What the 'Cats can learn from the 'Riders ...

So I was just reading the story about Roy Shivers firing on TSN.ca (http://tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=174919&hubname=) , and I noticed this quote from the Saskatchewan Roughriders board of directors:

"It became apparent the Shivers would not be around in 2007 and Hopson said the board elected to put new management in place before off-season free agents needed to be signed."

I think the Tiger-Cats front office (ideally minus Ron Lancaster :wink:) should take a look into doing this as well and get a competent coaching staff in place before the end of the season. It would be a good experience and a tool for a new coaching staff to evaluate the players and to identify personnel problems before heading into the off-season.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Thoughts: We aren't going to find a solid coaching staff before the season's end. Most of the coaches that would be at the top of our wish list for a new head coach are probably coordinators for other teams right now. Once hired, the new head coach will go out and hire a staff. You can't exactly put together a top notch staff in the middle of a season.

Very good points, I never thought of that. But let’s say that the coach on the top of their list is say … Charlie Taaffe? I believe he is available immediately.

Okay, lets go that Charlie Taffe is immediately available.

Lets understand that he is less than impressed with the current staff, and wants changes...

There's no options for him until the end of the year, is there?

We are pretty much riding the horse we rode in on, and, if I recall correctly, everyone was pretty much on board with the changes of that date...

Club management will deliver...

Lifter