When will Iain Fleming become a starter?

After watching Andy Fantuz play so well this season, I cannot help but wonder when the Ticats' own young Canadian receiver, Iain Fleming, will be considered good enough to start. Mike Morreale was still ahead of him on the depth chart last year. Will Fleming amount to more than a backup?
I realize he is not that old, but he's been in the league a few years now.

Does anyone think we will see a lot more of him next season?

Never !!

He lucky to be a roll Player
Andy has more Tallent..

I'm glad we have folks like OnKnight judging our depth before it has the opportunity to perform.

Edit: having said that, there is a difference between Fantuz (record breaker) and Iain Flemming.

Pseudo,
I bet you a Beer next season
Iain Flemming will be Cut or on Practice Roster again next Season..

He was lucky to made the Practice Roster.
If He is so Good
Why did no team pick him off the the Practice Roster last season?

Wow Onknight, interesting bet...

I think he'll be around next season.

I agree he'll be around and I hope to see him in there more.
Fantuz really blossomed quickly on the prairies this year though!Wow love to see him in black and gold.

Why did no team pick him off the the Practice Roster last season?
LOYALTY to MM.

Peace.

Edmonton Montreal and Saskatchewan and Toronto
have Potch Players off Practice Rosters…

Either Fleming has what it takes, to play slot in the cfl or he doesnt, imo ticats should draft a HomeTown slotback who can fill Rockie Depietro,s shoes. i would hope the Ticats scouts are on the ball.! :cowboy:

Either Fleming has what it takes, to play slot in the cfl or he doesnt, imo ticats should draft a HomeTown slotback who can fill Rockie Depietro,s shoes. i would hope the Ticats scouts are on the ball.!

Funny thing is we have what you want but we do not use him, MM

MM is in his mid-30s, we have to find a replacement. Also, judging by the personel decisions Marshal made last year (Martin) Im not convinced that Flemming not playing is telling of his abilities

Edit: also, I'll take you up on that bet.

John Behe? Jabari Arthur?

I think he'll become a starter when he's given a chance. If he isn't given a chance next year, I hope he catches on with another team. It's too bad our coaching staff the last couple years hasn't understood a thing about football.

As soon as he beats a starter out. You can't give anyone a starting position until they earn it in a real game situation.

I strongly suspect that Fleming (like Cox, Dunbrack, Aidoo and Boreham, and the list goes on and on) are all Greg Marshall "player personnel" mistakes, and they will be swept out of town by the next coach soon enough.

How about Chris Bauman from the University of Regina. Put a few more pounds on him and he might be a potential Rocky in the making. He’s 6’5" 215lbs and lead the CIS in yardage (923) and in TD’s for a reciever (10) and had a great yards/catch average of 21.9 in the 2006 season.

Hey TCTD, MacCat et al what do think of this guy as a potential Cat draftpick?

Good suggestion, Fumbleroski.

An excellent Canadian receiver with size is one of the Ticats' major needs. Mike Morreale and Iain Fleming will undoubtedly have some competition at the Ticat training camp in 2007.

As you noted, Chris Bauman had a breakout year in the CIS in 2006. One would guess that he will be invited to the 2007 CFL Evaluation Camp and the scouts will have a good look at him.

In NCAA football, Canadian wide receiver Jabari Arthur (6'4", 220 lbs) has had a fine junior year with Akron. He has 45 catches for 730 yards with 4 touchdowns and a 16.22 yards per catch average.

One advantage for Bauman is that he would be available to play CFL football in 2007. Arthur needs to finish his NCAA senior year in 2007 and, if he continues to play well, he might end up at an NFL training camp as a draftee or free agent in 2008. Therefore, a CFL team drafting Arthur might not see him until September, 2008, if at all.