What music have you been listening to lately?

I've been listening to a lot of early Tame Impala (Australian band) recently. This is from their first full length album "InnerSpeaker" released 2010:

1 Like

On FB go to Clinton's House of Funk for RnB and funk and mostly from the 70s and 80s. You are welcome. That's probably 80% of what I listen to any more.

If you have Sirius XM, The Groove is usually where it's at but of course Pandora, Spotify, et cetera.

Otherwise it's some metal and rock 'n' roll, and I go to another FB group for that too.

1 Like

70s, 70s. and more 70s

even most of my most favored gospel music is from the 70s

1 Like

I've been revisiting some old Amy Winehouse and Queens of the Stone Age playlists of late. :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Miles 1 Miles2

1 Like

Here's another Tame Impala song I've been listening to, from 2020.

1 Like

Try some Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds . . .

Like many (most?) I went to the CD format in the. early 90's. Got rid of the turntable etc. But I kept over 500 albums and have hauled them around ever since.
Recently I got a turntable and broke out the old vinyl. They are mainly mid 70s on through to early 90s when I went to CDs. So I've been listening to those almost exclusively. Just love it.

Lots of old Fleetwood Mac, Dylan, Jerry Jeff Walker, and Hoyt Axton. Lots of Ry Cooder too who I have almost forgotten about. And went to Amazon and bought several Sinatra pieces on vinyl whom I only recently started to appreciate. But I'm now a vinyl guy again!

Back in the vinyl days I was clearly a lyric and singer song writer guy. Still am.
I will go and get some Amy Winehouse vinyl soon.

1 Like

Cool! I didn't know they had a new album out. I enjoy this song, will have to get hold of the full album.

A friend turned me on to Black Pumas just a couple days ago. So far, I think they're pretty good.

2 Likes

It's called "The Slow Rush".

1 Like

So, how can a part time, amateur group create songs, make videos that are viewed by millions on Youtube, play before a crowd of 250k, get to work with the guy who produced Blink 182 and the Foo Fighters, and already have people covering their songs?

You need two things, a freakin' genius as a leader and connections in high places (hit the CC button for translation) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was never much of a George Michael fan, other than a solo album he made in 1990 called "Listen Without Prejudice Volume 1". This album is totally different than anything else he ever did, and it's AMAZING! May he RIP, and I thank him for leaving us with this incredible music.

Some songs from the album:

When I first heard Amy Winehouse on radio I thought I was listening to vintage 60s female pop. . . . she was really dedicated to re-creating the great female voices of the 60s including Dusty Springfield, Shirley Bassey, Cilla Black, Tina Turner, Nina Simone, Aretha Franklin, etc. Amy was an amalgam of all of them - and more. They really broke the mold after Amy left us.
Lady Gaga & Bishop Briggs try to give us an aroma of Winehouse but its not even close - and I'm a huge fan of both Gaga & Briggs.

Boy , are you ever right about Amy.
She got " tabloidized" and her brilliance was never realized.
Did you watch the heartbreaking doc on her? That was a hard watch.
She was the most "literal" song writer I ever heard.

1 Like

Love this band

Talk about still got it. Bill Henderson is 75 years old. No arthritis in those fingers! Normally not a fan of this type of thing, especially when the recording is so beloved. but this was very good.

Now for the fun, speaking of Bill Henderson, we all remember this Chilliwack hit

How many of you remember this fantastic cover of the song (the drummer mouth gulp is classic)

Bill H. has really aged well hasn't he? I think he lives out on of the Gulf Islands now.