Which CFL team do you support first?

I don’t think there is any love between the stamps and the riders fan bases.
I have respect t for the team as they usually play hard and good each and every year… Years ago the fans for some reason just hated each other. Thankfully that too has abated

3 Likes

:bclions: BC Lions. I had my first season ticket in 1959 as a 6 yo . Woodwards Quarterback Club. North end zone of Empire Stadium. (cheap babysitting and I had 2 older brothers). Wonderful summer nights but not so good when it rained. Allways wondered why the people in the south endzone got free ponchos and we didn’t. My all time favorite player. Bill Munsey, obviously, the hero of the 1964 Grey Cup Game. The first time we won it. Some day he will be on the Ring of Honor. BTW, Mosca was not the most booed person at a Lions game. That would be Paul Dojack. All in good fun though

2 Likes

Pour ma part j’ai trouvé que celle de 2023 était une pièce d’anthologie et celle qui m’a le plus renversé est celle de 2009, mais je comprends que nous ne partagerez pas cet avis.

The 2009 Grey Cup game never happened - LOL.

1 Like

Donc, les Alouettes en ont gagné 2 en 2010, soit celles après celle de 2008. :wink:

1 Like

Another update following today’s firing.

Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
Ottawa
Toronto
Montreal
BC
Hamilton
Calgary

1 Like

since we are listing them all :slight_smile:

bc
tor/ham/ott
sask
wpg
ed
cal
mont

So basically it is " Eskimos for ever" but only if on bright sunny day off of work with no wind no snow no rain and a lollipop too🤭

Hey at least he has Saskabush in 2nd place . :grinning:

Okay so since everybody else is listing from 1 to 9 , here I go with my list …

#1…Hamilton
#2…B.C.
#3 through #6 (pick a name out of a hat (Wnp,Calg,Edm ,Sask)
#7…Montreal
#8…Ottawa
#9…Toronto

1 Like

As I explained earlier, I hate Chris Jones.

2 Likes

Add everyone is Sask to your list too. We do not like the man either

1 Like

Calgary
Winnipeg
Hamilton
Ottawa
BC
Montreal
Toronto
Edmonton
Saskatchewan

2 Likes

I’d like to answer this in reverse order with an explanation for each.

#9 Edmonton: I was so sick of hearing them boast about being “The City of Champions” for so long that now if they never win anything ever again I’ll be quite pleased.

#8 Montreal: Pretty much the same reason as Edmonton although more so because of the Habs in their hay days, not so much the “A’s” but they get painted with the same brush.

#7 Toronto: The Center of the Known Universe. Need I say more? No. But, I am a Jays fan even though if push came to shove I’ll be rooting for The Mariners.

#6 Hamilton: Just tradition with this pick. I am a Lions fan after all.

#5 Calgary: Why not. I did have a lot of fun at a game there. I liked McMahon. A very fan friendly atmosphere. We could drink a beer outside! Try doing that in Vancouver.

#4 Regina: Can’t blame those fans, what else do they have to do after watching the dog run away. You sure can turn on your team though. Nice place to watch a game. Just don’t get on the wrong side of a slow moving train on your way there.

#3 Winnipeg: Yes. even though they have won enough, even going back to the Bud Grant days you have to feel for them. They do live in Winnipeg. Freezing cold or stifling hot. Nice stadium and friendly people. The best experience for buying a ticket I’ve ever had.

#8 Ottawa: No real reason. I was just simply so pleased when the Red Blacks came into the league that I always wanted to support them. I even bought a team T shirt before they ever played a game just to pass alone the $15 to them. I still have it and it’s still in very good shape.

#9 Vancouver: From the mountains to the sea, they are the pride of all BC.

#10 The entire CFL. May it live long and prosper. (hint hint Maritimes).

4 Likes

Good on you, DB: I don’t hate any team either.

1: Saskatchewan
2: Hamilton

Love the atmosphere and passion of the fans in both places :grinning:. I love the entire league. Only pro team I couldn’t stand was Fred Shero’s Flyers.

2 Likes

Well said. Argos plus all the other teams known as the CFL!

1 Like

Riders first. Second? Any team NOT NAMED Elks, or Stamps.

2 Likes

who would have known? :joy:

Well…I remember that…and it still ruffles my greying “feathers”…thus I still despise the stamps. And, another reason: when the Riders were on the brink of insolvency, doing telethons and such, just to survive, they would try to sign players, in order to stay competitive. The dorksticks in Calgary would routinely offer the would-be Rider player an extra $20K to forget the Riders…and that was even if they did not need a player at that position. Nothing but disdain for them!!!

1 Like

That said, the only pro team I couldn’t stand at the time was Marc Crawford’s Canucks.