where to sit at Ivor wynne?

That is pretty much what I meant… Its the only a fan when the team is scoring or making big plays type guys that ruin it for everyone.

People who heckle would make great stalkers…

I sit in Box A and we have created our own Box shirts called the BOX EH MEN and WOMEN. We started this about 3 years ago. Our first shirts had a fun little jab to it with a qoute on the back saying “Real Men Wear Pants”. This wasn’t done to mock the J boys as the have been friends of ours now for years. It was done more to create a fun atmosphere around the tailgates at the game and away from the game. It is more about bringing all the ticat fans together.

There is no question that the J boys pioneered there own look. Box Eh has gone with funky hats instead of kilts. I appreciate what the J Boys have started and everyone is entitled to there opinions but my mom (rest her sole) once told me “if u don’t have anything nice to say don’t say it at all.”

I think Bob is right it would be nice to see other sections getting together to get there own shirts with there own witty slogan on the back. Last year we had “Bob’s Young we’re restless” (sorry BOB)

If anyone in Box Eh would like to be a part of the fun then PM me and I will give u the details for our section shirts.

Lets stop judging people who we don’t even know.
CAN’T WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START!!

sec 26 I find is a great view right at the 50 yd line and if you get up high enough you are covered if it rains. Also I found myself last year sitting with a couple of the coaches wives which was not too good when I started bashing Ed Oniel and the way the defence was playing and then the lady beside me told me she was his wife, oops but I gotta hand it to him though he may not know how to run a defence but he made one hot daughter!

I will be making my first ever trip to Ivor Wynne this upcoming season to see my Lions (yes, I'm a Vancouverite, don't hate me) take on the Ti-Cats.

I scored a single through Ticketmaster for Row 8, Box J. Perhaps one of the Box J crew can lend some insight as to the sightlines.

The sightlines are good, no matter where you sit. In Box J, the lower the seat number, the closer you are to mid-field. You could be anyplace from about the 20 yard line, to the 40. You are, however, behind the Tiger Cat bench. Most out-of-town fans who come to Ivor Wynne usually try for seats behind the visiting team bench, i.e. in Box H.

I'm of the belief that there isn't a bad seat in Ivor Wynne :thup:

On the subject of Box J and the Box J Boys...here is what it comes down to with them....

THEY ARE "PASSIONATE" about the CFL and most significantly THE TIGERCATS.

They are loud and proud and are great ambassadors of the team, the city and the CFL.

Their tailgate parties, to which all are welcome, are legendary!

They have made countless charitable donations and are the first to welcome newcomers to the game.

Those that would make derogatory comments about them, should take the time to go and meet them...I'm sure you would come away with a better understanding.

OH...and one more thing...they remain loyal to the Ticats in good times and not so good times, and are proud to wear their colours in any stadium at any time...regardless of the fortunes on the field.

They are welcome and respected for their loyalty in every CFL stadium.

:thup: :thup:

Well, here's a blast from the past......I used to love those bleachers!

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/8898/standsxx6.jpg

[b]Hay Bob a Nick name for Each Sec Sounds like good Idea..

The Sec Eights Crazys or Hoggies:[/b]

Sec 8 is Slang. A soldier given such a discharge or behaving as if deserving such a discharge. [After Section VIII of World War II U.S. Army Regulation 615-360, which provided for the discharge of those deemed unfit for military service.]

In popular culture

A running gag from the television show MAS*H, has Corporal Maxwell Klinger constantly trying to convince his commanding officers that he is mentally unfit for duty (crazy) and required a Section 8 discharge. Klinger would dress in women's clothing and perform other dangerous and ridiculous stunts.

We Could Dress up like Hoggettes". in Washington.

A small group of men decided to dress up in dresses as mock cheerleaders for "The Hogs" and called themselves "The Hoggettes". They have since been a
big part of Redskin history. The Hoggettes raise thousands of dollars every year for charities.
We could our Own Version :lol:
Or maybe We just do a Hog Nose and Ears for Sec 8

Box J loves their football.
Wear your B.C. colours to make sure they give you your due as an out-of-towner.
They will be sure to acknowledge your attendance.
The later in the game the more acknoledgement you will receive.
Good luck…I mean have fun :slight_smile:

Lead the way Tom.
I’m sure the rest of the section will follow.

Endzone is where it’s at!!!
Love the crowd out there…the General Admin seating is kinda dumb – and the source of the odd "spark’-- but it’s a nice loud and rowdy environment.

Section 22 is good for the same reason.

It is faaar better, and much less surly, when our team isn’t getting pounded by 25 points.

The nerve… you’ve been sittin’ here for what, five minutes, and now you’ve got me dressing up like a pig! :wink:

Box k rules we have the steel mills to our back the mountain and sun in our face and the box J boys beside us for all the extra entertainment value at a great price for a box seat. :thup: :rockin: I have isle seats also which are D best for washroom and beer etc....

Hey Marc,
Welcome to the best football stadium in N.A. The ambience and sitelines are 2nd to none. You will get none of the adrogynous emptiness that you get sitting in the new multi-purpose stadiums, unless you are impressed by luxury boxes and metal structures. IWS is made of concrete and it's here to stay for a long time. Sit back and enjoy the ambience and great view from absolutely anywhere in this stadium.

Just one request though, Marc. Dont get up and wander around especially during the play.

GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR i hate that it always happens on the southside, i missed a few plays because of a few people in their 20's who came half way through the game, and then you try talking to them and they get angry and say they have the right to stand. I personally find people on the north side to be more experienced football spectators because alot of them are season ticket holders, i like that side alot more. No offence to the south side, you are still very good, I just like the North side experience a little more. However if i am sitting on the south side I do like section 26 and the boxes, those are good places to watch the game to, haven't tried the endzone yet, how is it in there?

Not to mention on the north side you also have the box J boys! :lol:

South side - splinters
North side - no splinters

I prefer the north side.The north side has plenty of seats between the goal lines,You can see the video board very well from all seats,and I just enjoy looking at the older(south side)part of the stadium and its bowl type configuration,press boxes and wall of fame in the background.Also,I don't think anybody has mentioned this,but the main reason I prefer the north side is because there is a lot more room below the stands,for washrooms and concessions.It has 2 levels ( south side everybody has to go down to ground level,very congested)Its usually nice and cool (on a hot day)and a lot more relaxing.Enjoy the game.

Box K behind the Ticat bench with steel mills at your back and the nice green of the escarpment as a backdrop in front.