What to wear?

In the hour before kickoff @ MTL, tcmike posted this in the "Hamilton at Montreal" thread:

"ugh not a fan of all while :thdn: "

That prompts this fashion review and rating, in order of success, of the TiCats' choice of dress, this year:

All White - 3 wins, no losses
Signature - 1 win, no losses
White over Gold - 3 wins, 1 loss
Black over Gold - 2 wins, 1 loss
All Black - 1 win, 2 losses
White on Black - No wins, 1 loss

Lack of wear, so far, could suggest they might risk going to the coast in their only winless combo, which includes their most unlucky (1-3) black bottoms.
Don't do it TiCats!

Re: Hamilton at Montreal GT, Sun. Oct. 18, 1 pm et, TSN
Postby tcmike » 18 Oct, 2015 - 03:42
ugh not a fan of all white :thdn:
tcmike

Actually I don't mind the all white combo as I think that there is enough gold and black contrast to make it look good IMO. Can't argue that they have been successful when wearing the combo although I doubt they'll wear it in BC as the Leos regularly wear white pants as part of their home uniform. Possibly the white/gold combo will be the uni of choice for this trip, and if they wear the white/black they'll just have to break the stigma of not winning in that uniform combo! :smiley:

Id be hard pressed to buy that the team plays any worse or better with certain combos

I always wondered whether our black uniforms drew more penalties than our white/gold uniforms. This article studied black uniforms and aggression in the NFL and NHL and it showed that they did indeed have a higher rate of penalties than their counterparts. It is an older study (1988), but, an interesting read.

[url=http://www2.psych.ubc.ca/~schaller/Psyc591Readings/FrankGilovich1988.pdf]http://www2.psych.ubc.ca/~schaller/Psyc ... ch1988.pdf[/url]

where is fenderguy with an analysis?!?!?

this could be crucial to our cup run!!!

Ah yes - the old "good guy" (white) bad guy (black) syndrome (not sure that is really the best word). Although when I first saw the Riders in their all white - including helmets - road unis a few years ago, they reminded me the the Storm Troopers from Star Wars who were definitely NOT good guys! :smiley:

I do recall that Hamilton took tons of penalties in their visit to BC last year (although it was earlier in the season), and we KNOW they were not wearing all black in that one. Of course the refereeing in that game was particularly brutal too as I recall. :roll: Hopefully that will not be the cast this time.

Last weeks game in Montreal seemed to be pretty clean for both teams, although the Larks did seem to take a few more flags than the Ticats.

Uniforms can actually make something of a difference. In HS we had two separate games uniforms and the pants were much more constricting in one uni from the other and it did inhibit running.

Not saying that's what's going on at all, but there is a possibility that the uni DOES make a difference

in BC I hope to see Gold Pant and white jersey, but hey as long as they win I don't care. I wish they would bring back the Gold Helmet once in a while