Whats with Peters picking on the Equipment manager?

Peters is now picking on the new Equipment manager. How low can this scumbag go?

Click Here

Also, whats with Peter implying it is some problem bringing in personnel from the Al's? Any time a coach is hired in any sport, the new guy will bring in familiar faces. Does he think the team is better off filling the open positions with fair representation of experience from every team in the league?

This guy is becoming the Spectator's answer to Marty York

I can't believe I am about to say this. Peters must be the only person with some sense here.
Would ou hire a 22 year old to run a manager position with a budget of $150,000 when he hasn't even had a single fulltime job?
I certianly wouldn't. And this is the point he is trying to make.
And this is the point he is trying to make. I atleast agree with you that IF the candidates are the best from the Als and are free, then we shoudl go for them.

"Would ou hire a 22 year old to run a manager position with a budget of $150,000 when he hasn't even had a single fulltime job?"

"I don't have issues with it. He (RJ) has done pretty much everything in Montreal. It's not like it's new to him," Desjardins said, adding he will assist his new hire with managing the equipment budget.

I have no problems with this at all...but problems with Peters is another story

Personally I don’t think it’s any of Ken’s business, as a $150,000 budget for whatever purpose or department in the organization is not information anyone needs to know…good on the 22 year old guy for snagging the job…he’s got from now until May to develop his own system and get himself up to speed…he’s probably got a good network of people to help him out the next four months.

Also, I think Ken might be suffering from a bit of PMS :lol: because that’s not the only article he wrote today that rips the team needlessly…Ken needs to find some new material right now for the upcoming season…not reliving the past…c’mon Ken, start digging at least and bring us some cool, fresh stuff…

click here

According to Peters article J.K. Ouellette has 20 years experience and is 32.

R.J. James the new equipment manager is a fossil by comparison

Mikey…I missed that article. So the Equip manager was mentioned twice today…I guess thats Peters way of welcoming…

* The club appears poised to hire Mike Working as the offensive co-ordinator notwithstanding Working boasts just one season of CFL experience and has no pro experience in the post.
I am assuming Peters has never been promoted to anything in his life or he just has a thing against it. I know it is not odd for people to be promoted to higher positions whether it be in business or sports.

Peter's whould have put this in his article...

*The Hamilton Spectator has assigned Ken Peters to write articles about the Hamilton Tiger-Cats NOTWITHSTANDING Peters is clueless and repeats the same lame phrases such as "Balsam Avenue Nrth bengel bunker" & "bench boss."

What the heck is wrong with a 22 year old equipment manager? Sounds like he's probably keen as hell and Marcel has faith in him. Its a great place to start in football management. Good luck to him and congratulations in joining what looks to be a growing first class organization.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

It's not like the the new equipment manager has no experience.

This, from the article:

"[i] The rub? James is just 22 and the Hamilton gig will be his first full-time job.

To be fair, James's father, Ronnie, has been the Montreal Alouettes equipment manager for the past 11 seasons and the son has served as a part-time summer assistant for the past several seasons.

"You prefer to have people around you who you are familiar with," the Cats GM explained this week.

But a 22-year-old with no previous experience as a full-time equipment manager?

"I don't have issues with it. He (RJ) has done pretty much everything in Montreal. It's not like it's new to him," Desjardins said, adding he will assist his new hire with managing the equipment budget.[/i]

Marcel knows the guy and you'd assume he knows what he's doing. It's "only" the equipment manager. I can't ever recall hearing or reading a story about a sports team's hiring of an equipment manger that was controversial.

What's the big deal?

Sheesh!

What does he have against a 22 year-old getting his first full-time job?

Personally I don't think it's any of Ken's business, as a $150,000 budget for whatever purpose or department in the organization is not information anyone needs to know

And not information that I care to know.

Re: "None of Ken's business/not information anyone needs to know"

Beg to differ this sort of general financial info, if accurate, informs the fans and season ticket holders where some of their money goes in addition to the ticket and concession price increases etc.and what some of the overhead the team carries.
Rare as hen's teeth that article actually offered some insight as to what goes on behind the scenes.

I kinda agree with you Zontar. Because if $150,000 goes into just equipment you can only imagine what it cost to support other aspects of the orgainzation.

But I dont think that was the purpose of why Peters brought up that figure. I think his intent was to establish a reason why a 22 yr. cant for some reason handle the Equipment manager position.

Really, this number means little to me, if it said $80,000 or $250,000, same to me, I know diddly about equipment costs and wouldn't know what to compare it to.
But I do agree that there may be some value in any information on any topic that interests fans of a team, and this is what a writer is supposed to do, find another aspect to write about for the fans.
Man, we really are suckers for practically any information out there, aren't we. :wink:
Agree with whoknows take on the purpose behind this information though.

You dont have to compare it to anything. I would think most if not all fans would agree 150,000 dollars is alot of money and equipment is but one fraction of an entire operation.

Who knows what Peters' motives are? With all of his articles you really,really have to concentrate and sift through the amateurish word play and clumsy attempts at humour and pickout meaningful info. Most of the time there is barely any.
He fluked one out with today's article.

Hey, whatever happened to the paying attention to the small things. They really matter.

Optics are important. Good on Ken Peters for exposing some behind the scenes things of this once mighty organization.

http://www3.telus.net/~argossuk/ticats/mickey.jpg

Speaking of the "small things" what's the budget for bathroom flowers?

Jake,

Thats a great picture of you with the Ticats mascots!

Headline: Jock-gate. Spectator uncovers team equipment management secrets :lol:

Investigative journalism at its finest! Or at least the finest we can get from the Spec.

It is interesting to know the team's budget, but if the guy can make sure all the jerseys are clean and there are enough pads to go around he's doing his job and it won't matter how old he is (not to belittle the actual job itself - I'm sure it's more complicated than that).

I wonder if these are the only stories Ken now has access to, after some of his prior work?

why was the last guy fired, and who fired him.

Did someone decide the equiptment guy was responsible for all that poor play by the team?

or was he fired to make room for the new kid?