Where are Fred's partners ? Where is the 100million $ Man?

Puff the Magic Dragon -

enought of the bob bashing :smiley:
Cohon making calls to top federal ministers two days before the rumor the funding would be pulled is interesting too. Cant wait to see what those calls were for.
shady, shady…

[url=http://www.thespec.com/news/article/248714--cfl-lobbied-ottawa-last-week]http://www.thespec.com/news/article/248 ... -last-week[/url]
CFL lobbied Ottawa last week

The Canadian Football League was privately lobbying federal cabinet ministers during last week’s public upheaval over funding and placement of Hamilton’s Pan Am stadium.

All the ministers involved say there was no discussion about Hamilton or a stadium.

Records filed by CFL commissioner Mark Cohon – and made public on Ottawa’s lobbying registry - show the league communicated with Minister of State for sport Gary Lunn twice on August 3, two days before news broke that indicated the federal government was opposed to building a stadium on a West Harbour site that the Tiger-Cats would not endorse.

At that time, the city was studying the Ti-Cats’ preferred site on the East Mountain, but the football club has since said it is not going to play in Hamilton after 2011.

A spokesperson in Lunn’s office said one communication was related to the Grey Cup over the next three years but could not explain why there were two communications between the CFL and the minister of state on the same day.

The lobbying documents show the league also communicated with Minister of Finance Jim Flaherty on Aug. 3 and on Monday with Cabinet Minister Peter MacKay, who is minister of defence but also the senior minister from the maritimes, where the CFL has shown interest in expanding.

The documents do not establish who made the communications, or what form they took, only that they were direct to the ministers. The lobbying registry also does not detail the nature of the contact, except that it concerned “sports? in the case of all three ministers.

The CFL also had contact with Flaherty in June regarding a long list of items that included sport, tourism, industry, regional development and infrastructure.

The Spectator has asked the CFL and each minister’s office to provide more details of the behind-closed-doors communications.

What’s shady about lobbying? It happens everyday. Are you accussing the head of the CFL of being shady?

Ockham, it’s best to just ignore everything Beetlejuice has to say. I’ve blocked him so I don’t have to read his anti-Bob Young drivel anymore.

I'm glad to see the league is finally making a case for itself with the government, it was a long time in coming.

That coming from the person who thinks capitalism is government funding private business with taxpayers dollars.
Back to civic class for you!!

Oh I know, its not as shady as a mayor or a councillor who answers his phone when businesses call looking to invest in his city. He shouldnt take any calls until the company that pulled out of all negotiations finds his number again. :thup:

You’re right. Chalk it up to a momentary lapse of judgement.

You doubt Fred Flintstone?

This league is so important to the fabric of Canadian culture, sporting culture, the phone should be directly connected to the PM's office 24/7, 365 days a year IMHO. :wink:

Actually I'm being serious when I think about it.