Where's Woodcock?

Is it possible he just never gets open? Does Joseph not like him? Was he just badly over-rated?

All I know is that when I've seen him get the ball, he does good things. So why not get it to him more than 1-3 times per game?

I don't know what's going on there, but i agree, he should be getting the ball a lot more.

He had a pretty clutch catch vs BC...

HE's a slotback to not all plays are designed for him all the time... Woodcock actually does allot for our O with out getting the ball. Some of his cuts are designed to shorten the field vs Zone D's...

It's kinda like opening up the field for your team mate...

Also sometimes when Ottawa gets behind the plays for him get ditched...

That's what I heard... anyways...

But it's nice to see him getting the ball from time to time...

Hey you too need to do something this week,

1-3 times per game would be great....how about '1' time per game....the Gades use of him borders on ridiculous....when they go to him, he produces (Hamilton game at the end of last year for example). In BC they had one inside hand-off designed for him - got 20+yards on the play.

It seems all designed screens go to Armstead (nothing wrong with that, he's great). But where's the creativity? I'm no coach but here's what I would do with him:

-Screens (same type they use with Armstead)
-Reverses (and more inside handoff type stuff)
-He should be back there with Armstead on kickoff/punt returns. They should run the odd reverse with those 2; fake reverses, etc....keep the other team guessing...

Yeah, it’s silly how little they use Woodcock. No receiver is going to be happy going multiple games without catching a pass. Going to him more often will also open up opportunities for Murphy, Armstead and Cuttolo. Woodcock has great speed and should be used as a downfield threat.

Wayne Scanlan had a pretty good article after the July 1st game against Montreal (I normally avoid his articles and the Ottawa Shitizen in general for their negativity and their constant worship of the NFL but this article was well written). He interviewed Kerry Joseph and either Paopao or the offensive coordinator about Woodcock's lack of involvement in the game. When he asked how many plays were actually designed with Woodcock as either the primary or secondary receiver the answer was 'a couple'.
I think it has a lot to do with Paopao and his lousy record for scouting of and use of Canadian talent - take a look at Vilimek who is now regularly starting and playing every play with the Alouettes.

Maybe he's the secret weapon and Paopao's keeping it a secret until week 10.

He looked pretty sharp tonight!!

I expected a bigger game out of Murphy.

I guess “The Secret Weapon” finally got used, huh? And earlier than expected! Too bad it wasn’t quite enough.