where should the 100th grey cup be held?

i'd like to see it in Montreal....2012 at the Big O with new field turf ( or borrowed..lol )....60 000

...that is, if the Big O hasn't colapsed by then...lol...if it has fallen down, then Edmonton, or Toronto.

No way should Toronto get it, they dont have real fans thier. It wasnt long ago when they only had like 10,000 fans showing up. If toronto had a losing season their would be no support. It should be held in Saskatchewan. Where the fans support winning and losing teams, well mostly losing.

..........the federal government will enter into a deal with the Turks and Caicos, thereby making the gorgeous carribean islands part of Canada through a sponsorship program, the game will be held there........

it HAS to be in the BIGGEST stadium they can find....therefore, hamilton, sask, and winnipeg are OUT!

It doesn't necessarily have to be the biggest stadium. Just the best site, with a stadium that's big enough.

I'd love for it to be in Hamilton, but I know that's not realistic. 2009, the 100th anniversary of the Grey Cup, would be nice to have too, but I don't think Hamilton is prepared to make a bid for that game either.

Grey Cup C, the 100th, in 2012, has to be in Toronto. It's the largest market in the country, and has a nice big stadium (well, a big one anyway.) But most importantly, it was the site of Grey Cup I. Tradition demands it.

If Grey Cup XCV is a disaster, then there would still be time to award the big one to another city, as a site would not have been named yet.

If it has to be somewhere else, the one thing that should be considered is that it must be one of the sites of the original nine, and it must be in a city that has had CFL football continuously since the league was formed. This means that Vancouver would just get in under the wire, but Ottawa and Montreal would be OUT, and no expansion city should be considered.

So: Toronto, unless that is absolutely not possible, in which case Vancouver, unless that is absolutely not possible, in which case Edmonton. If that is absolutely not possible, then Hamilton, because of the tradition, the Hall of Fame, and the fact that I can get to the game in twenty minutes. :slight_smile:

I will agree that Toronto should host the 100th, but as for BigDave's continuity point. The only reason Toronto and Hamilton didn't fold and the City's lose there CFL team, is because the other teams and the league bailed them out of trouble and kept them afloat, when things were desperate, and in Ottawa and Montreal we got no such help or luxury! And if we had, it would not be brought up all the damn time!

Actually they didn't just bail them out they took over the franchises!

I wonder, though, if Toronto and Hamilton haven't paid some of this money back to the league/teams in one way or another? I don't know. If not, then neither city should get the 100th.

I'm from Regina and would love to have it here, but I would like to see the game go back to where it started-Toronto for the 100th.

If not Toronto, I would vote for Halifax because that would mean that between now and then, a stadium was built and a team is playing there. Plus, what a great way to start the second 100 years of CFL football...looking ahead to grwoth and new markets. Yes, this is a huge stretch, entirely unrealistic, but I can dream.

dude, quit freaming, the last thing I’d like to see is Canada becoming an imperiest power like the US, UK, and France.

Winnipeg....Because its middle of Canada. ....... that or Nunavut

Thats a good point. I completely agree.

Ottawa! The capital and no where would be better to celebrate the Canadian game!

Good point..the capital city of the greatest nation, would be a good fit.
The center of the universe might disagree..but who care's..

Exactly! lol

BALTIMORE???? :roll:

Just kidding...my warped american humor again :roll:

Are you with the Gilbermans? lol

should have had it in 1997.

maybe Ottawa can do 101st?

I remember the last time Winnipeg hosted it they had to sell tickets 2 for 1 to get people to show up. And it had one of the lowest attendances ever.

…I remember this one guy had a plastic bucket with a section of stove pipe and a salad spinner on top, all held together by duct tape…IMO it was poorly done…

Considering how national of a celebration it should be, Ottawa would be a neat choice.

I’d like to say Calgary, but it belongs out East, IMO - due to the history and tradition. So, I’d vote for Ottawa (see above), Hamilton (Hall of Fame, very successful franchise - them and the Canadiens are the only teams in North America to win a championship in each decade since 1900), or Toronto (which will have to first pull off 2007, but has the history as well).