What would you say to Danny Barrett as head coach?

Danny is done in Sask. He was being groomed for the GM position and they gave it away to Tillman. He and Tillman have a bad history. Danny's tick and I don't blame him. What woukld you all think if he came to Ti Cat Town? Just throwing the question out there for curiousity.

I just got back from watching that new football movie. Bumped into Denny Creehan (Calgary Defensive coach) and often speculated to be the next CFL head coach.

I was so embarrassed with the teams current state, I did not even mention to him that I was Ti-Cat fan.

Don't do it!!!

Danny Barrett has been the Headcoach of the Riders since 2000, and has a record of 53 and 65 (or somehting close to that). From reading other threads, it sounds like the team needs a major overhaul. Danny Barrett isn't capable of that. He remains loyal to his players to a fault. Win or lose, Danny's boys are Danny's boys.

The Riders don't need a major overhaul, they just need a coach that motivates them to play 60 minutes of football. That said, the Country club atmosphere is gone, so they might start playing now.

No to head Coach but OC Maybe...

Danny and Shrivers created a "colour barrier" in Regina...
If you weren't black, and they could find somebody who was, you didn't get signed, much less play.
Don't know that I'd want to import a proponent of that dubious "system", that, in the evfent, didn't and does not work...

WELCOME!

WELCOME!

they just need a coach that motivates them to play 60 minutes of football
They didnt need that long the last 2 weeks.

no

Barrett is a jerk.His team is up by five touchdowns and he is still throwing deep passes and throwing the appeal flag when there are ten minutes left in a game that was over in the first quarter. The man has no class. He'll be back at the University of Cincinnati next year.
Pat Lynch (the old guy in section 7)

Barrett is a jerk.His team is up by five touchdowns and he is still throwing deep passes and throwing the appeal flag when there are ten minutes left in a game that was over in the first quarter. The man has no class. He'll be back at the University of Cincinnati next year.
Pat Lynch (the old guy in section 7)

Uhh.. we had our 3rd (&4th) string QB's out there. It was Jason Maas vs. Rocky Butler. Was Danny supposed to let Matt Dominguez or Reggie Hunt start QB'ing? no. Were the Riders supposed to just let Hamilton score a few touchdowns? no

The Riders were not running up the score with their 3rd stringer in there, they were just playing 60 minutes of football, which they havn't really done yet this year.

I say he's OK ,with a strong GM.

Actually they gave more chances for Black QBs to succeed. They actually changed the perception of regina as a place to play and gave fans the best players possible, shivers and talent found nice talent they just didnt turn into a powerhouse, but come on, the riders franchise has been pretty bad for a longtime, they've had 1 home playoff game since 1976.

No.