What would you like to see happen?

If it were up to you, which changes would you like to see in the coaching staff? Could you actually see it happening and why (or why not)?

I would like so see Jim Popp removed from his coaching duties but retained as GM. Although he does not impress me as a coach, I believe that he is one of the best GMs (when he can concentrate all his energy in the latter). Not sure about this as much will depend on Popp’s ego. He may prefer to leave the organiztion if he is not retained in both capacities.

Second, I would like to see Charlie Taffe hired as HC. I thought that he did a great job in 1999-2000 and it would be good to have him back. I think this is a real possibility if the rumors that he is trying to get out of his current contract in Hamilton are true (assuming that he is successful in doing that of course).

Third, hire Jacques Chapdelaine as OC. He has just been fired from Edmonton but rumor has it that he has already been talking to the Ti-Cats (possibly even for the HC position) so I don’t think that coming to Montreal is very likely.

So…what changes would you like to see?

In a perfect world, this is what I'd like to see happen:

Popp resigns as coach but stays on as GM. He's given us some great years of service in that capacity, which shouldn't be minimized or forgotten.

Chris Jones becomes head coach. He's ready, he's waited long enough for the chance, it's time.

Noel Thorpe becomes D.C. Jones, being a former D.C., will continue to be involved in the defensive calls and schemes, so Thorpe won't be flying on his own.

Bellefeuille is fired and we get one of the following to be O.C.: Chapdelaine, Barrett, or Burrato.

We fire our special-teams, O-line, and quarterbacks coaches and get people in there who know what they're doing.