Which CFL teams sell out??....

about 7500 a game. it is the CHL. there was an article about it in the paper the other day. I will try to find a link for ya. They took in 17500 for their final regular season game not too long ago. suprisingly, the hornets have not effected their attendance. it has actually gone up since last year.

here is the link.

http://newsok.com/article/1802688/

the attendance is actually 8500 a game.

Saskatchewan at Edmonton drew around 52,000 last year.

games that were sold-out ( or close )last year ( not counting all montreals sell-outs at molson stadium ):

Sask vs calgary ( burris-bowl ) ( 29K ) sold-out
Sask vs winnipeg labourday (29K ) sold-out
Winnipeg vs Sask ( banjoBowl ) (29.6K) sold-out
Hamilton vs toronto labourday ( 29.6K ) sold-out
Calgary vs edmonton labourday (35.6K) sold-out
Calgary vs Sask (first meeting on the season ) (35.6K )sold-out
Toronto vs montreal in playoffs ( 44K ) sold-out
Montreal vs toronto at the Big O ( 51K )...not really a sellout but c'mon it was a bigger crowd then norm.
Edmonton vs BC ( BC's first loss ) (48.6K )...again, not really a sellout, but a huge crowd.
Edmonton vs sask ( 53K ) close to a sell-out
GreyCup montreal vs edmonton@BC Place ( 60K ) sold-out

See Ro he said nothing about cow chip throwin hey I did that in Texas was lots of fun tubs of beer and chilly that will kill you! HMMM chilly and beer!

chilly??? it is spelled chili.

I didnt say anythig about cow chip throwing either!
I said cow tipping

do you got a link, cuz i havent heard about that. I knew that they were thinking about it, mainly because it would be financial suicide to move back to NO. They sell out almost every game here.

Also, Oklahoma city leads cities in North America in attendance in minor league hockey games. Our team, the blazers, have a very solid fan base.

I just skimmed over the story quickly. The story actually stated that the Hornet’s owner was going to sell 49% of the team to an Oklahoma City based group making it highly less likely the team will return to New Orleans. I found the story on arenadigest.com.

Ha you cow chp thrower Ro! Chilly beer and chilly chili! ha ha ha Okie tie your shoe laces to a tree you will blow away!

red........:slight_smile:

speaking of cows..........

Ole is a farmer in Wisconsin. He is in need of a new milk cow ...
... and hears about a nice one for sale over in Minnesota. He drives to Minnesota, looks at the cow, reaches under to see if she gives milk. When he grabs the teat and pulls, the cow farts. Ole is very surprised, looks at the farmer who is selling the cow, then reaches under the cow to try again. He grabs another teat, pulls, and the cow farts again.

Milk does come out, however, so after some discussion, Ole decides to buy the cow and take it home. He calls over his neighbor, Sven, and says, "Hey Sven, come and look at dis here new cow I yust bought. Pull her teat, and see vat happens."

Sven reaches under, pulls the teat, and the cow farts. Sven looks at Ole and says, "You bought dis cow in Minnesota, yah?"

Ole is very surprised and says, "Yah, dats right. But how did you know?"

Sven says, "My vife is from Minnesota."

Are you sure that cow was not from Oklahoma!

really? that has to be an april fools joke.

You guys then should try and land the Ducks of the NHL, leave the honest alone

I just don’t see it happening, NO has a bigger base than OC, and with the Sanits leaving for San Antonio or Sheveport, there will be more fans to support the team in NO.

kinda, they are juroir or semi-pro leagues, I wouldn’t go so far as to call the CHL a major or pro league.

They are junior majors. The best juniors. I would liken the Oklahoma Blazers to a team like the Nepean Raiders or the Pembroke Lumber Kings of the CJHL. Junior A’s…

why wouldnt it happen?? last year when they were in NO, they were last in attendance in the leauge. This year, they are in the top 10. And if you take away the game that had 5k people when they played in baton rouge and the game that they played in norman which had like 7k than the attendance would be top 5. And the norman game only sold that many cuz they moved that game from baton rouge about a week before the game. Shinn, the owner, is actually making a profit in okc. In NO, he was not making money, he was losing it.

And the saints have a waaayyyyyy stronger fanbase than the hornets in NO. The saints have been in NO for 40 years, and the hornets only 5. They couldnt bring 18k to a bbal game, but they could bring 50k to a football game. with that said, the chances of the hornets leaving are alot stronger than the chances of the saints leaving.

Sure!
Take away all the games with lousy attendance and all you have left is good attendance! :roll:

Don’t doubt they have a solid fanbase, but according to the numbers I found they’re second in attendance.

http://www.mib.org/~lennier/hockey/att.cgi

The reason i took them away was because they were not in oklahoma city. in case you didnt know, baton rouge is in louisiana. There poor showing shouldnt count against the average attendance of the hornets when they play in okc. And the reason the norman game didnt sell out was cuz they only had 1 week to sell tickets. and all the games?? there are only 2. you make it sound like there is alot.

Atlanta was last in the league actually, and that’s cuz the Hawks haven’t been a good team in a while.

you would think that after trying for years to get the NBA back, NO would be doing everything to keep them there. Oh well, the aren’t moving in my NBA game! the saints however, are going to Shreveport in my Madden.

bottom line: don’t care, honest have been going nuts since they left Charlotte.

“Chilly”, cold? Or “chili” the food? I like my beer “chilly”…but I like my “chili”…well, er, chili…

That’s funny. The “Jules Verne” league attracts 7500 per. We up here think our shit doesn’t stink, okie. We’d attract a few hundred for a game like that. 7500 is mighty impressive. Same for the East Coast League and while we’re at it the UHL. Proves the point that america boasts the best sports fans on the planet earth. Good for you, Okie! Ever go to the games?