Where the $ goes from Scarves, Coozies and Bandana's

Hi Everyone:
Thankyou again for supporting the Ticat scarf launch at the Lot J Labour Day Classic Tailgate. I wanted to pass this on.
Here is where the money raised from Ticat scarves, bottle coozies, and bandana's are going. Please read on and spread the word!
I just received this from the Wellwood Cancer Resource Centre that they are starting a program for kids with family members with cancer up at Wellwood. This is where the money from the sale to scarves, coozies and bandana's the Ticats and CFL Fans Fight Cancer - Ron Lancaster Chapter is going!
Please invite everyone to spread the word and read on....

Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 3:16 PM

Hi All,
As we head into the Labour Day weekend, our thoughts go to preparing for fall even though technically, summer still here! I do hope you are enjoying this gorgeous day, which now looks like it will be a gorgeous weekend.

I have a special update to share with you at this time and I am asking for your help. We are excited to be starting a new program for children on Wednesday, September 12. The program is called “Kids in the Kitchen/Power Up? for children ages 9-12 living with serious illness in the family. Together with The Boys and Girls Clubs of Hamilton, we will provide a 6-week program (Wednesdays at Wellwood from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.) that will include nutritious meal preparation (and eating!), homework help and fun activities to support children whose lives have been affected by an illness in the family. This program is the first of its kind for us and we hope to continue to offer it in the winter and in the spring.

We are also providing supervised transportation to and from the program to help parents and guardians who may already have a great deal to manage with illness and appointments and cannot get their kids to Wellwood. Attached is a one page flyer with details. As with all Wellwood programs, the program is FREE.

If you, in your volunteer role or as a member of our community, know of a child or family who would benefit from participating, please don’t hesitate to refer them to me or to the supportive care department at JCC (number on flyer). We still have spots left and want every family to have the opportunity to register.

Thanks, as always, for your help and support, Norma

Norma Frankoff
Program Director, Wellwood

[url=http://www.wellwood.on.ca]www.wellwood.on.ca[/url]

YouTube Facebook donateNow2b1
905-667-8870 (Community Site)
905-389-5884 (Hospital Site)
"Living Well… with Cancer"

An informative spreading the word bump!
See you on Oct 12 for the Ticats/Wellwood scarf sale!