Where will Troy Davis play in '07?

You're dreaming, esks. The Eskie haters will ALWAYS complain about the Edmonton Eskimos cheating the salary cap to win. Even if all evidence points to them being in the middle of the pack every year. Even if there is proof that their team spends more (cough... riders... cough). Even if their claims cannot be backed up by one single solitary ounce of evidence.

I guess the thought that the Edmonton Eskimos are just such a well run, classy organization that they've legitimately won 13 Grey Cups since the CFL came into existence in 1954, without having to spend more than anybody else, is just too harsh a reality for your average Eskie hater to face. One day, medical science may find the cure for this horrible Eskie Hater affliction. Until then, these baseless accusations will continue.

Unfortunately, you're probably right.

The Riders cut some guys to... The Esks arent the only ones who at this point appear to be trying to get under the cap.

Troy will hang around and once there is an injury to a RB he will get picked up but with less change in his pocket. Another pay as you play player in the making.

Baseless eh? This is from an article that appears on the main page of this site, and is written by Dan Barnes of the Edmonton Journal:
Maciocia also promised more cuts to come from the veteran ranks as the perennial cap-cheating team tries to slice its grossly overweight payroll back into line with the $4.05 million mandated by the league's new salary management system.
I would say, larry, that you are caught in your own misinformation. Even the journalists in Edmonton admit it, that the Esks are pretty much in the same situation as the rest of the league is, that they were well over the cap last year as well. Maybe you should go read that article "Ed Hervey sound the alarm", they may not have been as high as the Riders last year but it proves what a lot of people have been saying here- the Eskimos have long been cheaters of any salary cap that has been put into place.

]

Baseless eh? This is from an article that appears on the main page of this site, and is written by Dan Barnes of the Edmonton Journal:
Maciocia also promised more cuts to come from the veteran ranks as the perennial cap-cheating team tries to slice its grossly overweight payroll back into line with the $4.05 million mandated by the league's new salary management system.
I would say, larry, that you are caught in your own misinformation. Even the journalists in Edmonton admit it, that the Esks are pretty much in the same situation as the rest of the league is, that they were well over the cap last year as well. Maybe you should go read that article "Ed Hervey sound the alarm", they may not have been as high as the Riders last year but it proves what a lot of people have been saying here- the Eskimos have long been cheaters of any salary cap that has been put into place.
[/quote]
Sambo, the Eskimos have in fact cheated on the salary cap, it's no secret and here's a news flash, "SO HAS EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE CFL". The Eskimos haven't even been nearly the worst offenders, only the most public and most successful and success breeds contempt. So whiny fans of losing teams cry "the Eskimos are better at cheating than we are". What grows tiresome is fans of teams with far higher payrolls than Edmonton crying foul.

I have said this before and will say it again, "Every team has cheated on salaries, only the community owned teams are under far more scrutiny than the privately owned teams and have fewer options to hide players".

Instead of crying about the Eskimos Sambo, I would suggest you try to emulate them.

I wonder how many of these temporary workers that come in from Mexico have been cleared by Customs. I would think the person bringing them in is responseable for them.
Maybe Tillman can work a similar deal for Hill. lol

Riders GM tilman has already stated that those "cheating" eskimos are handing out large bonuses for signing. He claims that the Esks signed there new free agents in this matter. It's in Sat. Leader post. And your right everyone seems to like to cheat, some more than others though. Is a salary cap ever going to work? I think not. To many loopholes.

Well, esksfan, larry seems to think that the esks are not cheaters, read his post again. He claims that it is a "baseless" allegation, but the article on the front page of this site proves otherwise. He seems to think the esks are within the rules,which clearly they are not. Im calling him on it.

Sambo, I suggest you take a deep breath and try READING my post before attacking away with your usual drivel. Esks123 says that he sure hopes that nobody complains about the Eskimos salary level this year, as they are obviously trying to get under the salary cap. My point, was that ignorant Eskie Haters, such as yourself, will NEVER stop complaining. Even if their team spends MORE money, as YOUR RIDERS SPENT MORE MONEY than the Eskimos last year. I NEVER claimed that the Eskimos have never been over the cap. My point, was that the Eskimos have always been in the middle of the pack. Previous cap levels were set rediculously low. EVERY team was over it, including the Eskimos. They just weren't the biggest violators, like the riders that were $750,000 over the cap last year (2nd worse, only to Toronto).

