WHAT TURNS ME OFF FROM THE CFL.....

I THINK THEY NEED TO GET BETTER PLAY BY PLAY FOR THE GAMES I TRIED TO WATCH A GAME THE PLAY BY PLAY ISNT GOOD.....NOT SAYING THEY NEED TO BE A KIETH JACKSON(FORMER ABC COLLEGE GUY) BUT SOME OF THESE GUYS WERE VERY BIASED FOR ONE TEAM NOT SAYING WHAT GAME BECAUSE IT WILL MAKE SOMEONE MAD BUT THE PLAY BY PLAY COULD BE BETTER

I think most would agree with you there. But it is also annoying watching those 2 fools (don't remember their names) commentating for the NFL. All they do is argue with each other!

Sandusky..........do us all a favour please.

Touch your CAPS LOCK key.....once, just once.

Thanks

Sorry but if you cant follow the game without someone explaining it to you, We cant help you.

Besides the CFL doesn't need a virtual line of scrimmage and a giant arrow showing us which way the ball is going.......

I hate those, its so insulting to the viewers, I dont know why TSN or CBC does that-- I guess they must think if the American networks do it, we should ...

Personally speaking, I wish a lot of the times watching whatever sports, whatever league, there were no announcers and they just showed the game like the CBC strike with CFL games a couple years back, I thought it was great, turned up the speakers on my TV loud and could hear crowd noise and stadium announcers, more like being at the game. The announcers should just do half times or in between periods I think.

CBC and TSN only have the first down line and I have no problem with that.....I know where the LOS is and I certainly know which way the ball has to move.......

Sanduffas.....If you hate the CFL so much, why do keep comming here?
You are nothing but a troll, and an IGNORANT one at that.
Go back under your bridge where you belong!

I've actually never seen the giant arrow used in the CFL.

I don't mind the first down marker and the downs because it helps if you miss a play for whatever reason. But if you really need to know which way the ball is going, look at the yard lines on the field. Most have small arrows (I think Edmonton is the only one without those).

What turns me off? Goofy expansion threads! :roll: :roll:

Oh man that little bald guy from Pardon the Interruption who does MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL is the absolute worst commentator in Pro football history. Followed closely behind him is the guy who does the Atlanta Falcon's games.

One time the Falcons guy actually requested a replay while on air of a player standing there just so he could circle, with his magic pen, the player's mouthguard, which was placed in his facemask in between plays. He accompanied the circling with, " you see the players put their mouth guard in the face mask in between plays". Then the next play started and that was it! Wow! I was blown away by the retardedness of his comment. I think his name is Bumdinger or close to that.

I wish someone would compile I list of Madden-isms.

That guy just says some of the stupidest things you'll ever hear.

"They are going to try and get a 1st down here Al..."

I think they will try to score more points!
Duh!
really?

And now Tom Brady looks like Tom Brady.?

Yes, he does. I don’t think he put on a mask or anything.

Although I would rather listen to John Madden and Al Micheals over a lot of other annoying announcers they have.

I think TSN generally does a good job with the announcers. Some people can't stand Suitor and I will agree with them sometimes, but it's a way better play by play / colour tandem than CBC has.

Fixed it.

Madden and Michaels aren't bad to listen to, and the guys doing the Monday night games aren't bad, either.

Suitor and the other guy (his name escapes me at the moment) are generally pretty good; I just wish they'd stop talking when the ref is announcing a penalty. They stop occasionally, but not always.

Walby and Lee... the two of them could drive a person to suicide... :lol:

CBC (at least I think it's CBC - I recall seeing one last weekend) does, from time to time, use a virtual LOS - coloured a brownish-reddish colour, iirc.....I didn't mind it, but I also don't much pay attention to it, or to the virtual first down line, either.....

I don't mind the virtual first down line, let's me get lazy while watching from time to time.

I would love that.

I believe it's probably beaten into their heads, but announcers too often seem terrified of dead air so they try as hard as they can to fill every second. There's no need for that. I didn't have announcers sitting next to me at games and I was perfectly happy.

The best are when the announcers tell us what the player is thinking in that situation. Like they have a clue. Last weekend on TSN I was laughing at the one announcer who got all over the Calgary player for not catching a ball that was overthrown and got picked. He was all over the player for not having good hands and jumping higher to catch the ball; hmmm the receiver is also the holder for the stamps and everyone compliments him on how great his hands are... I was wondering who the announcer was in the tsn Calgary BC game.
It was like Henry could do no wrong....

We don't need commentators at a live game, we don't need them on TV.