When Is A Concussion Not A Concussion

Missed this when Gary Lawless posted this to TSN.ca. Old news but I got a good laugh out of the highlighted portion

[i]When is a concussion not a concussion?

Wide receiver Duron Carter says he has headaches and couldn’t sit through a movie during the Montreal Alouettes off week. He says he’s undergoing the CFL concussion protocol.

Head coach and general manager Jim Popp says Carter is not in concussion protocol but is being treated for headaches. Popp said Carter had no symptoms following the Alouettes game against the Ottawa RedBlacks in Week 2, but did develop a headache the next week.

He’s not in concussion protocol. He hasn’t been diagnosed with a concussion. He’s being treated for a headache. He’s being treated in a protocol manner but not because he has a concussion,? Popp told reporters on Monday.

On Tuesday Popp told TSN the medical staff in Montreal was being cautious Carter but reiterated that he had never been diagnosed with a concussion.

Carter took part in Tuesday’s practice and is expected to play when the Alouettes host the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Friday.

Carter is appealing a one-game suspension for bumping RedBlacks head coach Rick Campbell. He suffered a hit to the head on the previous play and may be investigating using loss of impulse control as a result of brain trauma as the basis of his appeal
[/i]

Maybe it was Popp who had the concussion all along. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe Popp's hat was on too tight on that swollen head of his , it's no wonder he threw it on the field last game......It was obviously cutting off the circulation to his brain. On another note I'm kinda surprised that not one Al's fan has commented so far on the fact that Jimbo had the gall to step out onto the field so blatantly in that game with no regards whatsoever to the rules about where coaches should and should not be.
It did though warm my heart to see that lovely boy Duran playing after that vicious and blatant attack by that thug coach Campbell who never,never, should have been on the field in the first place. :roll: :cowboy:

That's easy.

It's a concussion for the purposes of overturning a suspension.

It's not a concussion for the purposes of concussion protocol, player safety, or game day lineup decisions.

And yes, I too am baffled that Popp wasn't fined for being on the field WHERE HE ABSOLUTELY IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE ACCORDING TO THE RULES! No flag was thrown, either! What is this flagrant bias against Ottawa being shown by the CFL and the officials, and why are Als fans not standing up to blast that evil Popp for being in a spot where a hapless player might accidentally run into him?

I didn't want to start yet another Campbell vs Carter thread, just found Popp's comments hilarious and I hadn't read them before.

Still think it was Popp who had the concussion. He's so fragile he got it from just watching Carter get hit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

[i]So it wasn't enough for you cry babies to repeat yourselves like a broken record in the Duron Carter thread. You had to start a new thread to regurgitate the same arguments :roll:

Get over it drama queens! :cowboy: [/i]

Hey Johnny, do me the courtesy of reading my posts before you accuse me of things I haven't done.

[i][b]I didn't want to start yet another Campbell vs Carter thread, just found Popp's comments hilarious and I hadn't read them before.

Still think it was Popp who had the concussion. He's so fragile he got it from just watching Carter get hit. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/b][/i]

Thought you had a little more class than the common troll but apparently not. Get over yourself cry baby. :roll:

Bla Bla blabbety Bla :roll:

I really don't know what gave you that impression. He's the biggest troll here.

In a few weeks when the suspension is tossed out. You guys can start another one.