What will happen if the Conservatives form Government

Well regardless what Ro1313 thinks the sun will rise in the east......all of us will have to get up and go to work, pay taxes , or go to school. The paper shredders will be busy in liberal offices............and the tories will be looking under alot of rocks to see what scuries out. Gays will still be getting married, and women will still have a right to choose. Hopefully the justice system will be fixed, and the power of the Auditor General will be increased, so poltico's of what ever color will be forced to be a little more honest with my money. The west and Quebec will see that corruption is not rewarded. And then the Liberals will have a house cleaning.........come back more honest, and deserving of our votes, and sooner or later we will be grow tired of the tories and they will be voted out. And life will continue......................oh and my wild prediction is in 10 yrs the NDP will be history, replaced by the Green Party.

..............sounds about right........you forgot that everyone will still pretty much hate the Eskimos.....the football team........not the people..........anyone remember football on this site?.........

your right I forgot about the Eskimos............%@%@%^&&#@#!& Eskismos..........and for what its worth don't really care for the Stamp's either or the Blue Bombers.............pretty indifferent to everybody else

Well the civil rights thing was nice while it lasted hoepfully harper will be out as quickly as clark if not faster or he will be slowed down enough that he wont be able to accomplish any of his anti individual rights agenda

.............hey mada.....................BOO................haha, made you jump........

What are the Canadian national polls saying right now. Can someone break it down.

cons win the minority! win seats in every region! a truly national party!
Whooo hooo! break out the bubbly

.........last time I looked (watching the flames-oilers hockey game) it was Cons 120 Libs 98 Bloc 40something NDP 20something Other 1with 13 ridings still to report........surf over to CBC.ca and they'll have up to date info.....

NDP will still be here in 10 years.

I just checked it out does this means Harper's in and Martin's out? I thought this happened in 2004? Sorry don't have a clue on Canadian government, and are there any suggestions on books on Canadian government, history, and elections.
thanks

...........oh, and I forgot, we here in Calgary, I guess the new power centre of the country according to M.Ducepe, will be so looking forward to telling.....no...ruling is a better word.........yes, Ruling over everything that happens in Quebec........

........that was just about the dumbest thing I saw this election........

..........its pretty basic Pete, the country is split into 308 'seats' of representative power........each party elects a leader.............each party runs a candidate in each seat.........the candidate with the most votes in each seat wins the priviledge to represent that seat in the House of Commons..........the party that wins the most seats forms the government of the term.......with their elected leader becoming the Prime Minister.........

To all you conservative supporters I give you this prediction be prepared to be utterly embarrassed by who YOU voted in when he strikes a blow against civil rights

So Stephen Harper is in? Wow the libs are going to be furious. Forget about sports i want to hear the nonsense the libs come up with to attack Harper. I'll make a few predictions on what the people are saying

1. conspiracy with votes.
  2. why is Ontario and Quebec the only provinces that are smart.
  3. The country is going to colapse, and i'am moving.

This is the crap i heard when Bush got in. The libs in Massachusetts think everyone liberal and this is what they told me so i acted like a liberal but chuckled inside.

...........(sigh)mada, mada, mada(sigh)..........well, that MINORITY government is certain all-powerful you know, Harper will not need any supporting Liberal, BLoc or NDP votes to ram through all that BIg Brother legislation..........go study parlimentary procedure and this should calm your fear-mongering ways.....

madmaxx, your prediction of the NDP gone in 10 years is an out to lunch prediction based on little understanding how people feel about the other two parties.The Green party is a protest party like the Bloc. People will continue to vote NDP because they will speak for the little guy, they will probably never be in power on a national stage but they wiill be around, the last I looked they were leading and elected in 32 seats which is the best since 1988. For a country going through a an economic boom I would say that is a really good showing for the NDP.

well Harper does want to give us property rights.............I'm not sure what rights he would take away..............I would be surprised if in a FREE VOTE.........yep those scary Cons wil give the MPs a free vote on Gay Marriage.........something the NDP and Liberals did not allow their MPs to have on Gay Marriage........that they could overturn it......and if they did would bring in Civil Unions...........I would say talking to cons that at least a third.......probably more are pro choice............or even if Opposed to abortions would vote down the law..............what I do know............the Cons will do some stupid stuff.........some may even be caught with they hands in the cookie jar..........and I hope the PM crushs those who get caught.........with REAL prison time for things like that...........and if it gets bad...............not as bad as the Liberals................I will unlike RO1313 vote the B*STARDS OUT..............Uhmmmm Kanga I thought you were going to keep your nose out of Canadian politics........at least till you know more about it

The only consolation I take in this is that Harper will be gone in around a year and a half. SO either we'll see some incredibly bigoted legislation or nothing at all. combine the NDP and the Conservatives and youre looking at a liberal platform. The liberals would never side with the conservatives and the Bloc will not pass any of harpers bigoted laws. But if for some reason Im wrong Harper will start with the gays and women then work his way to the blacks, the jews and the muslims then alienate everyone else that is not a straight white christian man like steven harper.

MAd MAxx its cute htat you think harper will punish any of his MPs that steal. WHat will happen itll be the same as with martin, deny, cover it up, and lie about it like every politician does

Holy Doddles............Mada............take a deep breath..........considering there is Gay, women, black, jews , east indians and native canadians in the Cons party...............as for Whosyourdaddy.........I find talking to people I know that many people don't see the NDP as party "Looking out for Working Canadians".....but for a party "looking out for the UNION working Canadians"..........but clearly I'm not from the left..........I just feel.....and I maybe crazy.......that maybe the Greens aren't stuck with the Labour label and thats a good thing for alot of people

........mada, at first I thought you were just misguided, misinformed, now, thanks to your tirade, you lose all that intricate tapestry of pschye and can just be labelled plain stupid........in trying to make Harper out as a racial bigot, you come off as one yourself..........