What's wrong with the Lions????????????????

Turkey is abviously very insecure about the hapless Riders and their clinging to the season with outstretched fingernails. You're right Deb, the Lions won 5 in a row and then lost one stinker. This thread should be about the Grumpriders and their pathetic record down the stretch. Watch Calgary run roughshod on them today and the excuses will come aplenty.

We shall see how BC does in Commonwealth next week. It just may be that the Lions might be in the basement, which is where they were a few weeks ago, with a trip to Winnipeg in the offing.... :lol:

[/quote]
We shall see how BC does in Commonwealth next week. It just may be that the Lions might be in the basement, which is where they were a few weeks ago, with a trip to Winnipeg in the offing.... :lol:
[/quote]
We'll be fine. Wallys is the man and will get us ready. The "Rice Krispies" (that stands for snap, crackle and pop :stuck_out_tongue: ) roughriders on the otherhand are short on talent and long on denial of the season slip sliding away.

BC is the resident cellar dweller......they cant slide any farther....

hmmm... who would you rather be? A 9-6 team that has won the last 5 of 6 or a 9-6 team that has lost the last 5 of 6. You will lose today you know that right?

I will lose?
How?
I am not even playing today!

Bottom line
BC=Cellar dweller!

It's amazing. Even after all this time, Turkey can still strike a chord with certain people...

Uh, we have the same number of wins as you?

So don't blow your horn too loud...remember, you're in the Easy. I mean East.

...uh, I think ro's point is that he's not playing football today...

I know what ro meant....I don't care that he doesn't use "my" or "we're"....I feel committed enough to MY team to call them that. True fans get passionate about it.

True fans don't have to call themselves true fans...

Don't have to, but also aren't afraid to.

AS I continue to say.....Those who have nothing else say, "WE WON"!

Yeah, and we've said that just as many times as you have this season.

It's easy to be on top of a division where you're the only team who's won more games than they've lost.

I'm sorry, Deb, but anyone who calls himself (or herself) a true fan is pretty damn lame. I mean, what are the qualifications for being a true fan? Or is it just something you're born with?

That's your opinion, but I don't share it.

She pretty much thrusted the "true fan" label upon herself, but I wonder if she will live up to the billing when her team is watching the GC game from Vancouver...

IMHO, you're either a fan or not. True is just another adjective like "short" or "happy". Maybe I'm being too black and white. :smiley:

So does that mean a large number of Rider fans aren't true fans? hehe :smiley:

Dam I am gone for a week and now we are defining fans.

the ‘act’ of being a ‘true’ fan was defined in a comment as one who sticks by a club through their highs and lows. I certainly have no arguments with that - fanaticism requires that you stick to your beliefs through thick and thin.

You don’t go to the stadium and watch the games, do you? You can’t be a true fan, no.

It is as if being a ‘true fan’ means that you have to be a specific type of person - the ones who scream their hearts out at every game they can go and watch, the ones who have shed blood for the club while brawling with opposition fans in bars and alleys, the ones who are accepted by other fans as ‘true’ fans, ones who live in the same city.

There are a lot of warped definitions, but the only one I can really agree with is this one:

A true fan is one who supports his team through thick and thin, no matter where he is or what he does.

If you fit above I guess your a true fan!