Which Alouette is on the left?

Hi Al's fans. I was wondering if you could tell me which Alouette is on the left? My wife and I ran into Ben and this other player at last years Grey Cup. He looks familiar but I can't put a name to the face. They were quite surprised that Rider fans would want their picture :wink:!

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/150809_462516081085_620936085_6306872_8022512_n.jpg

#41 - Shea Emry

well done!!

Wow....I thought he meant on the right
Could be any one of our running backs

:P :wink: :P

Wow! Senior, you really have no faith in either one of the running backs in camp? I admit I am disappointed about losing Cobourne, and a little preoccupied with his possible replacements. But, I don't think it is a disaster.

People keep talking about that one block Whitaker missed last year, and how AC got injured on that one play. I remember that in the first half of last season (before adjustments were made to the offensive line), Calvillo got sacked many times ( believe over 20 times in the first 9 games). Cobourne was on the field for many of those sacks. Calvillo could have been injured on any one of those many sacks.

When changes in technique and personnel were made on the offensive line about halfway through the season, the number of sacks went way down. I think with the offensive line we now have in place, if Whitaker turns out to be an adequate blocker (not as good as Avon, but still decent), things will be fine.

I like cynical humour, so I find your joke is actually funny though!

Excellente observation! Mais il demeure que Whitaker a choisi de bloquer le mauvais joueur sur ce jeu. Remarquez que s'il ne tentait pas de bloquer le joueur qui venait sur l'avant-gauche de Calvillo, c'est ce dernier qui l'aurait plaqué au lieu de Willis. Est-ce que Calvillo aurait été blessé? Nous ne le saurons jamais.

Exactement, on saura jamais. C etait l annee passe, une erreur qui malheusement, Cavillo etait blesse.
D apres moi, je pense que Whitaker sear capable de faire le job. Et avec plus de temps et matches, il sera meilleur comme bloquer.

It was meant as a joke...obviously

Still....and I repeat myself
Ours is a 2-time GC winning team
Filling essential roles with players
rejected and maligned on teams we beat out to become Champs
Or "washed up" NFL'ers who can't even get past the first week of training camp
Seems an implausible method to continue our Championship aspirations...
assuming that's what this is even about any more.

As to Whitaker...he's been as wildly inconsistent as someone who justifiably exists in CFL obscurity as a backup should necessarily be

So while I hope and pray that someone steps up and fills the void left by a running back no sane team would ever let go
You see the Alouettes scrambling even less this year to fill this void than they did last year with the departure of Larry Taylor....or Brian Chiu...and we all saw the results of that lackadaisical approach.

Frankly...as with any team sport...there comes a time for every member of the team to play with a little "desperation".
This includes the coaching staff...the GM etc.
Replacing star elements of a GC Champ team with "lesser-lights" from other teams seems not to concern anyone much around here...but it does me. And despite being accused of not being a "fan"...I will raise that concern as often as necessary until it is addressed.

People keep talking about that one block Whitaker missed last year, and how AC got injured on that one play. I remember that in the first half of last season (before adjustments were made to the offensive line), Calvillo got sacked many times ( believe over 20 times in the first 9 games). Cobourne was on the field for many of those sacks. Calvillo could have been injured on any one of those many sacks
While many contend that the change to LBJ at center was the defining moment for the Alouettes O-Line last year...prior to the change I, and many others were pulling our hair out because of the almost total abandonment of the running game...particularly "up the middle". There can be no question that running Cobourne more often led to the Alouettes repeat in 2010. I also doubt that if Little AC had kept his mouth shut about it, he'd be in Hamiton right now.

As hard as it seems to be for so many to admit...Cobourne was right...the Als coaching staff was wrong.
Now that he's gone...it will be very interesting to see whether or nor the Alouettes continue down that road...and frankly....whether Big AC survives the journey.

there's no question that little a.c. was an asset with the alouettes but it was time for him to move on!! not only for him but also for the als!! everybody is replaceable!! "we" haven't even played a game yet and panic city has returned full force to rear it's ugly head once more!! CHILL!!