For Eskie haters to constantly moan and complain about the Eskimo's salary level is both hypocritical and ignorant. You should take a good hard look at the cheating that your riders do. Not only because it was worse than the Eskimos, but because it is ALWAYS unsuccessful. Only a team as inept as the riders could cheat a salary cap that badly, and still come up empty handed.

I just find it funny how easily rider fans find it to shove their heads firmly up their a.ss. They will whine, moan and cry until they're blue in the face about the "evil" Eskimos cheating the cap. But when presented with irrefutable evidence that their team is just as bad, and likely worse, for spending on salaries, they simply dismiss it, and direct their 18 year Grey Cup drought anger back on the Eskies. I find ignorant people funny.

I won't attempt to speak for Larry. What is baseless is the idea that many fans have that the Eskimos are the only ones breaking salary cap rules, as the old saying goes, "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

If you're going to criticize another team, have your facts straight and make sure your team isn't as bad or worse.

If Tillman said that, then he should be prepared to open his books to public scrutiny. Want to bet, he won't.

I'll admit, the Riders were over the cap. Larry seems to think that the Esks are the only team who stays within it. Again, read his post. He says that the Eskimos being over the cap is a "baseless" allegation. The article on the home page of this website proves him wrong, why else would they be releasing all these veterans if they werent over the cap? You say Tillman should be prepared to open his books, but ALL team should disclose salaries, it is one of the ways that the SMS will have a fighting chance to work.

It doesn't matter what happened in the past anymore, all that matters is what happens this year. And this year, teams like the Riders and the Eskimos, both look to be making moves to get under the cap, which is good for the league, imo.

So you guys can argue about the past until you're blue in the face (like some of you usually do) or you can start looking to the future and how your team is in relation to the cap.

Wrong again, sambo. What I DID say, was that it is completely baseless for Eskie Haters, who usually happen to be rider fans, to complain about the Eskimos salary levels. Although it is not unusual to find an ignorant rider fan, the hypocrasy of this particular issue is astounding. The riders admitted to being #2 in salary last year, $750,000 over the cap, cheating WORSE than the Eskimos. The Eskimos are proving to be cutting high priced veterans this off season. Do I believe that this will be enough for rider fans to finally pull their heads out of their a.ss, and stop complaining about the Eskimos; realizing that their team are WORSE violators of the salary cap? No, I don't. But I am sure the simple minds will continue to entertain me.

If the riders cheating ways were to ever actually result in a Grey Cup, you'd soon see them shut their mouths about which teams are worse than others on violating a salary cap. What really shoves the stick up their a.ss, is that they spend all this money, more than almost every other team, and STILL can't get a whiff of the Grey Cup after 18 years. The excuse of "we're just a poor little community owned team and we can't afford to compete" has finally been blown out of the water. It's too intellectually challenging to complain about their own team, and what needs to change. So that frisky "Eskie Hater" gene kicks into play, and they cry all day about a team that has done nothing wrong, relative to their very own team.

Again boys why the fighting here. There is no arguement that all teams cjeated. Big deal. The riders managment were at fault for crying poor boy only to get caught right no big deal. The Eskimos who are not claiming they did not have high salries so everything you guys disagree on is a mood point. The point is like roughy stated the league is going in a different direction, thats hope this is good for all teams. There is no point in fighting over the past. What the Eskimos are doing is rebuilding right now with in the structure of the cap and I believe most teams are doing this. Some teams have already shown this by releasing veterans on their team. We should as fans ban together and celebrate the new beginning of a great old league.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Toronto or Saskatchewan go after Davis. Both teams needs an established RB and Davis still has plenty of gas left in the tank. Edmonton is going to regret this decision.

Actually, 05, I think both the Riders and Esks have a ways to go before they get under the cap. The Riders picked up over half a million in salary on just two players, Joseph and Armstead, in the dispersal draft. Now they have to trim a lot fat(in Nate's case its literally), and more vets will be released, IMO. Just who is let go remains to be seen.
We have some RBs, like Bracey and Hakim Hill, who will battle for the RB job in TC, and I cant see the Riders taking on Davis' salary. The Argos might be a better fit for him.

joesph just took a $120,000 pay cut...so unless armstead is making $275,000 this year, the riders are NOT spending half a million on just 2 players.

$120,000 this year , DG. Half a million in salary last year is why they were so far over. Still a long way for them to go to get near or under 4.05 mill

The riders admitted to being #2 in .......

I am curious to know who was #1.