Whats going on with Alden Darby?

Did Alden Darby run over a coach's dog or something? Can someone explain to me why we signed Alden Darby if we aren't going to play him? The team made a big deal of basically "stealing" him away from Ottawa, and half of the time they don't even put him in the lineup. I'm sure he is earning a decent salary..

1 Like

Stein and his other coaches don't believe Darby gives us the best chance to win more than the players he has in the game day line-up. Stein always preaches versatility and Darby is one of the most versatile players on his defence. I cringe when I think Stein believes Desmond Lawrence and Richard Leonard are better to have playing than Alden Darby.

4 Likes

I don’t get what they’re thinking here either. Darby would likely be a starter on any other team.

Meanwhile they continue to play Durant on the offence who has been completely invisible.

5 Likes

Exactly. I wasn’t expecting you to bring in baffling offensive decisions but since you’ve opened up that can of worms the Durant decision is another head-scratcher.

3 Likes

Is it Durant or his QBs not finding him in their progressions?

1 Like

I guess you must have missed him jogging his pass routes out there during the Montreal game.

3 Likes

If Kiondre Smith can get 4 catches a game, no excuse for a 6 year vet to be invisible, especially playing at slotback. I was excited when he first signed here, saw some of the flashes with Calgary and BC earlier in his career. To say he’s a disappointment is a huge understatement.

Going back to Darby, no idea what our coaching staff is thinking there. I think there was one game, possibly against Edm, where he overran a couple of tackles. Outside of that he’s looked solid to me, seems to fly around and always be near the ball.

5 Likes

durant is no doubt staying in the lineup cause he is canadian and cause Ternowski is still injured but slowly recovering since Ternowski was playing catch with teammates yesterday

1 Like

They should at least bench Durant or if there’s no improvement then just give him his one way bus ticket out of town and activate Jones off of the PR .

At least with Jones you will see some effort and production out of him instead of the lethargic , uninterested looking effort that Durant has produced since activated .

5 Likes