What's gonna happen when...

The Bombers haven't looked good with anyone at QB this year yet, is that a reflection of the QB's or of something else? When I look over the entire offense you can see the answer, 3 rookies on the oline, rookie RB, T Edwards has more experience than the rest of the Bomber receivers combined, OC with no prior CFL experience. Combine that with the injuries and schedule and it's no surprise the team has struggled. I don't think you can dump on the QB's at this stage of the season considering there are so many other factors plaguing this team right now.

Nobody is dumping on the QBs. I’m just opining that Winnipeg’s QB situation is probably not the envy of the rest of the league. :wink:

Touche.

It is a combination of things but look at Matthews and Simpson are rookies and playing well. There is a lack of talent and experience. There is not an offensive linesmen on that team that would start on most if not all the other teams, MAYBE January on a couple teams, maybe. Watson and Poblah same thing but they don’t have a choice. should not be starting same with Brinx and Elliot. I don’t give them great odds to turn it around this season.

Sheesh. Watson and Poblah??? Watson was like third as far as NI receivers in the league last season. Had a big game his first game back from injury this season. The jury is still out on Poblah; he’s basically in his rookie season. :roll:

I think he missed the part about half the starters are rookies.

So it would seem.

In any case I'm really looking forward to Thursday. Elliott's enthusiasm for the game and his vocal-ness (is that a word?) might just be the straw that stirs this rookie laden drink. These guys might just need a leader for starters and Joey does seem to have that personality. Fingers crossed.

Just once, I would like to see most of the starters play a full game, sounds like Logan and Suber are back on defence at least but now Mathews and Simpson are dinged......... :cry:

I wrote talent and EXPERIENCE. If Poblah was not a NI do you think he would still be starting ? He’s averaging 30 to 40 yards a game (I think he missed one or two). Watson has been injured this year so I take that back. On the oline there is a clear lack of talent Morley and experience Greaves, Swiston. Denemark has done next to nothing either. Some of that has to do with the QB not having time to get further than his 2nd read. There are really bright spots like Matthews and Simpson but they need more.

I thought Simpson practiced today?!? Pretty sure I heard both were expected to play on Thursday. But I’m with ya, the injuries have been rediculous this year.

It was pretty clear you were inferring they wouldn’t be starters on any other team. Poblah hasn’t put up big numbers, true, but he plays a position that doesn’t get a lot of passes thrown his way in this system. He is talented and very physical and time will prove that. Again, he was nine gamed twice last year. Still a rookie. Would he be the number one NI on other teams? No, but he isnt here either. Denmark has had a lot of big plays called back this year. And as you’re probably aware, has drawn a fair number of pi calls as well. Stats don’t always bear out the real story.

At this point in their career Is what I meant to say. I think the Bombers are building the right way. They just need to balance things a little better I think.

Too funny, Montreal fan coming on here and saying Watson wouldn't be a starter on most teams. Too funny.

With no disrespect intended, why is that opinion funny? I’m not saying I agree with the opinion, FWIW, but I’m just curious as to why you think it’s funny coming from a Montreal fan.

Jesus man, why can’t you let any topic go? This thread has gone in every direction. Claiming Watson would not be a starter is complete BS. He is one of the best Canadian SB’s in the league. Name me a team he does not start on? montreal maybe, because you guys haven’t had a canadian pass catcher for how long?
Maybe we need a seperate thread dedicated to Montreal fans to voice thier opinions of our team?

If you follow the Als, you know that we don’t start NI receivers unless they’re elite at the position. As in, we haven’t started a NI receiver since Ben Cahoon retired.

Do you even read my posts?

Not when they’re so unreasonably rancorous as your last few have been. Enjoy your day.

I don’t think he would start in BC,Hamilton,Montreal,Calgary, that leaves 3 teams…

Ratio aside. One of the best slotbacks ?CW had 790 yards of production last year with the lowest yards per catch (11) of any starting receiver in the league with meaningful play time. He is still growing and is promising but right now his production does not support your claim. Taking a quick look he ranks 12th or 13th at a position last seaon where there are 16 in the league and this season I think he’s been injured. 1000 yards from the position is what most people consider success. 1200 or more now your talking the best guys.

The fact you think he’s been injured says it all. He missed the first 4 games, so comparing his stats right now to others is pointless. He is on par with Getzlaf, as one of the best NI SB’s, and you can’t put the ratio aside - this is the CFL. He is our SJ Green. He WILL be a 1000 yarder, should have been this year.