which coach has to go...

Stay the course. Dont panic. Trust what has been put in place.

J Bradley Edm. 4 Tackles 1 INT
C Thompson Edm. 1 Fumble Recovery
D Anderson Mtl. 6 Tackles
T Kornegay Sask. 2 Tackles
G Tisdale 2 Tackles 1 INT

All starters all ex Cats all DB's which we got nothing for in kind. The only person I see that needs to go is Bob O'Bilivich!

Thompson was traded for Mann. Whether you like the deal or not, that’s not nothing.

smokeystoveragain, when fans are calling for coaches to be fired after 2 games

the entire lot of them could correctly called an ignorant, howling mob

They are just “blowing smoke” [pun intended]

It’s hard to think logically when one allows free reign to one’s emotions.

ignorant/url] 2. Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness
about something in particular: “ignorant of astronomy”. More »

Dictionary.com - Answers.com - Merriam-Webster - The Free Dictionary

Howl. … A loud derisive call: the howls of an angry mob.

the Online Dictionary.

I fail to see the logic of pinning last year’s play off loses

on KHARI JONES Offensive Coordinator

COREY CHAMBLIN Defensive Coordinator / Defensive Backs Coach

DOUG MALONE Offensive Line Coach

RICK WORMAN Running Backs Coach

JOHN KROPKE Defensive Line Coach

SCOTT FAWCETT Special Teams Assistant

VINCE LUCIANI Offensive Assistant

DWAYNE CAMERON Defensive Assistant

P.S.

Ron, I’m disappointed in you. I thought you were above such remarks.

Let's relax, we beat the green team that'll be a positive step in the right direction.

The reason the Cats are 0-2 is below;

KHARI JONES Offensive Coordinator

COREY CHAMBLIN Defensive Coordinator / Defensive Backs Coach

DOUG MALONE Offensive Line Coach

RICK WORMAN Running Backs Coach

JOHN KROPKE Defensive Line Coach

SCOTT FAWCETT Special Teams Assistant

VINCE LUCIANI Offensive Assistant

DWAYNE CAMERON Defensive Assistant

Too many changes !!!

Obie never had Kornegay, it was Desjardins that traded him.
Tisdale and Anderson left as free agents, there’s nothing you can do if they’re asking for too much money.
Thompson was traded for a pretty good receiver in Mo Mann.
Bradley sucks, I could have intercepted that pass. Not to mention he has a history of injuries.

The funny thing about Obilovich is he came on the job saying he knew how to manage a ratio ! LOL ! four years later the team is playing two imports on the oline, has no fullback, an import kicker while a promising NI safety is sitting on the bench being paid probably anxious for his contract to end so he can jet out of there. Giguere is in the States and appears to have no intention of stepping foot in the Hammer. Carlson was a wasted pick that resulted in Maver going to Calgary. Mcarthy is enjoying success in Montreal, Most of the young imports on the team have been brought in by Womack…

Ratio management my …

Ockham, if anyone of the people who advocated firing coaches can show me

a past situation when a coach on a CFL staff has been fired after 2 games,

then, I will apologize and they can call me ignorant in the sense I called them ignorant.

It just isn’t done because it just creates chaos

the meaning of ignorant

"lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular

like how well each football coach did in his job on a day when his team lost.

Discuss the performance of the coaches, especially KHARI JONES Offensive Coordinator

and all the new ones, COREY CHAMBLIN Defensive Coordinator / Defensive Backs Coach

DOUG MALONE Offensive Line Coach, RICK WORMAN Running Backs Coach

SCOTT FAWCETT Special Teams Assistant,VINCE LUCIANI Offensive Assistant

and DWAYNE CAMERON Defensive Assistant if you want to do that

but advocating firing any coach after 2 games is ludicrous in my opinion.

Fire the coach, fire the O/C,fire Obie, yeesh I even saw fire Bob Young!!
Breathe deeply everyone, now exhale.
We have a winnable game next week at home against Sask.
Avon will get 17 carries for 100+ yrds.
Lets just hope we play well in that game and we are on our way.

