What makes eveyone think DMAC should be the OC

Ok I'm putting this up for debate. Why do so many people here think he is a sure lock for OC next year. Since he has taken the reins this season since bellefule has taken the HC postion. we've had a lot of the same lousy play call sacks are about the same and our once dominant run game is now now exsistent. Aside from one good game I don't see how he should even be considered for the position next year. What we need is an OC with experience at developing and working with young talent and with a proven track record at running a good offense. Keep DMAC around to develop and work with the qb's but i for one dont want to see another experiment gone bad. Now isnt the time to have a rookie coach anywhere as the HC hired will have more then his hands full just developing and workin with the team he doesnt need a rookie coach under his wing

Agreed!

Allow me to use golf as an analogy. I look at Danny as “another club” for my golf bag. I’m not going to get rid of all of my other clubs and irons and play a round of golf with only that one club. I want a selection of clubs to choose from as each willl contribute in it’s own way to a better round of golf. So therefore, while I wouldn’t run out and annoint him as my OC, I would definitely keep him on in some capacity to help with the offense.

What makes you think that DMAC wants the job?
He inherited the job from Marcel, who else would you have chosen at the time? What makes you think that DMAC is calling the plays? According to the football operations site he is still just a consultant.

It was stated on this very site since Marc B took over as HC DMAC would take over the bulk of the play calling it was also stated in the newspapers etc. I never said anywhere he would want the job if you read carefully before you post i said people on this site of already appointed him HC i was asking what their basis is and my opinions on why i didnt thikn it was a good idea

I'm not so sure it was the bulk of the playcalling. I thought MB said bulk of the OC's duties.

If I do recall correctly, then MB could still be calling the plays while Danny has more input and responsibilities with the offence.

That is exactly what I read

I think DMac makes more sense now as a possible OC than he did a month ago. Looks very much like the team will be going with Porter as the starter for next year and will have to come up with a playbook for a more typical "pocket qb" than the one we have designed for scrambling qb's. Seems more what DMac prefers given his playing time. Of course everything will depend on who ends up as head coach, and that sure doesn't look like a lock at the moment.

I've always been a great fan of Danny McManus, as a quarterback, a team leader and a person.

Having said that, I don't believe those qualities necessarily make him the best OC candidate for next year. I hope he does stay with us as a QB coach. If the team feels he is the best OC candidate, so be it and best of luck to him, but I am not at all certain that his excellent playing career and one year as a coaching consultant makes him an instant OC.

Also, if he does become OC, or even if he stays as QB coach, I don't think he is more suited to serve in that capacity if Porter is the QB, or that Danny staying on or being promoted signals that Porter will be the starter. Yes, Porter is more of a drop-back QB than Printers for example, and that style resembles Danny's own in his playing days. But Danny (or any other effective coach) is intelligent and knowledgeable enough to coach players who are able to run as well as those who can't. Danny was a lousy runner; that doesn't mean he doesn't know anything about a rushing QB's skills and potential contributions to the offense.

Misleading title to this thread.
I do not think everyone thinks DMac should be the OC next year.

As stated in an earlier post, a HC must be decided on, then the process of completing the staff.
I would like to have DMac grow with the organization in some fashion.
Great guy, tons of experience, a winner.
What is not to like?

It's true Marcel's intentions were to gradually
ease away from of his duties as O.C. but

he is always front and centre at practices
working with the Offence, not Danny Mc Manus,

and I would bet it's his 'game plan'.

Danny's input from the spotter's booth
on game days may have some influence.

And that, in my humble opinion is the problem. MB is still too involved in the Offense and i think that is why the offense refuses to fire on all cylinders accept one game. In the short time as HC, MB has impressed me. But as an OC he did not impress me at all. Danny Mac would be a big upgrade as a full-time OC. MB, as head coach, would have input but in my opinion we would have a much more exciting offence with Danny leading it and Marcel lending his support.

How does he, as the HC, impress you?

Why did he not impress you as OC?

I want a defensive minded head coach.

Richie Hall.

Danny Mac would be a big upgrade as a full-time OC. MB, as head coach, would have input but in my opinion we would have a much more exciting offence with Danny leading it and Marcel lending his support.
How would DMAC be an upgrade to an OC with CFL experience what has DMAC done in his career as a coach to even warrant this. What says he will even suceed just because he was a good QB doesnt mean he can walk in and be a better OC then someone with years of experience. Work with the QB's yes but full time OC with this maybe setting him up fo failure. He doesnt just have the task of working with a developed team of veterans. He has the task of being an oc and woking with youngester imo itd be way too much too soon to put on a guy who has never coached before

We need a head coach first who will hire his own O Coordinator. At this point the O Line has played poorly you would have thought Marcel could have spoken to DMac who could have prepared a game plan that would have brought a faster passing scheme. I am not convinced DMac or Marcel have the knowledge or the necessaty tools to get the job done.

Did anyone notive Tressman brings in his staff that have NO CFL experience and bingo the assistant coaches find a way to get it done. It all comes down to coaching, leadership and talent. We have very little if any of anything it on our team.

We need a head coach first who will hire his own O Coordinator. At this point the O Line has played poorly you would have thought Marcel could have spoken to DMac who could have prepared a game plan that would have brought a faster passing scheme. I am not convinced DMac or Marcel have the knowledge or the necessaty tools to get the job done.

Did anyone notive Tressman brings in his staff that have NO CFL experience and bingo the assistant coaches find a way to get it done. It all comes down to coaching, leadership and talent. We have very little if any of anything it on our team.

DMac use to call his own plays.
For so many years....yes that makes him qualified to be an OC