Where have 360k eyeballs gone?

CFL TV ratings have been in a freefall for this entire decade. The playoff and Greycup ratings this fall showed a marked improvement, so hopfully we can expect more of the same next season. The problem is, the ratings have fallen so badly, that it will take double digit increases for a few years to even approach where we used to be.
CFL ratings were very hard to come by this year. My best estimate is they were right around the 500k mark.
Looking back at this article is sad, because the CFL would kill for a 700k average now.
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/sports/cfls-slumping-ratings-cause-for-concern/article4183618/&ved=0ahUKEwjC8cOtsPvXAhUJwWMKHTZXAzwQFggxMAU&usg=AOvVaw0noaYrJgLF2P5VeMpvPCUQ&ampcf=1

A significant drop in TSN subscribers over the years due to cord cutting.

10 years ago, the league had it's last season with games on OTA.

There's the start of it.

Welcome back, bungle. Missed you. :slight_smile:

now are we talking about 360K individual eyeballs, or 180K pairs of eyes, or 360K pairs of eyes which would technically by 720K eyeballs

LOL!

...oops, you caught me, I posted that and then thought it was too stupid for public consumption...too late now...I figure there might be a few pirates out there watching...

I can delete it if you want.

I pictured a cyclops and it made me laugh.

your estimate -500,000 mark? - figures are out there and viewership is over 600,000 per week excluding streaming and ESPN.Commissioner also said something similar in his 2017 State of the League address. Here it is.

"Over 2.4 million fans watch our broadcast each week. One in three Canadians watch the Grey Cup. We are a top three sport entertainment property in Canada."

"With 25 million page views on CFL.ca, 20.7 million video views across CFL social media, 175,000 playing some form of CFL fantasy and 60,000 playing the new CFL frenzy mobile game and new and exciting in stadium spaces and experiences that make game day the best day"

600 would be better than 500 for sure. That is still 1 milloon pairs of eyeball short for the week, or 2 million individual eyes.?

If you are, who we think you are, you have been missed, you troublemaker. :wink:

It's quite possible that the losses in eyeballs watching cable have been gained in eyeballs watching TSN streams. As far as I know, the online viewership numbers are not posted.

We can only hope.

You are being too hard on yourself Red. EVM got 720. You came up with 721. Could it be that BraleyNTG accounts for the extra eyeball. He does have "an eye" for things many of us mortals miss.

I agree. I enjoyed R&W's post as well.

No, he hasn’t

LOL! I have missed him. :slight_smile:

Who?

A suave, handsome devil named Bungle.

Bungle once prowled these territories. Like a cat ready to strike, he was a brute!!! He hated David Braley and obsessed over the CFL's attendance and TV numbers.

Sound like anyone you know?

At first I was not sure. Now I am convinced.

Heees baaaaack.

Newbies fasten your seat belts and get ready.

The off season is about to get interesting and entertaining.

sounds like Braley'sBladder to me.