Wheres Bruce??????

I watch the game on TSN and I never saw A.Bruce the for must of the 2nd half. Is he hurt or did they pull him out????? :expressionless: :expressionless:

I dont like the way it going with him and the Cats ever since he kicked the ball and the disagreements at practice it dosent look good.

I have a strange feeling if he doesnt play next week in Calgary, hell ask for a trade or the Cats will trade him. I hope not.We need him hes part of the TEAM !!!!!!!

this was posted on the Scratching Post

He finished without a catch before leaving the game with what the team is calling a leg injury late in the third quarter.

ā€œI took myself out of the game because I didnā€™t feel right. I didnā€™t feel I was able to perform and help the team,? Bruce said, while declining to discuss the specifics of his injury. ā€œIā€™m seeing the doctor [on Saturday.]

[url=http://www.thespec.com/sports/ticats/article/571326--ticats-were-tough-when-it-counted]http://www.thespec.com/sports/ticats/ar ... it-counted[/url]

AB3 left the game late in the 3rd quarter with what was called ā€œa lower bodyā€ [ leg injury.]

I think Arland realized that his leg injury was restricting him

when he wasnā€™t able to get to that pass in the 3rd quarter,
[the one intended for a fellow receiver further downfield.]

moscamania gave us this quote from the online Scratching Post.

the quote was used in the hard copy article in the Spectator also.

ā€œI took myself out of the game because I didnā€™t feel right.

I didnā€™t feel I was able to perform and help the team,? Bruce said,

while declining to discuss the specifics of his injury.

ā€œIā€™m seeing the doctor (on Saturday.]

He may be done for the year. His knee has been a problem. Doctors will probably find some damage to his knee. Maybe now he'll get the help he needs in order to be effective again.

I thought Bruce did have one catch...a nice one actually for a first down in the second quarter.

He was definitely limping off after the game though.

Hope he's back to being the receiver he can be soon.

Isn't it nice to have depth at receiver that allows Bruce to mend properly and come back completely healthy.
The emergance of Williams, Bakari Grant, Matt Carter, Thigpen and of course STALA with Mann, McDaniels and now Bruce hurt.
Hitting Dueces on those screens was great.
There were no catches for Bruce last game.

When the coaches say Bruce is hurt he goes out and tells everyone he is fine and healthy, and now he decides to pull himself in the middle of a game... Everyone on here gives the guy so much credit but he hasn't done anything all year. I'm sick of hearing he is drawing double coverage and taking the other teams best db because we move the ball just fine when he isn't playing.

Good on him to pull himself, shows he doesn't just care about himself. :thup:

In our 2nd game loss when Arland dropped an important late game pass and he couldnā€™t get open all day,

he took the blame. He admitted that he played badly in the press. That also showed me he wants team wins

more than glory for himself. In this game, he needed an explosive burst from his legs to get to that last pass

but his leg didnā€™t give it to him so he decided to call it a night right there, after the trainer looked at it.

During the game, you could see him on the trainers table getting worked on. He was on it for quite some time. He didn't pull himself out because he was pissed, he is legit hurt and he knows that he can't be as effective, so he took one for the team and pulled himself out.

SOLID move by Bruce. It's a long season and we will need him later on :rockin:

Just goes to show you Bruce did not want to hurt the team !! When you look at when Cory Boyd got hurt he went back in and hurt the team and made his injury worse now Boyd is out for 4-6 weeks !! NOT SMART !!

Bruce is the Consummate Professional, and Team Player !!

IM THINKING THERES MORE TO THIS INJURY THEN HIS LEG he hasnt performed well in the 4 games he played the penalytys arguing etc etc i thinks bruce has had to take a back seat to colbourne mann etc etc and becuz he aint liking it u could soon see a trade oh well good horse when hes on but we dont need no bull

I was with you up until you said he had to take a back seat. I just think he is more injured than is being reported. I donā€™t think he has any problem taking a back seat to anyone. From what Iā€™ve seen, all Arland Bruce wants to do is win. If he cared only about his stats, he would have stayed in the game on Friday. If he gets traded, he gets traded, but I donā€™t see it. I think he is hurt, and once heā€™s back healthy, weā€™ll see the old Arland Bruce.

better he 's out ,than be playing DB for the other team!!!!

