What other teams are saying about the Cats

For me, one of the more interesting weekly reads, on the CFL, is Kirk Penton's column "The Insiders." For those not familiar with it, Penton, in the Sun publications, publishes numerous quotes from CFL coaches and execs, without naming those individuals. Among this week's quotes are these comments on the Cats:

"Hamilton is loaded with talent, but the biggest difference we see in them this year is their offensive line. They're a lot better up front."

"Ottawa and Hamilton look like fun places to play. Beautiful new stadiums and fans who love their teams. Coaching here, we don't have the advantages they have."

"The reason why the Tiger-Cats' defence is so good is they present multiple looks."

"If I had to pick a most outstanding player, through the first third of the season, it would be either Zach Collaros or Andrew Harris."

"You guys (media) don't look at film. We (coaches) do. Ted Laurent is the best Canadian player in the league."

"Joel Figueroa is the best right tackle in the league right now."

I have to wonder if that last one comes from someone within the TiCat organization, in that he's only played in two games so far?
There's another interesting quote. This one not about the Cats --

"If Toronto kicks the crap out of Winnipeg Friday night, you guys (media) will blame the coaches and players. But we're in mid August and this will be the third time the Bombers have played two games in five days. That's (bull). That's on (Wade) Miller or Kyle (Walters). You can't let the league do that to your team." --

I do believe that WPG's extra tough schedule is likely the result of inexperienced management being out-smarted by the more experienced GMs around the league. The lists of stadium available dates, submitted for the start of schedule planning, by the more experienced guys, commonly contain only dates when they want to have home games .... not all the stadium available dates.

:thup: I have always been a staunch believer of "what others think of my team is non of my business" but if beat reporters around the league keep pumping the Cats tires this much, others teams and their players will [i]really[/i] start to believe this positivity about the Cats! After all, football is 90% mental, and 10% physical and I wouldn't mind if day after day, the rest of the league hears just how good of a team we are! :D

I agree with this 100%

“You guys (media) don’t look at film. We (coaches) do. Ted Laurent is the best Canadian player in the league.”

by ottawacat » 12 Aug, 2015 - 19:46

For me, one of the more interesting weekly reads, on the CFL, is Kirk Penton’s column “The Insiders.” For those not familiar with it, Penton, in the Sun publications, publishes numerous quotes from CFL coaches and execs, without naming those individuals. Among this week’s quotes are these comments on the Cats:

“If I had to pick a most outstanding player, through the first third of the season, it would be either Zach Collaros or Andrew Harris.”

And who exactly is ’ Andrew Harris ’ ??

Andrew Harris is the BC Lions Canadian RB, He is currently leading the League in Rushing with 519 yards and TD's with 6
He also has 288 yards receiving.
We will see a lot of Andrew Harris this Week!

Let me guess: they're saying "please don't let the Ticat defence hit us anymore".

BC, Edmonton, and Ottawa were all tied up for close to a month at the start of the season due to the FIFA Women's World Cup; and we know both our woes with the Pan Am Games, and the blew team's... difficulties with their buildings landlords. Winnipeg HAS gotten the stinky end of the stick at this point of the season, but the Southern Ontario teams have been nomads for the better part of two months, they can quit their crying and play better football.

And right now it is Harris who is the best Canadian Player in the league IMO. Laurent is great but Harris is on pace for almost 3000 yards from scrimmage and is carrying his team.

GOTTCHA ! … What I was getting at though, was I thought the comment was referring to something the " other teams
are saying ABOUT the Cats ".

Hence, my comment ... meaning Andrew Harris does [u]NOT[/u] play for the Cats.

But Collaros does, and the quote was a comparison. You'd prefer him to leave the second name blank? "It would be either Zach Collaros or someone else..." :roll: