Which CFL records could live forever?

Lewis Ward consecutive field goals

1 Like

Highest Field Goal Accuracy, season (minimum 30 attempts)

Can you imagine what this game must have been like?
Most Kickoff Returns, one game Most Kickoff Returns, one game

It could have been as low as 7 to what ever

does nobody see the error in his english?

he said that Reed came close to Pringle .. in 100yd games.

he wrote it as though Reed played after Pringle did?

this is clearly written improperly and grammatically incorrect.

I would love that! scrap the pre-season play 20 games.

We rarely see the starters in pre-season games anyway and when they are out there the other team likely has back ups.
Pre-season is a try-out for new players, let teams pick their starting players from their own scrimmages. I know some people will say that we need to see rookies in an actual game but then they put the rookies and new players on the field and they are going against the other teams backups. Always thought the pre-season was a waste of time.
The NFL didn’t have pre-season games this past season and I didn’t see much in the way of mistakes or players not knowing where they were.

Joe Zuger 8 passing TD's in his first start as a QB on October 15, 1962. Hamilton 67, Regina 21

1 Like

Warren Moon won 5 consecutive Grey Cups as a quarterback (that’s unbreakable) and made us all sick here in Winnipeg. Come to think of it, everything sports-wise in Edmonton made us sick here in the '80’s. I think EVERY Canadian cheered for Moon when he played in the NFL though. Beating Buffalo and advancing to the S.B. would’ve been the icing on his career. He deserved a victory that day.

and also his ca

it should b

Yup , I mentioned that one earlier . A pretty much sure fire 100% guarantee of never being broken in either CFL or NFL . :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :dvd: :trophy:

1 Like

No record is unbreakable

Moon was fantastic but Wilkie did start and win the 78 cup and they were in full Platoon mode for the 79 season I believe Wilkie started the GC that year as well and Moon came on in relief .

1979 Wilkie was still the all star in front of Moon .

The next three were more Moon but in 81 it was Wilkies turn to come in for relief in the GC .

Moon was still a huge star but in his initial career he was behind Tom Wilkinson .

It’s worth noting that Rickey Foggie threw seven TD passes in a game in 1990, and the Argos had the ball deep in Hamilton territory late but elected to run out the clock with a big lead. The way Foggie was going that day (he also ran for more than 100 yards in addition to throwing seven TD passes), he might well have tied the record had he been allowed to pass at the end. With the increased emphasis on passing in the NFL, I would not be surprised to see eight TD passes in a game down there at some point. I never would have believed we’d see NFL QBs pass for 50 TDs in a season but it has now been done three times.

except for disco records at comisky park

And a fun time was had by all… :partying_face:

Oh we were all concentrating on the field but bobo82 just gave me an idea for a record unlikely to ever fall

69,093 watching home team Als lose to Argos on Sep 6 1977
Not even playoffs its a regular season game

Hello,

It a tough call. There are too many to single out on what might be possibly broken. Most of these records will stand for quite some time.

25 years of playing football along with his point total. I don't see Lui Passaglia's record being broken.

Edmonton's 5 Grey Cup rings in a row. That's a tough one to break.

69,093 watching a game at the Big O in Montreal. I don't see that being broken.

If I had to pick one. I'd go with Matt Dunigan's 713 passing yards in a game. It will still be a while before it happens. Being a pass happy league, I'll go with that one.

2 Likes

That event killed off the Bee Gees career. It was told in the Bee Gees documentary, “How Can You Mend A Broken Heart”

They were a talented group. Barry was a great song writer, Maurice was an underrated bass player. I thought they brought in session players to play on their tracks. They played on their music legitimately

I regret having never have gone seeing them when they appeared at my place of work

Who cares but yourself? BTW he should be capitalized, no question mark after that line and this should also be capitalized.
Hope we don’t see him for another two years.

1 Like