Where will teams place this year?

Well I'm kind of getting excited for the upcoming year. Judging by free agency, where do you think teams will fall in the standings this year?

My predictions

WEST
1.B.C (always good)
2.Edmonton (Fred Perry definitly helps them out alot)
3.Saskatchewan (We are the Grey Cup champions, but I don't like how we lost 2 key players from our front 7)
4.Calgary (they will cross over)

East
1.Winnipeg
2.Toronto
3.Hamilton
4.Montreal

There we have it

didn"t we all do this already?

hmm... given the state of things so far:

WEST
1.B.C.
2.undecided... could be CAL or SSK
4. EDM again...

EAST
1.WPG
2.undecided again... I say TOR or HAM
4.MTL

cal
bc
sask
ed

wpg
ham
mtl
tor

West:
BC (they still have the most talent)
Edm (made a lot of improvements in FA)
Sask (Austin’s gone)
Cal (just a hunch)

East:
Wpg (most talent in a bad division)
Tor (I hate doing this)
Mtl (man, what a bad division)
Ham

My question is: Why are people picking Hamilton to finish so high? They have made minor coaching changes and got Tony Miles, but is that enough to move one or two spots up in the division?

West

1.BC
2.Saskatchewan
3.Edmonton
4.Calgary (Will get cross over playoff birth)

East

1.Winnipeg
2.Toronto
3.Montreal
4.Hamilton

West
BC
Calgary
Edmonton
Sask

East

Winnipeg
TO
Hamilton
Montreal

West
BC
Calgary
Saskatchewan
Edmonton

East
Winnipeg
Toronto
Hamilton
Montreal

West

1 BC-Best team wins 12.

2 Saskatchewan-Win 10. Not as good as last year. But get home playoff game. Again. Coach and gm smarter than some fans said. Again.

3 Calgary-Wins 9. Better than record. But Burris cant beat Riders. Finish 3rd.

4 Edmonton-Beat Riders in 1st game. Sky falling in Rider land as always after loss. Eskies win 8 make playoffs. Cross over.

East

1 Toronto-Defence wins weak division. Win 9 games.

2 Hamilton-Printers healthy and Ticats much better. Win 8 games.

3 Winnipeg-Stegall, Brown, Roberts, Simpson. Team to old. No backup qb. Win 7 and do not make playoffs. Eskies cross over. Bomber fans go nuts.

4 Montreal-CFLs worst team

Dickenson plays. Calgary beats Riders. Rider fans cry. Then Lions. Buono Cries. Edmonton cross over beats Hamilton and Toronto.

Grey Cup. Calgary and Edmonton. All Alberta in Montreal. Als fans cry. Popp is fired. Dickenson gets hurt in Grey Cup. Burris fumbles and throws pics. Blows big game. Eskies win. Machoke gets new contract. Lions, Riders, Stamps fans happy. Again.

I always embarrass myself when I try to pick the standings, because Hamilton always looks "improved" going into the season, and for the last few years has been worse than the year before.

But I can't imagine Hamilton finishing below Montreal this year. A full season with Printers -- backed up by Williams -- and Lumsden should make for some good offence. The Desjardins tsunami that crippled this team last year has moved on to Montreal, and Obie is rebuilding. Meanwhile the Als hire as their head coach a guy who has never coached Canadian football in any capacity at any level. Good thinkin'!

Toronto's defence is getting weaker as they get older, and many are being replaced by less-experienced players. With Stubler at HC, they won't be able to rely on one of the best Defensive Coordinators in recent CFL history. Their offence remains a weakness. Hamilton may give them a run for their money for second.

Winnipeg continues to be strong. The "old" players all produced last year, and even with a year's worth of dropoff in their play would still be better than most in the league. I have no reason to believe they will not finish first in the east.

The west is a bit more of a crapshoot. Saskatchewan has a new head coach for the second year in a row, which would usually write them off. But it didn't hurt them last year, so who knows? Changes in Calgary too put a question mark on their finish. Could be better than last year, could be worse. Edmonton should improve with the return of backup QB Jason Maas and receiver Brock Ralph, but whether they'll ever be better than the Riders or Stamps with Maciocia at head coach remains to be seen.

About the only sure thing is that the Lions will continue to be about as strong as last year, but in this division that could lead them to a first place finish or third.

Ditto

West
BC (still strong, less then past seasons)
CAL (New coach New Players)
EDM (Playoff bound done in forst round)
SSK* (lost key players + coach = losing)

• Possible cross over in any

East
WIN (same core in tact, made needed changes)
HAM (lots of work done and the will to win)TOR (defensive wins is all they will have)MTL (Bad Coaching Moves Team Will Crumble)

West Semi
Calgary turns off the lights on edmontons glimer of hope in a heated alberta battle

East Semi
Toronto or SSK get a few good plays their way and upset Hamilton in a close battle

West Semi
Calgary continues winning ways upsetting BC in their own home like the past few seasons.

East Semi
Winnipeg Plays to a half packed stadium in Winnipeg walking away with a victory over TOR or SSK

Grey Cup
Winnipeg seeks vengence from the 2001 upset and lays the beat down on the little horses from cowtown.

I think my season standings will be close, I went a little bold putting SSK in 4th, but i think they will land the crossover and stand a chance of making the east final. BC will still be strong as always, Winnipeg did a huge amount of work keeping their croe players in town and will be the team to beat after some special team work.

after that i have no idea what will happen in playoffs, just put it out there for the fun of it, and well I predict Calgary Winnipeg because i see Calgary has the ability to be a good team and Winnipeg will get their vengance from 2001.

It always dicey to pick the order of finish this early, but I will give it a try

SSK
CAL
BC
EDM

WPG
TOR
HAM
MTL

If the Riders do finish first, it will be close. You could interchange the Riders, Stamps and Lions for 1st to 3rd. I dont believe that the Esks have improved enough to make the playoffs. Yes, they have some talent, but unless the talent gels and comes together quickly, I dont see them moving up. Coaching is still the main weakness the Esks have.

In the East , the Bombers will be the class of the division. Toronto still has a good enough D to finish second and it could be a close race for 3rd between Hamilton and Montreal, and for that reason I dont believe there will be a crossover team.

WEST
B.C.
Cal
Sask
Edm

EAST
Wpg
Ham
Tor
Mtl

West
B.C.
Cal
Sask
Edm
EAST
Wpg
Tor
Edm Crossover Comes East.
Ham Miss the Playoffs Bob has pay up..

Mtl

Edmonton Loses to Toronto
Toronto Loses to Winnipeg

Sask Loses to Calgary
Calgary Beats BC
Calgary Beat Winnipeg to win the Grey Cup

My guess is, that the Als, TiCats and Eskimos will via for the final post season spot.

as long as somebody is in 8th place at the end of every season, I will be happy

last

WEST:

British Columbia
Saskatchewan
Calgary
Edmonton

EAST:

Winnipeg
Hamilton
Montreal
Toronto

I think the Eskimos have enough talent to make the playoffs, but unfortunately in this league talent also needs coaching and that's where the other teams all have significant advantages over them. I'd go as far as to say that I think Montreal's coach with no CFL experience could out coach Maccocia.

There's a lot of question marks on every team going into this year, I think it's one of the toughest years to predict because there has been a fair bit of turnover, with a lot of coaching changes as well.

WEST:

British Columbia
Calgary
Edmonton
Saskatchewan

EAST:
Toronto
Hamilton
Montreal
Winnipeg Winterpeg will start to show its age,Saskatchewan will falter without Joseph.