passes, 0 handoffs, and 0 minutes of playing time, on 4 NFL teams over two seasons. In training camp and preseason he graded-out better than Drew Brees and Doug Flutie while with the Chargers. In preseason, he led SD on a game-winning final drive, facing a ferocious blitz with a man right in his face, he threw a TD pass with only seconds to go for the victory in the Chargers final preseason game.

And Ricky Ray had such a wonderful opportunity with the Jets…something like 0 passes, 0 handoffs, 0 mins. of playing time. Man, he really blew it down there! Can’t play. And Burris, started one game for Chicago and sucked eggs, but he’s a bit of a loser in the CFL also.

Moon, Theismann, Garcia, Flutie have shown that if you’re a superstar in the CFL, the NFL seems easy in comparison, with their great O-line protection and four downs. Even Kerwin Bell dominated in his one quarter of action with Indianapolis, this is after he played for years in the CFL. He went 8 of 9 in the quarter and led his team in for the touchdown. He couldn’t miss…(until they drafted this Manning guy…?)

I could go on and on. You can’t tell me that Flutie wasn’t a better player when he left the CFL than when he arrived, after 5 seasons in the NFL and playing in 20-some games.

If given a real opportunity with a first-string O-line and receivers, most of the CFL starters could become competant QB’s in the NFL. But the reverse is not true. I’m convinced that many NFL starters would not be effective in the CFL. They are simply too slow-footed to avoid the rush and we don’t have the extra down so they can “waste” throws.