Why do some people refuse to believe that Bruce may have lost a step? As a smaller receiver, Bruce has relied on his speed over the years to gain separation from defenders and make plays down the field. I know he takes great care of his body, but itā€™s not unusual for a soon to be 34 year old receiver to suddenly decline the way Bruce appears to be doing so. I think anybody that believes Bruce is still attracting more attention from the defense than anybody else on the team, is kidding themselves. He has yet to gain separation from a defender in any of our 5 games thus far. He had one big play against B.C. where he made a Bruce-esque adjustment on the ball, but can he do that every game?

Do I think we should get rid of him right now? No, heā€™s a competitor and I think we should continue to let him ride it out and see if he can make some adjustments and potentially put together some good games. But guys like Mann and Kelly are going to get healthy soon and youā€™ve already got McDaniel waiting it out. So at some point you have to ask yourself if keeping Bruce in the line-up every week is the best thing for the team

And trust me, I would love more than anyone for the guy to go off and start playing like the Bruce of 09ā€™

I think AB the 3 is a long way from being done. If he was a substandard receiver on this team we would have seen him deeper in the receiving corps rather than as a starter. The season is very young and he has plenty of time to get himself right.

As a seasoned veteran he has earned the right to have the patience of coaches, GM's, trainers and of course the fans. I expect more great things from Arland down the road. :thup:

It is a true luxury that we have such solid depth at receiver. The only guy I'm uncertain of is McDaniel. Still have flashbacks of that dropped pass a couple of weeks ago.

Doesn't look like he's tailing off to me. Last year was his seocnd most receiving yards in his career, only 67 off his best.

I'd go with the injury.

Team No. Yards Avg
BRUCE, A 2001 WPG 48 818
BRUCE, A 2002 WPG 67 1,062
BRUCE, A 2004 TOR 16 247
BRUCE, A 2005 TOR 67 1,205
BRUCE, A 2006 TOR 77 1,370
BRUCE, A 2007 TOR 61 839
BRUCE, A 2008 TOR 92 1,210
BRUCE, A 2009 HAM 74 1,043
BRUCE, A 2009 TOR 14 199
BRUCE, A 2010 HAM 86 1,303

This has nothing to do with his stats last year.
He was great last year, but like Jordan just said a receiver his age can fall off the map real quick. He doesnā€™t have the speed he use to and his hands have looked real bad so far.

quote]This has nothing to do with his stats last year.
He was great last year, but like Jordan just said a receiver his age can fall off the map real quick. He doesn't have the speed he use to and his hands have looked real bad so far.
[/quote]
Just like Geroy Simon :lol:

Iā€™m not so sure about players ā€œfalling off the map real quickā€, although I can be convinced. I tend to believe that most players just slowly diminish as they age, and although Iā€™m not 100% sure whatā€™s going on with Bruce so far, I tend to believe it s an injury as has been reported and as some here have witnessed him being worked on during the game.

FWIW, here are his receiving stats for last year, keeping in mind to reach a 1,000 yard year, a receiver needs to average 55.5 yards per game.

1. 3 - 44
  2. 7 - 104
  3. 4 - 91
  4. 2 - 22
  5. 16 - 272
  6. 11 - 197
  7. 2 - 64
  1. 8 - 68
  1. 5 - 50
  2. 4 - 81
  3. 3 - 42
  4. 5 - 52
  5. 4 - 58
  6. 6 - 142
  7. 5 - 54
  8. 4 - 12
  9. 0
  10. 0
    ESF 7 -76

Good for 86 catches, 1,303 yards, 15.2 average 8 TDs.

3rd most yards receiving behind Fantuz and Edwards, with more yards than Richardson, Lewis, Stamps, Simon, Dressler, Rambo and Bryant

Tied for 6th in the league for TDs