WHATS WRONG WITH THE ARGOS: AGING QB AND SOFT 'D'

Trying to review the last several games and especially the second half. Its apparent how Damon unfortunately has been showing his age. Unable to hit the open receiver on several occasions including today and especially the mid route, 15-20 yard throws. He is dropping back in the pocket and hasnt shown the mobility or the flashes seen earlier this season. Meanwhile, last game against the Gades the running game featured Millington up the middle and Avery with flashes through the tackles. Today there was a little bit of the latter, while Millington had one carry. I am again starting to question Austin as the OD and the game plan, its like they are making up as they go along.
As for the Defense, the linet appears old and unable to stop the run. The Eskies took control with the last drive and took 4:40 off the clock. While the DB's are playing way too soft and made it easy for the Esks to hit the underneath stuff open all game long.

Wow they sure did not show up did they! Linebackers were weak!

Maybe you guys need Khari Jones? As far as soft D goes well the Argos are the dirtiest D in the league who take guys out for pleasure. Nealon Greene last year, KK 3 weeks ago etc.

Of course Austin is the OC not OD. I am afraid Khari is done, I would prefer Michael Bishop and or Casey Printers for next year.

In that case I'd stick with Bishop. After all who got you guys into the playoffs last year when Allen was down? I still say Bishop is an under-rated QB.

I think it would be a good idea for the argos, or for the als to pick up khari jones this year as a security blanket in case
Allen or Calvillo get injured in the playoffs.

I agree with you UR, he has the best arm in football and is a very good runner. As for that knock against him for not reading the "D", I think that is grossly overrated. In any event as a 28 year old, his turn has come.

1. DAMON…was 300+ yards passing , 1 TD and 1 very questionible interception.

Was ALLEN , responsible for 3 of the OTHER ARGO turn overs?

1. The score was 17 to 13 , hardly a blow out.

2. EDMONTON, had already lost to us , and they just got killed by HAMILTON.

3. I guess B.C. , the ARGOS are done. YA! RIGHT!

4. The ARGOS , are still in 1st tied with MONTREAL IN THE TOUGHER DIVISION , the EAST. :wink:

The ARGOS play WIN. next who won today. MONTREAL plays B.C. next with PRINTERS starting…RELAX!!!

Argos and Fumbleitis:
Robert Baker cost us the game with that fumble of his.We would have been down at the Eskimos 35 yard line if Baker hadn't fumbled the ball.He carried that ball like a loaf of bread and you can't do that and not have it knocked out of your hand.
I hope that Kent Austin read him the riot act!.

How many games did Baker win for the Argos?

1. The score was 17 to 13 , hardly a blow out.
    Would have bee 24-13 at the end there if the Esks didn't pull an NFL. I poor game by both teams really with the Argos playing the worst.

2. EDMONTON, had already lost to us , and they just got killed by HAMILTON.
    Can't argue that, Edmonton did nothing through the air in this game. If they rely on Davis again next week in Edmonton they are finished.

3. I guess B.C. , the ARGOS are done. YA! RIGHT!
    BC is done, Argos are still ok I guess.

4. The ARGOS , are still in 1st tied with MONTREAL IN THE TOUGHER DIVISION , the EAST. :wink:
    Yeah but they have to beat Montreal or they in trouble.

The ARGOS play WIN. next who won today. MONTREAL plays B.C. next with PRINTERS starting.............RELAX!!!!!
Printers starting? Amounts to a Montreal blowout win LOL, and if Winnipeg carries the momentum it could be trouble for the Argos

I agree with you UR. I can easily see Montreal taking the east division.

Arfos got robbed in thisa game refs let them down they played well enough to win four fubbles made by by esks din't go there way Damon isn't warn out he is possibly the secondqb in the league next to printers even at his age. The argos d is not weak it's the style of the d cordinator. Argos got robbed by refs and lose game pour argos.

You think printers is the best qb this year? and that Allen is second? If I had to rank them I'd probably say:

1. Dickenson
  2. Ray
  3. Calvillo
  4. Glenn
  5. Allen
  6. Burris
  7. then Printers
    The way Printers has performed this year, I'll be surprised if he gets offered that much of a contract from anyone next year. Not just his descreased performance when compared to last year, but also his poor attitude towards his team, and the fans.

Don't forget Marcus Crandell. I'd put him between Calvillo and Glenn.

Don't worry Argo fans.We will be O.K.
Avery still has to go.
Austin shows his truer colors(Green and white).
Please get rid of these 2 people.
This is what is wrong with our team.
GO ARGOS GO!!!!

If you want to play that game. :wink:

ARGOS , had 1 TD called back , no end.

A no interfence call against EDMONTON...vs TORONTO. Ball, intercepted by Edmonton. :wink:

A non exsistant interference call against the ARGOS , placing the ball on the ARGO 1 after we had stopped them. :wink:

3 ARGO fumbles , in EDMONTON's RED ZONE.

You don't know if it have would have been an EDMONTON TD at the end. :wink:

WINNIPEG beating B.C. was a FLUKE , just like when HAMILTON beat , EDMONTON.

:wink:

The ARGOS should beat WINNIPEG and B.C. , should beat MONTREAL...we will see?

And just like the ARGOS beat EDMONTON at their house and visa versa.....we own MONTREAL a loss , in their house. :smiley:

The ARGOS and MONTREAL, are still tied for first in the EAST. :smiley:

have the ARGOS lost 2 games in a row this season?

Nobody wants Khari, he is fat head. who wants a QB with an overally fat head??????

Hellothere, I dont disagree with your post. But, these two teams, the Argos and the Als are going in the opposite direction. Likewise, Damon and the "D" are showing their age the last several games.

I will agree with you totally if WINNIPEG beats TORONTO....I still believe that the ARGOS will be O.K. and MONTREAL are past their best years. WE WILL SEE! :smiley:

The ARGOS have let to lose 2 games in a row this season , and our loss to EDMONTON , was certainly NOT ALLEN's fault. He was one of the few ARGOS , to play great. :smiley: