Whew... we wont have to listen to a season of Rider gloating

Thank you for winning Montreal!

But what's up with Duval choking so horribly in a second straight Grey Cup? His terrible kicking was the only thing that kept the game close.

He isn’t used to kicking in bad weather?

No, he choked last year too and the weather was fine. He is not a big-game player and I would not at all be surprised to see Popp cut him loose in the offseason, now that his father-in-law (Larry Smith) won’t be around to protect him.

I am in Vancouver on business so ended up watching the game in a pub alone. At the beggining of the game I was at a seat alone having a few drinks watching the game. I noticed a few businuess men ( one with an Al's jersey and a few old retired men with Rider hats on).

By Half time we had all joined together into one table - to cheer the game we love. We had a blast and more then a few pints. After the game was over the Al's fans thanked us for a great time and commented on the great game - down to the last minute.

The one in the Al's jersey picked up the entire tab :cowboy:

That is an example of great fans of the cfl. The poster of this thread is an example of the worst kind of CFL fan. There are sore losers and there are sore winners. Those 2 gentlemen represented the fans of the Montreal Al's with great pride. I would rather believe this poster not worthy of being called a cfl fan,

Yeah Duval was terrible, a couple of bad punts, a kickoff out of bounds, to go along with 2 make able field goal misses.

This thread title is terrible though, show a little class and maturity, this isn't middle school. You're simply baiting upset Rider fans into a thread that'll be locked within a few hours.

Correct me if Im wrong, but the person who started this thread is a Bomber fan… somebody who hasnt been a winner since 1990.

I was clear that the Al's fans I met where great sports fans and represented their team with great Honor - it's the poster of this that is clearly the worst kind of fan - So I wouldn't blame their team as I am sure they wouldn't want them either lol

Yet you openly criticize any Rider Fan posters who had negative comments about the Riders coaching staff??? You can't have it both ways buddy. This is the Rider staff you started a post for last week about how awesome they were. If you can't have a discussion about the staff without going ballistic on people who disagree with your point of view don't make you any better than the loser who started this post. Agree to disagree. Yes I'm bitter right now, I bleed Green. I don't mean to cause any offense but it's time for people to openly discuss this coaching staff and the front office for that matter.

Ya I caught that. Just adding a little something to your post.

umm have you had to many drinks? I don't think I have any posts on rider staff???? You may be thinking of a different rider poster

Ahhh, yet another Rider fan that takes this quote to heart......"If you accept losing you will never win! " Vince Lombarti

Whoa dude settle down before you have a hernia. When it really comes down to it, its just one game that is there for entertainment. Go and give your wife, your kids (if you have), or a loved one a hug before you go to bed tonight and realize that there is more to life than football and the business that comes with it.

How so - Disappointed the Riders lost but no reason to be a sore loser. There is a difference between thanking the apposing fans and complaining. The game is over - the seasons done - there is lots of time in the off season to be critical of what is wrong with the Riders that can be fixed - tonight is not the time to jump all over them.

And the topic of this thread? Really lol

I am in Vancouver on business so ended up watching the game in a pub alone. At the beggining of the game I was at a seat alone having a few drinks watching the game. I noticed a few businuess men ( one with an Al's jersey and a few old retired men with Rider hats on).

By Half time we had all joined together into one table - to cheer the game we love. We had a blast and more then a few pints. After the game was over the Al's fans thanked us for a great time and commented on the great game - down to the last minute.

The one in the Al's jersey picked up the entire tab :cowboy:

That is an example of great fans of the cfl. The poster of this thread is an example of the worst kind of CFL fan. There are sore losers and there are sore winners. Those 2 gentlemen represented the fans of the Montreal Al's with great pride. I would rather believe this poster not worthy of being called a cfl fan,

Yet you openly criticize any Rider Fan posters who had negative comments about the Riders coaching staff??? You can't have it both ways buddy. This is the Rider staff you started a post for last week about how awesome they were. If you can't have a discussion about the staff without going ballistic on people who disagree with your point of view don't make you any better than the loser who started this post. Agree to disagree. Yes I'm bitter right now, I bleed Green. I don't mean to cause any offense but it's time for people to openly discuss this coaching staff and the front office for that matter.

Whoa dude settle down before you have a hernia. When it really comes down to it, its just one game that is there for entertainment. Go and give your wife, your kids (if you have), or a loved one a hug before you go to bed tonight and realize that there is more to life than football and the business that comes with it.

That and the tirade is for a different poster - he has me mixed up with another Posters lol

I was assuming that that shot was at me as I am the one who started a thread trying to get people behind the Rider team and coaching staff going into the playoffs. Either way, people need to realise it is only a game.

That and at this point so what if it is true regarding coaching issues? Only 2 teams make it to the Grey Cup so that’s a winning coach just for making it to the Grey Cup. There is the entire off season to second guess and criticize the coaching staff. At this time there simply isn’t any reason to dump on anyone - The Riders did not get blown out and were in it to the end. They showed that clearly they are championship caliber and lost to a better team. My expectations for next year is a Grey Cup Championship and nothing less.

No need to tear into Coach Miller and the rest of the Rider staff. Back-to-back Grey Cup appearances are nothing to sneeze at. Sometimes, you play as hard as you can ... and either you don't get the bounces, or the other team is just a little bit better that day.

Title is a little funny considering the Bombers having won in how long? Little sour still? :lol:

Anyway. I had fun. Duval is just... I mean, come on. If I have a game on the line, he's the last one I want kicking. Sweet merciful crap, man. He's terrible.

You're telling me! I'm at the end of my rope with him. He's a professional choke artist in big games, and even worse, he can't even be man enough to own up, but instead makes excuses (Cahoon openly ridiculed him on TSN for pretending that the reason he missed the last-second FG last year was because he was 'distracted' by the zebra throwing the too-many-men flag) or blames others (yelling at Cahoon, the holder, or the long-snapper).

Thank God Larry Smith, Duval's father-in-law, is out the door. Now there's nobody left in the Als organization to protect him.

I missed that. That's pretty damn funny. God willing, he'll retire after this.