What will be Paopao's Offensive Obsession be this week?

First, let me say that Joe Paopao was one of my favorite players as a kid. Watching him now, he seems to have a ton of personality and comes across as a genuinely nice person.

But, I finally figured out why he hasn't been successful.

He get's locked into a specific play.

How many times did you see the Renegades do the following:

1. Run the shovel pass to Ranek 50 times in a game. It's successful and they win.
  2. Run the shovel pass the following week 50 times and they lose.
  3. Not run the shovel pass for the next 6 weeks.
  4. During those 3 weeks throw the ball to Armstead running one of 3 patterns.
  5. During the next 3 weeks use the screen pass so much that Joseph's arm muscle begins to atrophy from lack of use.
  6. Go back to step 1.

We saw it in the first couple of games. Shovel pass over and over. Did they use it at all the next two?

Based on this pattern, we may not see another hitch screen to a wideout for the rest of the year.

What will this week's Obsession be?

Fly Pattern to Flick until his lungs explode and we have to go find what Flag Football team Yo Murphy is playing for?

Or how about a counter hand-off to Ranek 40 times in a row? Maybe the Stamps will think it's an NFL game and only play 11 men.

Joe, I still love you. Just mix it up a little please.

This week his obsession will be that he doesn't have to listen to Greg Marshall saying "run this play or else you're gone", his obsession will be that him and Ronnie will operate as a team and respect each others role.
That will be his obsession my friend.

:x
This week his obsession will be that he doesn't have to listen to Greg Marshall saying "run this play or else you're gone", his obsession will be that him and Ronnie will operate as a team and respect each others role. That will be his obsession my friend.
I hope you are right. That doesn't explain his actions in Ottawa. Unless, he was getting messages from the top.

Not God, but Bernie/Lonie Glieberman.

I really, really hope Marshall was stifling his play calling creativity.

That's just my opinion Thrill, I don't have proof. But the stifling I'm sure also came with that pent up anger or whatever you want to call it that Marshall displayed resulting in a stress level that was way beyond normal I would think even for a football coach. I think Marshall had everyone so uptight that they had a hard time taking a squirt, if you know what I mean.
And in Ottawa, the Gades did show a balanced approach with getting the ball downfield and they did win games with an absolute horrible owner and circus there. I say "Good job Joe, you showed a lot of poise and professionalism in a very unprofessional environment!"

The play he seems to prefer the most is the punt.

With the heat and humidity we are expecting on Friday we should do everything possible to make there defence run a lot in the first quarter.

I say go with the no huddle for the first series - try mixing it up a bit.

Trick play, every play.

Calgary has the worst secondary in the league, so you'd think Maas will be throwing the ball longer than five yards tomorrow. However, they also smacked Saskatchewan around pretty good so you'd like to keep their offence off the field. Does that mean "ball control" ie running, hitch pass, screens, etc?

In the famous words of Reggie:

"Do the Draw Play Mon".