what's the difference between...?

i created a whole new thread because this has been mentioned before-something many of us have apparently forgotten to ask ourselves in the wake of the DMAC thread.
i would like someone on here to answer this question for me.
WHAT IS HONESTLY THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN "INEXPERIENCED" DMAC,A FUTURE HALL-OF-FAME-QB,TAKING OVER AS HC AND AN INEXPERIENCED MICHAEL CLEMONS TAKING OVER THE ARGONAUTS MANY YEARS AGO?

when answering this question, please refer to argonauts' records in the previous 6 years.

this is the right move from all aspects of the organization. positive media for a change, fan rejuvenation and renewed trust in the HC position,
player response-it just all makes sense, now or in 9 weeks when the clock strikes 12 on the season.

CITYLEGEND

what says dmac even wants that job as a hc maybe he is content doing what he is doing. the biggest difference though is clemons took over a much much better team then the garbage dmac would take over. itd be setting him up for failure. just look how dunnigan suceeded in calgary

Very true. Pinball came into a stacked Argo team. Danny Mac (or anyone else) would be inheriting a team with so many holes, it’d give a piece of Swiss cheese a run for its money. I hope he’d be considered when it comes time to replace Taafe but I feel sorry for the guy who ‘wins’ this HC job.

An Argo-Cat fan

This year Obie HC DMAC his assistant next year Dmac as HC. MY 2 cents

Well DMAC is no PINBALL CLEMONS for one....Two different personalities...Two totally different people...

toronto also had an awesome defense under stubler and an offense that hasn't moved the ball in a few years

I'd rather see Dmac be the architect of the offense than the arcitecht of the whole thing.

Exactly! me too!

I think Danny McManus being around this year wiil gain him some valuable experience.

I wouldn't think he'd want it, nor would Obie.

Not fair to DMac.

Obie wanted his current job to be closer to his Oakville home to spend more time THERE with an ailing family member.

Really?

I, as a fan, would have absolutely no trust in someone with no coaching experience.

Don’t get me wrong. I think very highly of Danny as a person and was always a fan of his as a QB, but I have very little reason to trust him as a HC.

Given Charlie’s track record in Montreal I had fan rejuvenation and renewed trust in the HC position when he was hired here, but I’m still waiting this thing out. It’s moving forward, but I’m still not convinced ( yet) that it’s moving fast enough.