What it was like when Grey Cup was on CBC

Your kidding…? Right?

Walby was the worst. Inaccurate and sounded like he had marbles in his mouth.

I also remember CBC cutting away in the fourth quarter from a CFL game (If my memory is any good, Winnipeg VS Calgary) to televise THE BLUE JAYS WORLD SERIES PARADE!

TSN is miles ahead of CBC, even with Rod Black as the worst.

So exactly like Bob Cole. LOL

ahh…yes…I remember that quite well back in the day when networks got along with each other. And at halftime you’d see the Blue of CTV and the Orange of CBC do a collaborative halftime show.

Anyone remember when Lloyd Robertson would do the Radio Shack TRS-80 game predictor? I recall one game in 1980 where Ottawa was in Toronto and the computer was on the sidelines and said “Ottawa by 4 points” and the Rough Riders won 20-16!

Sportsmen wrote: I also remember CBC cutting away in the fourth quarter from a CFL game (If my memory is any good, Winnipeg VS Calgary) to televise THE BLUE JAYS WORLD SERIES PARADE!
Didn't remember that Sportsmen. Unreal, total Torontonians "Centre of the Universe" people there at CBC at the time and probably still so. :thdn: Basically the rest of Canada, go screw you they were happy to say. I have little feelings of Canadiana for CBC to be honest.