And Glenn will throw for over 350 yards for the win.

The problem I have with certain outlooks on the game is that fans start to think that a particular style is somehow the magic bullet solution to all problems.

I've heard a lot of criticism of Marshall's bend-but-don't-break defense, and (prior to the season) a lot of praise for Chamblin's aggressive defense. But ultimately, it's not the style that matters so much as how the players execute and whether you can consistently disguise what you're doing pre-snap. Rich Stubler ran a bend-but-don't-break defense for years in Toronto and it was fearsome, because the players bought in and he had the right personnel plugged into the right holes to do exactly what he wanted on a given play.

Yesterday, Chamblin frequently had 7-8 men on the LOS and blitzed the crap out of Edmonton, but the blitz was largely ineffective because the intent was transparent. A seasoned veteran like Ricky Ray isn't going to be intimidated just because you line up 7 men on the blitz; if you don't disguise what you're doing and vary the blitz packages, he'll simply find his hot read and pick you apart, which is exactly what happened.

This sounds like I'm down on Chamblin, and I'm not. He's obviously a talented young football mind and I'm sure he'll settle into his role. Over in Montreal, we're going through the same adjustment with a young first-time DC in Tim Tibesar. But last night's game should be fairly convincing proof that aggression, in and of itself, isn't a panacea for what ails you. Football is still about execution.

I’m glad some people arn’t going over board

its 2 games! the offense will get it going, look at the players we have on offense, its nearly impossible for them to not produce.

Nobody is getting fired after 2 games and whats with all the Obie hate, everyone loves him in the off-season but then we lose 2 games and you wanna fire the guy?

AB3 and KG and the rest of the offense which is practically the same from last year except Avon,SImmons and whatever wide receiver we put in (Kelly, Williams), didn’t forget how to play, let Khari figure things out and they will be firing on all cylinders.

its 2 games…everybody relax, now if we are 0-5 or 0-6 and we are playing the same way in 3 or 4 weeks, then we can hit the panic button, but we are 0-2

story to make people feel better, 1986, we started 1-5…I think everyone knows (or should know) how that season ended and yes we started 0-2 thats season as well

GO CATS

^^^ Yes. What 2EZ4ThaCats said. :thup:

Coaches have been fired early in a season before so your excuse holds no water. If Obie cans Marcel tomorrow will you call him ‘ignorant’ too?

Marcel isn’t two games into his tenure here.

Just because you disagree with their opinions doesn’t mean they are ignorant. There are people on this forum I expect such a remark from - you weren’t one of them. Perhaps you should re-read your bottom line quote.

Now my curiosity has been piqued. Can anyone recall a coach or coordinator being fired two games into a season?

This I believe is the key point. When I coached I didn’t bring my personal philosophy to a team; I surveyed what kind of and level of talent I had and then designed a system. It could be that Marshall employed a ‘bend don’t break’ system here because we didn’t have the talent to play man-man. Gibson’s vanilla may not have been his taste but a reflection of Glenn’s inability to throw a deep ball and Porter’s inablity to make a second read.

That being said, I’ll put our front seven up against anyone’s. Unfortunately, every year we are rebuilding our Secondary, usually with cast-offs and guys who didn’t play anywhere last year.

I still think something’s wrong with Glenn. He doesn’t look like the guy who lit it up last year. Why C.Williams hasn’t returned a kick yet is beyond me. Why Thiggy isn’t a regular threat on Offence is too.

We are only two games into a long schedule. Not one team has secured a play-off birth yet. There does not appear to be a successor so speculating as to Marcel’s fate is frivolous at this point. However, if this season does turn into a disaster he won’t be around to see IWS2 from the TiCats bench.

Logically, whether it has or hasn’t happened doesn’t equate the proponent being ignorant.

Yes, and by the Tiger-Cats: George Dickson in 1976.