What is with Rider fans?

Not really we have been there we accept winning graciously. We have nothing to prove.

Nothing to prove, because you haven’t proven anything since the fluke year of 2001?

I don’t think Lion fans are painted with the broad brush. There are a handful of you that deserve to be splattered with paint, however. And while it is usually others who are the instigators, as you tend to come on and defend them JUST BECAUSE they are Lion fans, regardless of how boorish they are, you tend to get paint on you as well. Again, show me the list of Rider fans that have been so loutish so as to be banned from the forums. Then I’ll give you some names of Lion fans—who you have defended at every turn–and we will compare notes. Frankly, there is not one Rider fan on these forums that has been as bad by half as several Lion fans were and are.

Ok we’ve heard from the pot, now we just have to wait for the kettles response.

"WERE GOING TO THE GREY CUP!"

Nice punctuation there, sporto.....

Thats not fair! Its lions fans thing to get banned from forums! Of course you can name more! Rider fans however like to get stadium bans LOL :smiley:

One big part of the issue is the abuse Saskatchewan takes as a whole. The personal attacks regarding the types of people who come from Saskatchewan (such as Deb's climbing the silo comment) simply add fuel to the fire. There is no respect for Saskatchewan (the province, the people OR the team) from a lot of the fans and the majority of non-Rider fans have made it quite clear they felt last year was a fluke and continue to say that this year has been more luck than ability as well.

I get tired of listening to the loudmouth bragging as well (from any teams) and sometimes wish it would stop but I can understand the frustration of Rider fans. The fact is Rider fans have supported a ton of crappy teams that were an embarrasment to watch. Now they are having some success and some people who have never in their lifetime experienced that are going a bit overboard.

Wow, I never realized that Saskatchewanigonians were the victoms of such abuse. I for one have always appreciated Saskatchewan and its people (with the one exception being the fact that you exile all your worst drivers to Alberta). I have always said that Tommy Douglas was the best premier Alberta ever had and thank him each and every day for driving the oil industry west.

So, since we have all ganged up on poor Saskatchewan, I think all of us should say we are truly sorry. I will start, others follow suit.

I'm Sorry!

Yep. Exactly.

I lived in Edmonton from 79-85. Dynasty years. Man, you should have seen it, it was crazy and (either hockey or football) you were loud and proud. I used to be a huge Eskimo fan, and I moved back home to Sask in 86, jumped off the City of Champions bandwagon around 92 (even through a Rider Grey Cup I cheered Eskimo). I have my reasons and I stick by them. It’s my only admission you will ever see from me here. :slight_smile:

Point is, whoever you cheer for, it’s easy to get swept up and have fun when you’re winning. You want to call it arrogance. Sorry, but when I go to a game, I’m not the guy pretending to be in a Church Pew listening to a minister droning on about what a sinner I am. Games are fun, and if you’re not, then stay home. Be loud, be proud, and stick it in the ribs of other teams (respectfully and within reason of course).

I’ve said it before, I attend at least 1-2 games in BC Place every year, I wear the greens. I get ribbed and heckled, but it (almost) never crosses lines and it’s in fun. And when I do it back it’s in good nature. I had an event in BC Place that crossed the line, and when it happened, the true BC fans were disgusted with their own and I was apologized to, etc, etc. Even after I celebrated the fumbles, the sacks, the field goals against BC, at the end of the day, they were great, and I had alot of fun there, and I will always go back, in greens. Being loud and proud is part of the game, and I wouldn’t miss it for the world, for or against me. It’s what CFL fans do. So lighten up, get off your hands and stop looking down your nose at fans who vocalize their pride. In fact, turn it around and stick it back at them. At the end of the day, we all have love and respect for each other, just because you wear, orange, red, black, green, gold, blue or whites, at the end of the day we are all CFL fans, and we should act like them. Loud and proud and just shy of crazy without being stupid. So get off your hands and stop being so lame. Have fun, you might actually like it. :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

So you want to talk flukes do you sambo. Riders 2007 Grey Cup Champions* now just like the author of this thread stated you have won a Grey cup and you walk on water interesting enjoy it the crown will be falling soon. And the Stamps have nothing to prove neither do the stamp fans. Like I say we win graciously. And just from the responses of rider fans in this thread has basically proven the author to be right. You can enjoy it for at least this week next week that will be all lost.

The blind leading the blind LOL.

you know, people who keep pointing out how gracious they are when they win are not really being gracious.

BigU I respect you but look at some of the posts. Sambo for one. If some of these people want respect you need to earn it. There are gans such as yourself that have earned it you win graciously and you lose graciously. You do not spout off bang your chest proclaim to be the loudest fans in the league. There are many my friend that wear the green and white colours. It is you my friend that get lumped in with these types of fans. Sad to say but that is what it is.

Really you mean when I say remember the numbers 42 -5 is not gracious enough. How is this? Thank you Tillman and the riders for allowing my team to beat the crap out of you that glorious October day. We are so fortunate to have such kind fun loving people in the province of Saskatchewan.

Boy 05, you can sure dish it out but cannot take it , it seems. Too bad, because you are the one constantly telling me to lighten up. Time to take your own advice, my friend.

lol… ok… on behalf of the Rider organization… it was our pleasure…geee. lol…

Lighten up Sambo thats what the stamps will do next time they play your team. Funny you would say that. Unfortunately that might have to wait until next year LOL.

I'm a rider fan..and yes our fans can be a little insane..but you got to keep in mind that its all we really have here.

The Roughriders are pretty much the only good thing to come out of Saskatchewan.

We don't have a professional hockey team, or anything huge that we can be proud of.. So, really it just makes the Roughriders all that more important to us.

We want something to be proud about.. and wheat and potash isnt something to be particularly proud of.

I respect every team in the CFL, and I respect all of their fans too. I just wish that people would understand that this is all we really have. The Roughriders are important to us, because they give us something to cheer about.

What the heck are you talking about dvhann.. I came out of Saskatchewan...