Whats going on with Tickets

I just went and looked at tickets and if u look at the cheeper seats they are selling out better, so thats good!

Habs fans are bandwaggon riders also. They're the same fans that loved Theodore and called Gretzky anti-francophone cause Theo wasn't on Team Canada, then they're the same people who drove Theodore out of town claiming to never like him.

As for the East Final, it is completely embarassing. :oops:

Ummm they arnt bandwaggon jumpers they are just hard on there team as we should be if ur not winning YOUR NOT DOING YOUR JOB! if ur not going ur job what happens U GET FIRED!
and FYI i dont know when ur talking about cuz Theodore was on Team Canada in 2004 so i would love to see that quote

Booing someone based on their performance is one thing, selling out a player is another. I understand a lot of it is media, but WHY won’t big names sign here? Why is it they are offered big salaries to play here, but take pay cuts to play somewhere else? The pressure by the fans. If you don’t think Montreal sports fans are bandwaggon riders, you are definately 100% Bleu Blanc Rouge. Nothing wrong with that, they just don’t see what every other fans see in them.

Here is I guess the latest.
A definite tough sell, so much so that Larry Smith will not say how many are sold at present time.
Surely the Als can get 50,000 rabid fans with the GC win all but assured.

[url=http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/sports/story.html?id=7a64ca15-6803-49de-b879-2a960100efbc]http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/n ... 960100efbc[/url]

i am not gonna get into about montreal fans because i think most of it is obvious. there is a select amount direhard dedicated and the rest, well are the rest. (i am mostly talking about the alouettes and the expos, the habs are like an institute in canada) i would say the reason why players don't want to play for the habs in part is because of the media is way too intense and tough on the team and the language issue. how many times has the media got on Koivu about his french? every year they harass him about it.

as for the original idea of this post, hg_robs said that the cheap seats are elling a little better. so i guess the theory of tickets prices may be true.

Unfortunately since I think football is a better game than hockey as a spectator sport, true, the Canadiens are the no. 1 team in Montreal bar none.
But I thought Montreal with so many ethnic groups and the fact it is probably more English than any other city, would be past this language thingy. If I was Koivu, I'd tell them to talk about hockey, not what language I speak. I wouldn't want to play in that environment either although the Habs are my favourite team. But Montreal, don't be so provincial, don't you know, French is a language on the way out from what I hear, it's not an important language worldwide any longer. The sooner they realize that in Quebec, the better off they will be and start making the province English as the language of business etc. Seriously, the writing is on the wall for French in Canada I think.

hold on there Earl! i think you are rambling here. french in quebec is as strong as it ever has been and that is why there has not been any referendum talk in the last while. the quebecois are presently happy with the way their language is being handled and that is a good thing. remember this topic is about ticket sales.

He wasn’t on the 2002 Winter Olympics team, when he was having a career year, and because he wasn’t on invited, the only reason people came up with, was Gretzky was anti-francophone, even though our star goalie was one. And how am I suppose to quote what I’ve heard on radios and streets?

Plain and simple, I do not the Big O.
Further from the playing field, lousy acostics, the sound is muffled, last year waited 20 minutes in line for a hotdog and then they had none left.
This is not a good stadium except for the Als doubling in the revenue. Ask the Expos fans.
Many Als season ticket holders feel the same.
Its time to expand our outdoor Molson stadium.

I'm sorry if I offended any Habs fans, I just giving my opinion.

As for the Big-Owe, I honestly don't have a problem with it. For me anyways, it's conveniant for me to jump on a Metro, and get off in the Stadium. I also have excellent seats, so again I can't complain. I think eventually we'll get over the 30,000 mark, when we know who we are playing against in the Conference Final. Hopefully...

Yes, topic is about tickets, my bad. But we all have different ideas about language in Canada and how it will play out in the long run.

Als fans should be filling the O and the Als should be making ticket costs lower for this game to make sure they fill it. If the O is full for the east final then its a sure win for the team and a Grey Cup birth. Are the fans and team forgetting that the team has to WIN the east final before they can see the Als in the cup.

Anyway.. I predict the cup will be Als vs. Lions.

besides the ticket prices, i think you maybe right in that the alouettes fans think they may already be in the cup and that the east final is a lock and there is no need to go. this makes some sense.

i would love to see a calgary/edmonton grey cup. that would be crazy. the huge rivalry between those 2 teams would blow the top off the 1.5 billion dollar big o. kinda like the grey cup from last year between labour day rivals saskatchewan and winnipeg.

The Als will lose this game, it'll be an all-west final, Als don't have the guts to do the job. :rockin:

Earl you are a very little man.

Earl you are an ignorant

Hey Earl there is a world outside your little neighbourhood.

http://www.photius.com/rankings/languages2.html

Ok, ok Doc, look, I love the French language, my ex is from Gaspe and first language French and my current a Franco-Ontarian from Ottawa. I can't speak French that well but as I say, I do love the language. And yes, Quebec should fight to keep the language going if that's what they want because to keep it going, they will have to fight in this sea of English and other languages in Canada and North America.

I am allowed, though, to think that French will ultimately become less important in Canada as Canada becomes more mult-ethnically diverse and English so dominant. Just my opinion, doesn't make me small or ignorant, just my opinion, albeit uneducated one.

In terms of the Als winning, I think they've got their work cut out for them agains't an Eskimos squad that looks darn good and I'm not sure the Als have what it takes inside to gut out a win agains't them. Just my opinion again.

i would love to see calgary against edmonton!! that would be crazy!!