Where is Copeland

jealous of what? choke artists, copeland is overpaid, overrated, and a choke artist, nik lewis is loud and useless.

:lol: :lol: Boy you are jealous. What team do you cheer for son. I want to laugh at you some more.

Tell us king, how do you really feel? :lol: Copeland has not spoken being dissatisfied with his role, so why all the speculation? I thought maybe Copeland might be traded, but I have changed my opinion on that. I think the Stamps are going to keep all their receivers, and it scary what they are capable of doing if they get on a roll.

…probably at home practicing his 4-man bobsled td dance :lol:

Hey I wish they still di their routines. But the ownership group mandated no more fun. So to the clowns that continue to make fun go for it. But again I feel it is only jealousy that brings this on.
Samboyou are right why would you trade someone that has been a positive influence on the team (this year for the clowns) and the Stamps are in no need of any other position. Hellard stated early this year the Copeland will be a Stampeder and well for those that are jealous he is still playing.

The rumour that was being reported by CBC, and attributed to Higgins, is that they very nearly cut Copeland before TC, but after he made assurances that he would clean up his act, and work hard, etc., Higgins brought him to camp. But even then, and again, attributed to Higgins, it was considered a surprise he made the team.

Anyway, to pour a little fuel on the fire regarding which team has the best receivers, I’ll start by stating I wouldn’t trade Dominguez and Fantuz for Lewis and Thelwell in an even up deal. And if you threw in Copeland, and Marcus Howell–still no takers…
And as I think Armstead and Flick can run circles aroung Bo and Rambo…well I think you can see my point, whether anyone agrees or not…

:lol: :lol: :lol: You are the sport reporter the CNIB right!I find it funny that even Ted Hellard has stated at no time did the Stamps not figure Copeland would not be on this team. He came to management and told them he would take a pay cut to stay. So why in the world would he not make this team is beyond me. The CBC reports must have gotten together with the CNIB report to discuss this but they could not be more wrong. I find it rather funny but Copeland sure is getting a lot of press from your priders. You guys really love him and probably would love him on your team. But I guess it won't happen. :lol: :lol: :lol: Jealousy at its best.

I am thinking that when a player is A) told he requires an attitude adjustment if he wants to play, and
B) offers to take a pay cut so he can play, he is a hair away from being cut.
What Ted says actually supports the CBC story...

I agree. I would never do that trade.

Arius says:

I am thinking
Your first mistake

that when a player is A) told he requires an attitude adjustment if he wants to play, and

I do not believe he was told directly. In an indirect way such as the ownership coming out with the One campaign I guess you can read into that way but he was not told directly.

B) offers to take a pay cut so he can play,
he volunteered the paycut not asked to take a pay cut there is a big difference do you not think! Oh yes that was your first mistake.
he is a hair away from being cut.
Where did you read that? At no time was that reported I guess that is your news report right!

What Ted says actually supports the CBC story... Any links there my long winded board buddy!

If it was reported by the CBC and I am sure you read it. I do not believe Ted would come out and say this that is not his way of doing business. But I guess if there is a link please provide it! And just maybe you can convince me.

Here I go…thinking again…
It is almost certain that Copeland was directly talked to about an attitude adjustment. Your “One” campaign is largely directed at the onfield antics and off-field trash talk which featured Copeland as the ring-leader. Not to talk directly to him about such issues would make no sense.
And the fact that Higgins is on record in the middle of last season already as saying he disliked the dancing, etc., and had asked the players to tone it down…
And apparently, he had to offer to take a pay cut in order to stay.
Sources:

Redwhite2005 said: But the ownership group mandated no more fun

He came to management and told them he would take a pay cut to stay

You don’t need to approach management about taking a pay-cut in order to keep your job unless there is some doubt the job is still yours.
When just a couple of years ago you were one of the most coveted free agents in the league, and likely one of the highest paid receivers, and now you are offering to take a pay cut AND you are second string AND the team has a new policy seemingly targeting exactly the types of things you are known for AND your coach has publically let it be known that type of behaviour is not acceptable AND your numbers have declined as your age goes up…

Yeah, you are probably right. He was never in any jeopardy in Cowtown…

Arius he took the pay cut to help the team nothing more. He knew if he had not offered he would have been asked to take a cut. He just beat them to it. Higgens and Ted have said it all along that at no time the dance routines put someones job in jeopardy. I guess you can read into it what ever you want. I know several poeple on this sight would like nothing more to have Copeland traded or let go but that did not happen. I stated this in January. You do not fire a guy that can dance!

Everything is always great for one win....but when you get left behind for more then one game then things change.

The question will be when will it change. I personally hope that Calgary keeps as many of there current recievers as possible for as long as possible. That way when the problems start it will be to late for them to get anything worth while for them.

Lets be real here....we all know what Copeland and Lewis did before last years semi....they embrassed the club. They were told publicly by management and privately by Higgins that type of behaviour would not be acceptable this year.

As for asking for a cut to play....you better believe copeland realized he would be playing in Hamilton or Montreal or Toronto this year if he didn't. Everybody knows the impact that SMS had on the every team. That was no surprise....most teams had players coming forward....even Dickenson did it..

copeland and his female looking cornrows are the biggest free agent bust in cfl history.

…I disagree…the signing of Copeland a couple of years ago showed the league that the new ownership in Calgary was serious about turning the franchise around, that this new group of owners were not simply another bunch of yahoos with a new expensive toy…the same can be said of signing Burris…these two signings were catalysts to get us to the group that we have now which, on paper anyways seeing the season is so young, is an awesome roster indeed…no single man can win you a championship, so if you are saying that because a GC hasn’t come Calgary’s way since Copeland was signed therefore his being here is a bust, well, that is just dumb, but don’t go changing your near stellar record on being dumb now as a result…

:lol: redandwhite you were kind to the fella! :lol:

There seems to be a lot of dumb and dumber knocking the stamp receivers. Like I said it proves one thing. Jealousy of the receiving corps. :lol: :lol:

The only credit i will give ot the forzani group was for signing a franchise QB, bringing in an experienced head coach and installing field turf at McMahon Stadium.

[quote="redwhite2005"]:lol: redandwhite you were kind to the fella! :lol:

There seems to be a lot of dumb and dumber knocking the stamp receivers. Like I said it proves one thing. Jealousy of the receiving corps. :lol: :lol:[/quote

I have no jealousy.

Now jaman admit it your are jealous! Come on now just say it! :lol:

Matt D > Nik Lewis
Jason Armstead > Rambo
DJ Flick, Yoooooooooooooooooooooo! Murphy, Andy Fantuz > than whoever else you got, including Copeland, and Ralph