Whatt to do with this team - Place ideas here

1. They cannot afford to go with 3 american offensive lineman with Cavka playing guard as there is too great of a need in other areas for imports.
    They need to let Dyakowski and Gagne-Marcoux ( when he comes back ) handle that spot as they are both very highly rated high first round draft picks and should be utilized .

2. They need to continue to develop their young recievers who look like they can become solid players by next year ( Mitchell , Baumann , Cohen , Rodriguez ) and hopefully Gregoire coming back from the NFL . I think this group can develop into a solid recieving corps by next year if they stick with them .

3. I think the offensive co-ordinator is good enough we just need Lumsden to stay healthy and the recievers to get used to the CFL and Printers. I can see Miles and Baumann are almost there and Mitchell is coming along . Woodcock has done well also .

4. We need to bring in some Defensive Tackles . NML is a keeper at one end as it is so hard to find a canadian this good at rushing the passer . Aside from that the only player that has shown anything is Patrick. Lewis has got to go and Keith needs a chance to see if he can get back to last years potential .Adams is a question ? We need a good run stuffer in the middle .

5. Linebackers . mariuz is ok as a backup but he is too small and not strong enough or fast enough to handle a running back like Reynolds or Robers coming out of the back field with blocking. The perfect player for this position was Armour and we let him go so we need an Armour type player there that can fight off blocks and punish the running backs and put fear in them . Knowlton seems ok in his spot and of course Moreno belongs where he is . If he ever left the other team would be getting 10 yars per carry .

5 Defensive Backs . Right now Gordon looks like the weak spot that teams pick on . Thompson and Bradley have been good and Robinson OK . Glasper has done nothing and BEVERIDGE has been brutal when coming in for passing downs . We simply need to get rid of Beveridge as he has had hs chance to shine and done nothing . This are is in reasonable shape especially since we have Barker as a future safety . Just a note did anyone notice the calgary DB's # 27 Browner and # 19 Bannister ..those guys are good , big and intimidating

So , the areas that need immediate attention are :

1. Defensive Co-ordination . Less zone defence and more pass rush and not having Beveridge come in for 2knd and long. Also calgary we always one step ahead of the defence . If NML rushes wide they go up the middle ..

2. PASS RUSH . We need a 4 man pass rush . Let's bring in some more candidates at DT and give Keith a bit more time at DE

3. Run defence . We need a run stopper on the dline in the middle and we don't have it now . A player like Mitchel Price was or Belli in the middle . Of course we need a stronger outside linebacker than MARIUZ ..they might give COE a look . One benefit of replacing mariuz with a tough american linebacker is that when it is 2knd and more than 5 yards and they take out the linebacker for an extra db then they can use mays (import) instead of beveridge ..

4. A new corner back replacing Gordon as he was not do great last year either and consider being gone with Glasper and lookat MAYS for now ?

8) So in other words, as you suggest, we have to keep the revolving door of new players coming in wide open !! According to you, we need at least 6 or 7 player changes still to turn this team around !!!
I think the main problem with some of our personnel, is that they were vastly over rated, and we did not get good enough players to compete in this league.  At least D Lineman for sure !!!

Our only hope at getting better replacements now will be the quality NFL cuts after Labour Day !!!

I think that 6 players to make this a good team isn't out of the question at all.

I think our starting front four should have Dickerson and NML on ends, and Patrick and Adams at DT. Adams leads our team in sacks and Patrick had 2 sacks from the DT position last game. NML lead our team in sacks last year, and Dickerson has gotten some good pressure and is good against the run. I feel this combination will be the most productive.

We've got to keep Cavka on the O-line on a permanent basis.

Our most pressing need is on the defensive front.

The problem with this team lies on the defensive side of the ball.

We can score points (minus the turnovers which can be corrected)...we just don't seem to be able to stop anyone.

I think Winnipeg had a good idea when the players met with the coaches and were able to tell them the types of plays and routes they felt strongest running. I believe it would help get the coaches and players on the same page and open things up a bit.

Obie has to send out the call for some tough kick ass DTs…ASAP or Defense has to buy us some time.

Tough kick ass anything would be good right now. Ticats always had a couple big bangers on d that other teams feared. receivers used to get sick thinking of going across the middle with Hitchcock there. That was one thing that the cats always brought and its lacking now. The d needs to start to dole out pain. I am not talking dirty play but punishment, tough yards and players knowing they will take lumps coming in here to play. One big hit can change a game. I know there are big hits still but its not the same, its a mindset.......you might gain yards but you will feel it.

One thing that bothers me the most is throught the year as I was paying of my seasons I kept telling the brass in the office whats new with the the defensive side? They brushed it off everytime like we didnt need any help! Its pretty scary how bad we are on defence and the fact that we could of done something about it. Sigh.........

In retrospect, we probably should have gone after some Offensive linement in the CFL draft, because some of ours are really offensive.
I see Woodard constantly getting beat, or called for holding penalties.
If u r paying a Q/B $500Gs a year, you better get him some protection.
Ticat brass thought we had a good enough offensive line, but I tend to dis-agree.
Printers is always running for his life...
Just my view, after watching the Calgary game on TSN.CA.

:thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

Eagle wrote,

In retrospect, we probably should have gone after some Offensive linement in the CFL draft, because some of ours are really offensive.
I see Woodard constantly getting beat, or called for holding penalties.
If u r paying a Q/B $500Gs a year, you better get him some protection.
Ticat brass thought we had a good enough offensive line, but I tend to dis-agree.
Printers is always running for his life...
Just my view, after watching the Calgary game on TSN.CA.

I think our offensive line is pretty good. After all, we lead the league in rushing yards. They must be doing something right.

Printers is a scrambling quarterback.

For the most part with the exception of the Calgary game. The offensive line has protected Printers. Against, Calgary we just got our butts kicked all around. Plain and simple.

The defense has been a problem for years. They give up too many yards, too many points and seldom give the offense good field position.

We need an agressive cover type defense, one that can actually stop the opponents inside the red zone. Surely there are better players out there than we have.

Tim Coefield, Grover Covington, Rod Skillman, Angelo Moska, Mike Philbrick, Joe Monford guys who could bring it. Coefield at one corner and Monford on the other. Obie

• we need the Cameron Wakes of this league in Hamilton ASAP.
Surely there are better players out there than we have.
8) Surely there are, but we surely haven't found them as of yet !!!! :roll: