whats going on!?

I know that Montreal has an explosive offense to go along with an above average defence, but that is the same for Calgary. We have nearly the same team as last year, when we dominated the league and won the grey cup. Now we are struggling to beat teams like Hamilton. We have not scored a touchdown in 9 quarters of football i beleive. Henry is playin horrible, but the blame obviously cannot fall entirely on him. Receives don't seem to run 100%, the defense seems to let the other team get behind them. can you imagine what it would have been like if cobourne was playing. we cannot let this season slip away from us. This team is too good. Huffnagel is the best coach in this league IMO and needs to have more influence over the offensive play calling. cortez, for some reason seems to be getting away from what was successful last year and its obviously not working. Im not sure what solution there is to this. but we need to find it quick, we cant win many games with just field goals...unless we play the cats the rest of the season lol

Well, yes and no.

You can have an explosive offence, but with Rambo and Thelwell gone, and with Burris playing sub-par, you aren’t as explosive as you were.

I disagree that you have an above average defence, however.

The D Line is very, very good.

The linebacking is adequate to mediocre. . . and the secondary is not particularly good, when compared to other teams in the league.

To right your ship, I’d be working on the defence first.

the loss of ken-yon is hard but not the end of the season and thelwell was a backup lol and we got some decent receivers in their absence but your right burris is horrible right now and the secondary imo is on par with teams like montreal and ssk...well maybe not ssk but i beleive they and winnipeg have the two best defensive secondaries in the league. but montreal doesnt have a magnificent set. for every player on montreal there is a similair one on calgary...other than chip cox right now who is leading that defense of montreal. but these games should be close...unfourtantly they are not...and i personally beleive that if burris and lewis are playing 100% that defense is fine. its when they play 40 of the 60 minutes that they start to slip

I won’t argue that Saskatchewan and Winnipeg have excellent secondaries. . . that said, I do believe that Montreal’s secondary is superior to Calgary’s.

The Als have Sanchez and Estelle on the corners; Jerald Brown and Billy Parker at HB (both rookies, but Brown is defensive player of the week this week, and these 2 rookies have played so well that Stanford Samuels hasn’t gotten into a game this year, and Randee Drew couldn’t even keep a roster spot and is now in Edmonton); and either Boulay or Proulx at safety.

I believe that to be a superior secondary to what the Stamps have; we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

And Chip Cox isn’t in the secondary, he is playing Linebacker this year.

never said he was in the secondary but he is your best defensive player as far as im concerned and we have browner anderson and a couple rookies one of who was defensive player last week and collins and lysak at safety so like i said i feel they are quite similiar but either way we should be spanking hamilton, having good games with you guys, and be in first in the west. but thats not happening cause of poor individual preformances

Close. . . I think Boulay/Proulx vs. Collins/Lysack at safety is pretty much a wash.

And. . . even if we say that Calgary's 2 rookie HBs are roughly even with Montreal's two. . . that still leaves the corners, and I'd take Sanchez and Estelle over Anderson (undisciplined) and Browner (too much of a gambler and too many penalties) any day.

But jakob allow me to say it's a pleasure to discuss football with you. . . we stick to the topic and no puerile name-calling. Congrats.

agreed theres too much of that on here

but i do like browners size and andersons physical play but thats just me lol you are right about the discipline issue

This should be used as a model for a football discussion. Two guy respectfully giving their opinions. Well done gentlemen.

well thankyou :smiley: lol and WICKED game btw today. i cant think of a better ending for two teams so evenly matched. it is suiting that we share first as i think both teams are nearly on par with each other! exciting finish too :stuck_out_tongue:

WHOA WHOA WHOA! Hamilton Has beat every team in the CFL Excluding MTL! Hamilton is not a horrible team. I do believe if we had Glenn in from Day one our record would be better then it stands now! It seems with Hamilton its the O is doing very well or the D! I Do believe Calgary is the best in the west as it stands! and it will show when crunch time comes!

Burris is the problem. They should start either Barrick NEALY or Tate who looked good.

Quite frankly Burris is terrible. IMO he is one of the worst professional QB's playing football. He has tunnel vision, gets rattled very easily, has no touch at all on any pass. Burris cannot read a Defense to save his life.

Burris was garbage when HIGGINS was there and is being saved by Huffnagel who runs plays that are wide open and any QB can throw because there are very few reads. CGY runs the offense where the throws are no brainers and still Burris cant make half the throws---

Burris won a grey cup throwing 3 yard passes and handing the ball of to Joffrey REYNOLDS and relying on a strong defense--

Burris owns the worst completions and QB rating in NFL history when he started a game for the BEARS vs Tampa BAY BUCS--

After the game the Bears sent him packing home..

Burris is your problem, this whole season he has PUT UP ALL HIS PASSING NUMBERS vs EDMONTON- HE dominates Edmonton because they are the biggest joke on DEFENSE in the CFL and have jim DALEY--

I am shocked that Burris can even throw for even 150 yards vs Toronto or Hamilton or any team due to his lack of football knowledge and tunnel vision..

Nor surprised at all that Burris could throw for 15 yards in a half.

Oh I forgot he could just do what he always does and just throw the ball deep for Copeland and rely on COPELAND to make a circus catch and bail him out.

...you need to see your doctor about upping your meds, clearly you're delusional and shouldn't be operating any large machinery (combines/tractors/grain trucks, etc.).....

first off i would like to apologize to Cat_n_Pac...i think that was your username...for the hamilton reference. you are right your team this year is like night and day to the last few. but still...this team in calgary is not playing the quality of football that they should be playing. as for the cobra guy again...im not sure how some team doesnt pick him up as a strategist :roll: burris is far from the worst qb in professional football...you are using his VERY FIRST PRO FOOTBALL START for a shitty offensive bears team at the time. also, he cant read defenses? did you not watch the grey cup last year? henry and ken-yon would hook up for long passes constantly. how about the west final against bc. all season? burris is not bad at reading defenses. recently its our receivers that are not playing for him. sometimes you make not bad comments but you are extremely wrong on this one lol

Pssst…Hamilton hasn’t beat SSK this year…yet… :wink:

haha YET when they do play next im deff cheering on the cats lol :lol:

OHH YAH!!! hahahahah Them to!:P. Made an incredible comeback tho! As for the guy ripping apart Burris! If you could tell me where you get Ur drugs, id greatly appreciate that! Seems like you are tripping out!

AS MUCH AS EVERYONE IN THE ENGLISH SPEAKING WORLD ('CEPT CALGARY FANS) HATES CALGARY WE HAVE TO ADMIT THEY ARE A GOOD TEAM AGAIN THIS year… WELL …STRUGGLES OR NOT… GOOD GAME TO BEAT THE ESKS TONIGHT…(HUGE SURPRISE THERE)…lol…they are a TOUGH TEAM WHEN THEY ARE HOT…BEEN KINDA HOT & COLD THIS YEAR, STILL , THEY WILL END UP IN FIRST THIS YEAR… GOOD FOR THEM (HEY IT’S STILL AN ALBERTA TEAM ) :slight_smile:…THAT BEING SAID… THERE IS A CURSE IT SEEMS ON THE TEAMS HOSTING THE GREY CUP… THEY SELDOM WIN… I KNOW MY ESKS ARE PROBABLY DONE FOR THE SEASON… CROSS OVER OR NOT LOL… I WISH THE
STAMPS LUCK …BUT TO BE HONEST… DONT WANNA SEE THEM REPEAT EITHER… I GUESS IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT I’LL HAVE TO CHEER FOR THE AL’S ON GREY CUP DAY…OMFG I’M SICK JUST THINKING ABOUT THAT… :x :frowning: :frowning: :x :x :thdn: :thdn: …ANYWAY… GOOD WIN FOR COWTOWN TONIGHT… CONGRATS…